Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for keeping the info coming. I have been popping in, just too many to thank. Had a lovely Mom/Daughter day yesterday. Dinner out and much convo on this topic. Daughter is a Nurse. Off we went to a live Theatre Show. Half way thru the elderly lady beside me started coughing, deep, croupy. I leaned the other way rest of the show. Daughter thought it was a COPD cough. No cases in my City. Yet. As we left the young couple behind us said "I think we need to go home and sanitize ourselves" I just don't want to be near anyone with anything after a horrible bout of Pneumonia early Jan. So I am going with the woman has COPD.

Last edited:
Los Angeles
2 new cases....person traveled from Japan
another may be first case of community transmission
social distancing to be in effect immediately for elderly, pregnant women, health compromised people
over 330 facilities for interim housing
long term care facilities to be monitored and to take precautions
LA no numbers yet on # of people tested, started last Friday
only one lab....60 people only tested
schools not yet to be closed

Are t they going to be held in quarantine?

“[The passengers are] going to be offloading in a way that protects, first and foremost, the community and secondly protects those individuals," said Alex Azar, United States Secretary of Health and Human Services.

"They'll be in an isolation quarantine environment. They will then go to facilities that we've arranged around the country for their own care. They will be tested. They’ll go into 14-day quarantine. We're going to be leaving the crew on board the ship, although we're surging medical staff. We already have put people on board the ship to isolate those individuals, make sure appropriate isolation and quarantine is happening on board that ship and we’re working very closely with Governor [Gavin] Newsom and the mayor of Oakland on all of these efforts.”

Passengers held on Grand Princess cruise ship over coronavirus concerns to receive full refund

( BBM)

Two points:
1. Never think that a pediatric neurosurgeon is going to understand ANYTHING about viral pathogenicity or epidemiology. ( or federal handling of housing, for that matter)

2. "It's a little simple" is exactly the problem with the political handling of this complex process. Ignoring the advice of scientists and healthcare professionals is "A Little Simple"

Bravo and thank you! I am astounded at the faith people are putting in those who aren't even aware of the latest findings.

If you want to frame a house, you don't ask a plumber. He might know the generalities because he's seen homes built, but he hasn't the experience, or hasn't any practice.

Ok... A part time "Quarantine Colony" would be much more humane than a full time " Quarantine Colony", I suppose...... I gotta think about that one. I remember "Leper Colonies" and "Tuberculosis Sanitoriums" in Louisiana and Texas well from when I was a kid..................moo

I was thinking to myself how I just wanted to get out of town and go join a hippie commune somewhere, but then was like “commune”, no no no, very bad idea!!

WAFB on Twitter

WAFB) - Governor John Bel Edwards announced Monday Louisiana has its first presumptive positive case of coronavirus, a patient from Jefferson Parish currently being hospitalized in Orleans Parish.

Presumptive positive results come from testing in public health labs in states.

Those samples are sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta for confirmatory testing. If a sample is negative, it does not have to be sent to the CDC for additional testing.

Here's an article in the BMJ (British Medical Journal) about hypertension and CoViD-19, and other co-morbidities. It seems as if certain blood pressure medicines might elevate the risk for a severe course if infected by the virus. Re: Preventing a covid-19 pandemic: ACE inhibitors as a potential risk factor for fatal Covid-19
BBM

Thanks! I had forgotten about that article. I take one of the drugs. Ugh. But I don’t want to make any changes unless I am infected. At that point I would whip out the article and ask for an alternative.

Health Officials Confirm 7th Coronavirus Case in Illinois LOCAL NEWS NBC CHICAGO
Health Officials Confirm 7th Coronavirus Case in Illinois

What is the statistically odds that one will catch the virus based on the 2.8 million population in Chicago compared to the 7 confirmed cases. Also the statistics probability of catching it considering there are 12 million in the state of Illinois.
Curious about the state by state probability numbers if anyone knows or has links to multiple unbiased sites
thanks

The better question is what does it matter if we have no idea how many actual cases there are?

Here's an article in the BMJ (British Medical Journal) about hypertension and CoViD-19, and other co-morbidities. It seems as if certain blood pressure medicines might elevate the risk for a severe course if infected by the virus. Re: Preventing a covid-19 pandemic: ACE inhibitors as a potential risk factor for fatal Covid-19

Yep that's me... but the lisinopril is less harsh on my system than the dang Hydrochlorothiazide which is great for the bp but not so much for the rest of me no matter how much water I drink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221