Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Hatfield, moment of levity:

“And we thought the NOCO shootings threads were bad” :eek:....

Sustained transmission in Denver puts that one to shame!

Denver?

Holy moly. @Lilibet, we have some similar issues to Portland moo as far as homeless goes.

I’m probably about to shoot a APVLD any second after that Uber ride.

Last edited:
The mayor of NYC said today that as of now, the NYC St. Patrick's Day parade, scheduled for this Sunday, is still on.

jmo

why? Why? Why? I used to live in NYC and 3/17 and/or parade day was always a day to hide out in my apartment. It’s mostly a drunk fest with people throwing up in the subway and streets. Ugh. Couldn’t they cancel for the sake of the health of the whole city?

Cardiologist from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is in critical condition with coronavirus
(Works at the King of Prussia, PA location)
Steve Lookner on Twitter

.@KYWNewsradio's @JMelwert confirms a #coronavirus patient in critical condition at Hospital of the University of Penn is a cardiologist from CHOP King of Prussia facility. Latest live: https://t.co/o1KUgqLVC
Alex Silverman on Twitter

Cardiologist from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is in critical condition with coronavirus
(Works at the King of Prussia, PA location)
Steve Lookner on Twitter

.@KYWNewsradio's @JMelwert confirms a #coronavirus patient in critical condition at Hospital of the University of Penn is a cardiologist from CHOP King of Prussia facility. Latest live: https://t.co/o1KUgqLVC
Alex Silverman on Twitter
Oh no. Philly is my area. Children's is a fantastic hospital and world renowned for helping children all over the world. Just more sadness.

Could it be connected by the lady who traveled back from England to Omaha, then went to 5 different health care facilities, a special Olympics basketball tournament, visited the VFW and more? We have restricted visitors to Childrens Hospital, Omaha, because she visited 2 of the Methodist hospitals (my hospital) before she landed at UNMC in the bio-containment unit. Her father and another family member are now sick also. Council Bluffs, Iowa intermingles with Omaha, Epply Air field where she flew into.

MOO

Investigators track path of Omaha woman with coronavirus disease
Kim Reynolds signs disaster proclamation due to the coronavirus
The other 4 cases in Iowa are also in Johnson county on the same cruise as the previous 3. ETA-I don't think the one in Pottawatami is related to anything in Omaha. I reread the article. It seems it has to to do with traveling to California IMO.

Last edited:

Oh JerseyGirl...this has been quite a ride...just getting started...Do you have sustained tranmission yet in your area? I’m so behind.

All I know is they said BOTH the dreaded “D” word and “P” word today (I haven’t gotten to watch full WHO conference but you likely saw my huge letters written in context re: P usage in Doc T’s opening statement...

I will have to zoom into my local area now...Henry posted “D” has a case of unknown origin...

Which all cities and states have ST / CS now? (Sustained transmission / community spread)

Kim Reynolds signs disaster proclamation due to the coronavirus
The other 4 cases in Iowa are also in Johnson county on the same cruise as the previous 3. The Pottawatie one could be related to the Omaha woman I agree.

“Disaster proclamation” lol...yeah I would say so moooo

Waves @24Roses welcome

Last edited:
The Australian Academy of Science has released a video explaining how many people could potentially die from the coronavirus and what you should do if you start to show symptoms.

More than 80 people have now been infected with the COVID-19 disease across the country and three people have died.

But Professor Robert Booy from the University of Sydney says about 3000 people may die in Australia in what he considers the “best case estimate”.
Expert says about 3000 Aussie might die from coronavirus

A cardiologist at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s campus in King of Prussia has tested positive for the new coronavirus and is being treated at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Montgomery County officials said Monday evening.

The doctor, who recently had traveled to another country where the virus is circulating, is one of 10 state residents — including seven in Montgomery County — who have tested positive for the virus at a state laboratory.

CHOP is contacting patient families who may have come into contact with the doctor over the past week and is advising them to self-quarantine, hospital executive officer Madeline Bell said in a Monday email to CHOP staff obtained by the Inquirer.

Coronavirus sends CHOP-King of Prussia cardiologist to Philadelphia hospital

Coronavirus en América Latina:
- Brasil 25 casos
- Argentina 17 casos y 1 muerte
- Ecuador 15
- Chile 13
- Costa Rica 9
- México 7
- Rep. Dominicana 5
- Colombia 3
- Paraguay 1
Coronavirus en América Latina y España: mapa y datos

Ok so this is like the “row row row your boat” analogy I mentioned upstream)—

They’re on the “row” part and we’re on the (not so) “gently down the stream” part...

I have dermatitis and allergies which makes not touching my face an impossibility. So I use my shoulder.
Felt bad for you in court today, hope it was not too crowded with coughers and sprayers!
Crazy idea for face touching, what about using a sterile back scratcher or comb (not a long one) that you could keep in a sterile sheath which you can whip out and tuck away again?
Admittedly pre cv19, i have sometimes kept a wet scott towel in a sealed baggie so that i can give my face and hands a little wipe.
In a pinch, what about keeping a thermos filled with hot water that could be discreetly poured onto a fresh napkin/facecloth?

Vietnam, thank you. A catchy tune that encapsulates the pandemic (does it feel less scary in lower case?) and the importance of washing hands.

ETA: english subtitles. If you're not seeing the subtitles, click on the "CC" button on bottom of video menu

The Queen Mary BioEnterprises Innovation Centre in London is looking for 24 volunteers to inject with coronavirus and participate in their flu camp.

They will be paid about $4,588 for their troubles.

It’s an attempt by medical research and development company Hvivo to create a vaccine.

The human guinea pigs — who will receive a battery of tests before being selected — will be given two of the virus’ weaker strains, 0C43 and 229E, which should cause mild respiratory symptoms. They will then be given new or existing vaccines.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...u-get-infected-with-coronavirus-for-4500/amp/

You are awesome. You make me miss my ranch so much! I love spicy food. I would feel right at home hunkering down at your place. Scrambled eggs, salsa and tortillas for breakfast.

We are stocked with animal feed, shavings, dog food and human supplies. At any point in time we should be good for 6 weeks give or take a few days by replacing what I use on a weekly basis. Made a big batch of salsa and canned it so if I’m stuck eating plain beans and rice at least it will have some flavor. Lady in the store wanted to know why I was buying so many tomatoes, thought about saying they are a cure for the Coronavirus but decided to hide my dark humor. Instead I told the truth and have thirty-two 8 oz jars with store bought tomatoes and my jalapeños, serranos and habaneros I grew last summer and froze until I could use them. Between that and my orange habanero jelly we should be good on dressing up the basics.
Neighbor came over for some eggs and she had no idea about the virus. I mean she did but she thought it was overblown in media. I got into the stats on it and she seemed a bit alarmed. Told her if she needed anything to let us know. I can set her up with eggs and homemade bread if food gets short and sent her home with a jar of salsa to try, not so sure about sharing my tp stash.

This is why we need to listen to both sides of the story.

The Omaha woman who became sick with coronavirus after traveling from London is herself a special needs person. She was adopted at an early age by the family, and has always had respiratory problems, so they didn't think anything was out of the ordinary. She herself was to play on the basketball team for the special Olympics, but during the game was hit in the head and suffered a headache. That was why they repeated visits to the Dr's and hospitals. The father is heartbroken, he fears he will never see his daughter again.

Father of Nebraska's first coronavirus patient says they 'had absolutely no idea' she was sick

MOO

I have dermatitis and allergies which makes not touching my face an impossibility. So I use my shoulder.

Hi,

Were people coughing around you today by any chance?

Remember last night we were talking about how it’s like a scary movie and surreal?

And we both got just happened to get news today of ST /CS in our big city areas...LA and Denver...

Well tell me if this is happening to you yet? I’m hearing people coughing around me like crazy...like the “Wuhan” videos...

My neighbors have been sick in and inside the house.

I’m serious.

Re: hearing all the coughing, it could of course could be I’m more tuned into it and or paranoid (highly likely)/ This could be I’m simply more aware of “coughing”...

But seriously considering since we have ST now..I really wonder how many of these people coughing all around me just have the “flu” or are just coughing normal coughs or if it’s Covid-19 or what...

@MJPeony what’s up in your area?

@SeattleStew and other friends, how is Seattle etc?

Please keep those local reports coming, tia. I’m about to delve into the Denver/Cocsituation, unfortunately

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member