Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUST IN: An Acworth, GA teacher has tested positive for #coronavirus. Childcare Network on Baker Grove Road will be closed tomorrow and Wednesday. @wsbtv Chris Jose on Twitter

Chris Jose on Twitter
Yay (not) That daycare is right next to the grocery store where I shop!
I went on self quarantine in time to not be exposed! (I hope)
Me: looking at my 4-6week stash...
The days are getting longer and longer and I haven't been at this a week yet!
It's like blinking, you dont think about it until someone mentions it then, you can't not think about it for a few minutes.
I'll deal!!
Moo

Homemade tortillas sound great! *off to look for recipes*
99% of my recipes come from Cooks Illustrated. They have never let me down. Usually I make it the way they say to at the start and then I’ll tweak it the next time for my preferences. They have both corn and flour tortilla recipes, also homemade bread, pasta, chicken stock, lots of things to make from scratch instead of store bought, including salsa. It’s a bit expensive for the app but if it saves you from eating out a few meals it’s not too bad if you think about it. Let’s me make prime rib with twice baked potatoes and duck egg creme brûlée for special occasions.

ETA: also known as America’s Test Kitchen

ETAA: Duck egg creme brûlée is my own concoction, just substituting duck eggs and so much better.

Last edited:
99% of my recipes come from Cooks Illustrated. They have never let me down. Usually I make it the way they say to at the start and then I’ll tweak it the next time for my preferences. They have both corn and flour tortilla recipes, also homemade bread, pasta, chicken stock, lots of things to make from scratch instead of store bought, including salsa. It’s a bit expensive for the app but if it saves you from eating out a few meals it’s not too bad if you think about it. Let’s me make prime rib with twice baked potatoes and duck egg creme brûlée for special occasions.

ETA: also known as America’s Test Kitchen
I make tortillas out of flax seed. So glad you mentioned tortillas since I've got 5 lbs stocked up. I stocked up on enough food for 4 weeks but I'm afraid it could get pretty boring after a week or so.

Thanks for the well wishes! Luckily we were the third case called and it was quick. But the line to check in at the department was half an hour long. So I waited down the hall until it dwindled. One lady coughed without covering her mouth. I was more than six feet from her.

Inside the department my client’s brother coughed right behind me. I hope he covered his mouth.

But not bad. One other lady coughed into her hoodie. She covered her mouth with her hoodie.

So feeling brave I went to get a long necessary hair cut. Only two stylists were there and no customers. Nice. No one was sick. Half way through another worker comes in. Three other people come in. A man coughs slightly without covering his mouth. But I think he was more than six feet from me. I’m not sure.

Then, I’m almost done and feeling pretty safe. But the lady sweeping turned from the man who coughed and facing me coughed a good cough right at me. Didn’t cover her mouth. I know it’s stupid but I couldn’t help but wonder if she’s been to South Korea lately (she’s asian). The lady cutting my hair looked at me with wide eyes and a look to say, “Oh my gosh!” She got coughed on too of course.

All I can do is pray she had nothing. But THIS is why I’m paranoid. Many people don’t practice good hygiene. They just don’t. And I can’t afford the risks they take with others’ health.
I know its crazy! I had to run an errand today, and every little cough I heard, had me swinging my head around to see where it was coming from. I can't really discuss with family, because they think I'm over reacting.

Wow we are all isolating in our homes at least we can lean on each other and entertain each other with tortilla making classes and fermentation classes!
And we can talk about WS cases. I will give all of my pandemic supplies and toilet paper to anyone who can figure out who murdered Abby and Libby!

Coca-Cola HQ is now running a drill to test its ability to handle #COVID19. “@CocaCola is launching major test of its preparedness, asking all employees at its worldwide HQ in Atlanta to work remotely Tuesday”. It has 86,000 workers worldwide, 10k in US. Coronavirus test run: Coca-Cola HQ employees work remotely
Preparing in advance....imagine that.

There is a reason Coke is one of the worlds' top companies I guess.

jmo

The Queen Mary BioEnterprises Innovation Centre in London is looking for 24 volunteers to inject with coronavirus and participate in their flu camp.

They will be paid about $4,588 for their troubles.

It’s an attempt by medical research and development company Hvivo to create a vaccine.

The human guinea pigs — who will receive a battery of tests before being selected — will be given two of the virus’ weaker strains, 0C43 and 229E, which should cause mild respiratory symptoms. They will then be given new or existing vaccines.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...u-get-infected-with-coronavirus-for-4500/amp/

Um, marking this one, can’t even process that right now, but thanks. :)

Sorry, the “D” for “Denver” word has hit me hard.

Here’s why.

I already posted about the 1 in 20 formula moo and that was an understatement.

Everyone is just going to spread it around.

Considering how contagious it is, with OTHER PEOPLE not caring, I think one can just about expect you’re going to get it unless you reallly take really careful precautions, even then...if other people...

My question is at this point is if I don’t have it already from yoga etc.

Last edited:
Hi,

Were people coughing around you today by any chance?

Remember last night we were talking about how it’s like a scary movie and surreal?

And we both got just happened to get news today of ST /CS in our big city areas...LA and Denver...

Well tell me if this is happening to you yet? I’m hearing people coughing around me like crazy...like the “Wuhan” videos...

My neighbors have been sick in and inside the house.

I’m serious.

Re: hearing all the coughing, it could of course could be I’m more tuned into it and or paranoid (highly likely)/ This could be I’m simply more aware of “coughing”...

But seriously considering since we have ST now..I really wonder how many of these people coughing all around me just have the “flu” or are just coughing normal coughs or if it’s Covid-19 or what...

@MJPeony what’s up in your area?

@SeattleStew and other friends, how is Seattle etc?

Please keep those local reports coming, tia. I’m about to delve into the Denver/Cocsituation, unfortunately
I’m super far behind- but just skipped ahead for a second. Santa Clara County press conference is supposed to start in 5 minutes and I’m going to try to watch and I’ll report back....

I was in San Francisco today at the hospital for a child’s procedure (nothing too serious, but needed to be done despite my desire not to head into the hospital in SF right now!). I was generally just really grossed out being there amidst this virus situation.

I tried to crane my head to see the Grand Princess docking across the Bay as I drove by, but couldn’t look closely enough to see it since I was driving.

More after the presser.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member