Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Emergency #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going on a plane and staying in a hotel over next several days. I’m taking: N95 mask, Clorox wipes, travel size Lysol spray, and pocket Purell bottle.

Planning on using wipes on plane surfaces and spraying hotel room surfaces. Plan to use Purell as much as I can. Was only planning on using mask in case of sudden new cases in area I’m headed.

I plan to decline help with luggage from taxi/Uber drivers, decline food or beverages on flight, and not eat in airports. I plan to stay as far away from others in airport as well (yeah, that will be a piece of cake :confused:).

Any other advice? (Heaven help us that right now I trust WS more than the CDC for medical advice :eek:)

Wear the N95 mask, guard it with your life. There is no way of knowing who might be a "carrier". The risk is to great.

I was browsing Amazon today, put in an "N" in the search bar, to look for "Nordicware", what came up was "N95 Mask". Looks like Amazon is selling quite a few masks, when an "N" brings that item up instantly.

I finally got a box of 20 delivered this week, ordered from Amazon a couple weeks ago. At least 2 suppliers cancelled, saying they were out, but I finally lucked out with the 3rd seller.

Scary stuff here...don't know it's allowed but from what I can see the Chinese doctors are finding that one can survive, then get reinfected and something about the drugs given to aid recovery weaken the heart and ends up killing the patient? Also numerous negative tests even from syptomatic patients before finally getting positive...

Exclusive: Chinese doctors say Wuhan coronavi... | Taiwan News

I was browsing Amazon today, put in an "N" in the search bar, to look for "Nordicware", what came up was "N95 Mask". Looks like Amazon is selling quite a few masks, when an "N" brings that item up instantly.

I just checked Amazon, as I have been searching for weeks. The N95 Amazon has millions of are NOT FDA approved for medical use. They do have NIOSH for Industrial use. These do not filter out the "fine" airborne germs.

A good way to test any mask, is to take a clear plastic bag that will easily over your head with some spare room. . Boil sugar and water to a thin syrup. Place is spray bottle. Put in the N95 or any mask on,place bag over head and spray a small fine just under the bag. If you taste sugar, the mask does not fit and will NOT be 99% affective.

Chinese banks disinfect banknotes to stop spread of coronavirus

Chinese banks disinfect banknotes to stop spread of coronavirus

"Banks use ultraviolet light or high temperatures to disinfect yuan bills,
then seal and store the cash for seven to 14 days - depending on the severity of the outbreak in a particular region - before recirculating them..."

Ultra violet, the quarantining for 14 days. Sounds like they don't know if they CAN kill this virus.

I do believe this virus "escaped" from the experimental lab in Wuhan and perhaps a "mishap" took place. Another possibility, experimenting with the virus, patients were infected with potential drug to "cure".

Germ warfare and creation of super "bugs" is no longer fiction and fantasy reserved for movies.

Seriously? Another one like the 'bat soup video?

Where's the 'slap my head' emoticon?

I really miss some of those old emoticons.

Anyway, the first fatality in Europe has occurred. An elderly man, Chinese tourist from Hubei. I was hoping to go to Paris for a little while this spring. A friend is attending a conference there, but I don't think so, especially if there are still so many tourists from the China and other Pac Rim countries. Maybe next year (sigh).

Exclusive: Chinese doctors say Wuhan coronavirus reinfection even deadlier
Instead of creating immunity the virus can reportedly reinfect an individual and hasten fatal heart attack
By Jules Quartly, Taiwan News, Contributing Writer
2020/02/14 15:02

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — It’s possible to get infected by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) a second time, according to doctors on the frontline in China’s city of Wuhan, leading to death from heart failure in some cases.

The claim is made by doctors working in the Hubei Province capital that is at the center of the epidemic, which has to date infected 64,201 people and killed 1,487. One of the doctors reached out to a relative living in the United Kingdom, who then informed Taiwan News.

Both the relative and doctors asked to remain anonymous, out of consideration they might face retribution from the Chinese authorities.

According to the message forwarded to Taiwan News, “It’s highly possible to get infected a second time. A few people recovered from the first time by their own immune system, but the meds they use are damaging their heart tissue, and when they get it the second time, the antibody doesn’t help but makes it worse, and they die a sudden death from heart failure.”

The source also said the virus has “outsmarted all of us,” as it can hide symptoms for up to 24 days. This assertion has been made independently elsewhere, with Chinese pulmonologist Zhong Nanshan (鍾南山) saying the average incubation period is three days, but it can take as little as one day and up to 24 days to develop symptoms.

Also, the source said that false negative tests for the virus are fairly common. “It can fool the test kit – there were cases that they found, the CT scan shows both lungs are fully infected but the test came back negative four times. The fifth test came back positive.”

According to the BBC and other media outlets, some laboratory tests are incorrectly telling people they are virus-free. There is also anecdotal evidence of people having up to six negative results before being diagnosed correctly.

Dr. Li Wenliang first raised concerns about this. His own test results had come back negative multiple times before he was finally diagnosed.

False negative tests raise question marks over how many people have the Wuhan coronavirus, with many believing the Chinese authorities have massively underreported the number of cases and deaths. Meanwhile, the official methodology for diagnosing the virus in China was changed this week, leading to a sudden leap in the number of recorded cases and deaths.

I’m going on a plane and staying in a hotel over next several days. I’m taking: N95 mask, Clorox wipes, travel size Lysol spray, and pocket Purell bottle.

Planning on using wipes on plane surfaces and spraying hotel room surfaces. Plan to use Purell as much as I can. Was only planning on using mask in case of sudden new cases in area I’m headed.

I plan to decline help with luggage from taxi/Uber drivers, decline food or beverages on flight, and not eat in airports. I plan to stay as far away from others in airport as well (yeah, that will be a piece of cake :confused:).

Any other advice? (Heaven help us that right now I trust WS more than the CDC for medical advice :eek:)
Gloves. Maybe a scarf.

This is very bad news imo.

Instead of creating immunity the virus can reportedly reinfect an individual and hasten fatal heart attack

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — It’s possible to get infected by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) a second time, according to doctors on the frontline in China’s city of Wuhan, leading to death from heart failure in some cases.

The claim is made by doctors working in the Hubei Province capital that is at the center of the epidemic, which has to date infected 64,201 people and killed 1,487. One of the doctors reached out to a relative living in the United Kingdom, who then informed Taiwan News.

Both the relative and doctors asked to remain anonymous, out of consideration they might face retribution from the Chinese authorities.

According to the message forwarded to Taiwan News, “It’s highly possible to get infected a second time. A few people recovered from the first time by their own immune system, but the meds they use are damaging their heart tissue, and when they get it the second time, the antibody doesn’t help but makes it worse, and they die a sudden death from heart failure.”

The source also said the virus has “outsmarted all of us,” as it can hide symptoms for up to 24 days. This assertion has been made independently elsewhere, with Chinese pulmonologist Zhong Nanshan (鍾南山) saying the average incubation period is three days, but it can take as little as one day and up to 24 days to develop symptoms.

Also, the source said that false negative tests for the virus are fairly common. “It can fool the test kit – there were cases that they found, the CT scan shows both lungs are fully infected but the test came back negative four times. The fifth test came back positive.”

According to the BBC and other media outlets, some laboratory tests are incorrectly telling people they are virus-free. There is also anecdotal evidence of people having up to six negative results before being diagnosed correctly.

Dr. Li Wenliang first raised concerns about this. His own test results had come back negative multiple times before he was finally diagnosed.

False negative tests raise question marks over how many people have the Wuhan coronavirus, with many believing the Chinese authorities have massively underreported the number of cases and deaths. Meanwhile, the official methodology for diagnosing the virus in China was changed this week, leading to a sudden leap in the number of recorded cases and deaths.

The US Government IMO isn't doing enough to educate the public on the virus. Most people are ignoring the fact that it's coming to the US in a big way. The president saying heat will kill it certainly hasn't helped. The CDC saying wash is not really informing the public about what to expect. Seems those concerned are at city and county levels, and even those do not have coordinated views. Could it be there is more interest in keeping financial organizations stable? This should be the #1 story splashed across the news. It kills. And, it kills all ages.
This is what I said pages ago, that I was concerned that they would put money/the economy over safety here in the US. And I have every reason to believe they will.

Is there any way to verify the accuracy of this?

DAMMIT FTLOG get those folks off that ship! More cases!

70 new cases in Japan. They were found on the “Diamond Princess” cruise ship off Yokohama, raising the ship’s total to 355.

70 new cruise ships New virus infection confirmed to a total of 355

February 16, 2020 10:27

Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare Kato confirmed 70 new cases of infection on the "Diamond Princess" cruise ship, which was confirmed to be infected with the new coronavirus, and crews and passengers have confirmed infection so far. It was revealed that a total of 355 people had been sent.

Google translated from クルーズ船 新たに70人 新型ウイルス感染確認 計355人に | NHKニュース

I dread that anyone, but gosh if it's the Abel's that have been doing youtube videos. This shows that the 14 days is wrong, or massive transmission on board so that anyone coming off tomorrow/Sunday without more quarantine is doubtful. Perhaps the reason that those coming back to States will have 14 more days? I don't think that there is any way in heck that anyone/ everyone will be released on Sunday now if they are still negative unless perhaps by airplane by their county. MOO

ETA I wonder what the guy who did not want to get off the ship and come back to US is thinking now... SMDH Quarantined cruise ship passenger speaks out against US coronavirus evacuation plan

Also, the Abel's were using a ships humidifier. I wonder if that is something that might be used by one passenger, then passing along the aerosolized virus in those humidifiers? MOO the last thing you want to put in a room is something that has microscopic air droplets to pass around and carry a virus particle from two people in a room or reusing from a sick person prior. They were both coughing this am.

ETA Abels video says they have to do another two weeks on the ship!

Last edited:
Is there any way to verify the accuracy of this?

I think taken separately, we have read all of those claims earlier on the threads, and appears accurate that

you can get reinfected has been theorized
folks with heart disease are high risk for MERS/SARS/COVID-19 coronaviruses, https://www.acc.org/~/media/665AFA1E710B4B3293138D14BE8D1213.pdf is a good short, quick read..and if secondary infection could be very disastrous
that the test kits are invalid and miss some cases
that folks have been positive/negative/positive for same person - some theorize test not taken right and/or test not good or ?

Last edited:
So, there is a 14 days quarantine. What if a person gets infected on day 10? Shouldn't the quarantine start 14 days again from the date of the 10 day infection? Those getting off the ship and onto a plane could infect without knowing it. My understanding is the original 14 days have not yet expired. I would not wish to be on that evacuation plane.

Where are the 355 that have the virus going to be held and for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc