Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Valsartin (brand name Diovan) also among these?

They mention lisinopril (ACE inhibitor medication that prevents the formation of angiotensin, a chemical in the body that narrows blood vessels. There are several ACE inhibitor drugs available, but they only mentioned lisinopril in their study.

They also mentioned losartan which is an ARB drug that blocks the action of angiotensin, a chemical in the body that narrows blood vessels. There are several ARB drugs available, but they only mentioned losartan in the study.

8 cases of presumed coronavirus confirmed in Iowa Wow. It escalated quickly in Iowa. There was 3 as of yesterday. Now there are 5 more today. I'm guessing we will hear the other counties soon other than Pottawattamie and Johnson (yesterday). Edited-changed number.
Could it be connected by the lady who traveled back from England to Omaha, then went to 5 different health care facilities, a special Olympics basketball tournament, visited the VFW and more? We have restricted visitors to Childrens Hospital, Omaha, because she visited 2 of the Methodist hospitals (my hospital) before she landed at UNMC in the bio-containment unit. Her father and another family member are now sick also. Council Bluffs, Iowa intermingles with Omaha, Epply Air field where she flew into.

MOO

Investigators track path of Omaha woman with coronavirus disease

Briefing supposed to start in 2 minutes:

Wow!!!! He says he will be taking major economic steps! I’m curious about what these will be!! (ETA: Jerry McGuire “Show me the money” comes to mind)

We absolutely need a transcript

Headlines are going to blow up moo re: President’s talk about economic relief for Americans, protecting hourly workers and businesses big and small.

Wow. Excited to see exactly what he’s going to do!

Last edited:
Coronavirus: Qantas slashes more flights, grounds more than half of A380 fleet

Following cuts to Japan, Hong Kong and even New Zealand on Friday, Australian airline Qantas has been forced to take even more action amid the coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.

On Tuesday, the airline announced it was altering routes to London and parking eight of their 12 A380 aircraft because of weak demand — saying it will reduce capacity overall by almost a quarter for the next six months.

Qantas announces massive flight changes

It must be a very worrying time for airline employees.

Wow!!!! Will be taking major economic steps! I’m curious about what these will be!!

We absolutely need a transcript

Headlines are going to blow up moo re: President’s talk about economic relief for Americans, protecting hourly workers and businesses big and small.

Wow. Excited to see exactly what he’s going to do!

Last edited:
Random musing. I’m still on pause with the WHO PC at three minutes in and thinking about the opening sentences with use of the “P” word.

The fact that Doc T did not use this word lightly in the past, and practiced “restraint” , and upon a lot of pressure I might add, moo, makes it even more powerful and meaningful. It’s like when someone tells you they love you for the first time after you’ve been dating a while...

It’s also like this. I’ve noticed that a new trend, particularly around the “younger people”, is to say to everyone “I love you”...which is great, spread the love but here’s the thing. The way some people say it, is more like a greeting, like “see you later”, meaning they don’t really love me. It’s just a word that is being used lightly, moo.

So to me, Doc T using the “P” word is like to me when someone who really means it uses the “L” word for the first time.

It’s also like some of these “quiet people” who don’t talk much, so when they DO say something, it means even more.

Going going back in for further context.

If I am remembering correctly, I think he says something like that if this does become a pandemic, then this is the first pandemic in history that could have been contained. Very sobering. MOO.

Fencing is going up around a building at Dobbins ARB in Marietta. Official says 151 beds available at Dobbins, 190 beds at National Guard Center. Live starting at 5 for #Coronavirus coverage. @wsbtv Chris Jose on Twitter

Four weeks ago this was published. Never thought we’d ever need it but here are the quarantine locations in the US:

The list of bases and installations include:

Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, near Honolulu International Airport;

Great Lakes Training Center Navy Base, close to Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport in Illinois;

Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, Texas, located near Dallas Fort Worth International Airport;

Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Georgia, close to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport;

Fort Hamilton, New York, located near John F. Kennedy International Airport;

Naval Base Kitsap, Washington state, near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport;

Joint Base Anacostia, Washington, for passengers traveling to Virginia;

Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey, for Newark Liberty International Airport; and,

Fort Custer Training Center, Michigan, near Detroit.

Pentagon Names 11 Military Bases as Potential Coronavirus Quarantine Centers

Nope, 9,000. Positive out of 60
million.
Lots of recent immigrants. Italy has been in financial distress for awhile now as well.
I honestly expect riots. Especially... If people can't get enough food.
OK. Time will tell.

Four weeks ago this was published. Never thought we’d ever need it but here are the quarantine locations in the US:

The Department of Defense (DOD) named installations “near 11 major airports that could house additional passengers” if HHS facilities become filled, according to a news release.

Great Lakes Training Center Navy Base, close to Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport in Illinois;

Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, Texas, located near Dallas Fort Worth International Airport;

Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Georgia, close to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport;

Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey, for Newark Liberty International Airport; and,

***....moo

(@cody22, hope you don’t mind if I steal that from you for a minute)

If I am remembering correctly, I think he says something like that if this does become a pandemic, then this is the first pandemic in history that could have been contained. Very sobering. MOO.
I agree. Researchers have been studying since the 1918 pandemic and I believe they know what needs to be done.

They sound enlightened and preparing.

Could it be connected by the lady who traveled back from England to Omaha, then went to 5 different health care facilities, a special Olympics basketball tournament, visited the VFW and more? We have restricted visitors to Childrens Hospital, Omaha, because she visited 2 of the Methodist hospitals (my hospital) before she landed at UNMC in the bio-containment unit. Her father and another family member are now sick also. Council Bluffs, Iowa intermingles with Omaha, Epply Air field where she flew into.

MOO

Investigators track path of Omaha woman with coronavirus disease
OMG :(

Dr. Jen Ashton on World News Tonight with David Muir

Symptoms + 100.4 fever = seek care.

1,000,000 hospitals; 800,000 doctors; 250,000 critical care nurses
Already being stretched to limits.

I'm stunned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics