Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Emergency #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you give a link to follow the Ables? Tia.

The 355 positive/sick are being held in local hospitals in Japan.

As to which groups had to restart the 14 days...Who knows how they are gonna handle it now as I bet it's all getting revisited. The US plane is on its way.

U.S. State Department will evacuate Americans from the quarantined cruise ship tomorrow morning

Americans on board the quarantined Diamond Princess cruise ship will have to undergo another 14-day quarantine in America before returning home.

The United States State Department will evacuate Americans on Sunday, February 16, at 10 p.m. Tokyo time (6 a.m. local time), flying them to Travis Air Force Base in California.

According to the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo, passengers will be screened for symptoms of coronavirus, now referred to as CODVID-19, before boarding a U.S. Chartered flight. Passengers will then either stay at Travis Air Force Base or be transferred to Lackland Air Force Base for a 14-day quarantine.

Passengers who elect to not board a U.S. Charter flight are unable to return to the United States for a period of time, determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

ETA Abels video says they have to do another two weeks on the ship!

Can you give a link to follow the Ables? Tia.

It's a personal FB page and not sure if TOS allows link but here is what the page looks like that shows pic and how many followers.
David.JPG

His son in England is right now uploading his FB posts to Youtube. The name to search for that is David Abel Celebrant Training. (There are two fake Youtubes with his name and picture that he is trying to get taken down as he's unhappy that someone is stealing his FB posts and uploading to there and monetizing the views I just learned that this evening)

Last edited:
Coronaviruses: Symptoms, treatments, and variants

"Among humans, infection most often occurs during the winter months
as well as early Spring. It is not uncommon for a person to become ill
with a cold that is caused by a coronvirus and then catch it again about four months later.

This is because coronvirus antibodies do no last for a very long time."

Re: predictive model, as of Feb 15 2020
COVID19 Outbreak tracking and forecast

27/02/20 .... 81 338 ..... infected forecast
18/03/20 .... 5 682 ..... lethality forecast

Hi JaneEyre.
I emphatically disagree with you about this.
The USA will not endanger their citizens over money.
I don't know why you think that you have every reason, to believe this theory.
I am interested in why you've come to this conclusion?
I absolutely. Think the opposite.
I think that the USA will take all precautionary measures to ensure that this virus will not invade this country.

This is what I said pages ago, that I was concerned that they would put money/the economy over safety here in the US. And I have every reason to believe they will.

A further 70 people on the Diamond Princess cruise ship quarantined in Japan have tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total to 355, as three countries say they will fly their citizens on the ship home. It comes as China’s National Health Commission announced the death toll inside the country had risen to 1,665, with 68,500 infections.

Coronavirus: 70 more cases on Japan cruise ship as China infections pass 68,000

What do you think may be causing the increase of cases on the Diamond Princess is it the ventilation or possibly the plumbing?

It is disgraceful the U.K is not evacuating people onboard like the U.S is.

A further 70 people on the Diamond Princess cruise ship quarantined in Japan have tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total to 355, as three countries say they will fly their citizens on the ship home. It comes as China’s National Health Commission announced the death toll inside the country had risen to 1,665, with 68,500 infections.

What do you think may be causing the increase of cases on the Diamond Princess is it the ventilation or possibly the plumbing?

I personally suspect it’s both the ventilation, and the fact that the crew is serving everyone. Dishes and utensils being given out for meals and then collected and washed and re-used.... just not enough precautions. They should have been using purely disposable products- crew should have had no contact with used dishes or anything that the passengers had been using.

And yes the ventilation. Those interior cabins only get recirculated air. If the virus is airborne, as many articles I’ve read claim, then it’s going to linger in the stale air being recirculated. JMO.

The passengers who were not sick at the time should have been removed from the ship and quarantined elsewhere LONG ago. JMO.

I am glad, that for once, the United States is taking care of citizens.

The "party popper" who is in his luxury suite, with full balcony is upset, he wants to stay on the ship, and be free to go when the ship quarantine is over. Fine, let him stay.

Sorry the U.K. isn't taking care of their folks.

First Australian evacuees set to leave Christmas Island after no reported cases of coronavirus | Coronavirus outbreak | The Guardian

Australian company AusDiagnostics, which is providing the testing equipment and kits for the medical teams inside the Christmas Island detention centre.... managing director Prof Keith Stanley:
“Yes we need to have precautions such as quarantining, but most people who have this infection would only experience symptoms something like a common cold.”

Is this even true? What facts is he basing this statement on?

Passengers arriving into Sydney on some cruise ships will be assessed by health experts for coronavirus to prevent the spread of the disease.
NSW Health on Sunday said a risk assessment will be completed before each ship's arrival into the harbour city and then a decision will be made on whether to disembark passengers from the ship.
The health authority insists it is a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
All cruise ship passengers docking in Sydney to be screened for coronavirus

Lifestyle options.....

“A family evacuated from coronavirus-plagued Wuhan has chartered a private jet to fly home in from Christmas Island after their two-week quarantine at the repurposed detention centre.

The Sydney family, who was rescued from central China on a Qantas flight on February 3, are due to leave what has been their temporary home within the island’s monsoonal rainforest on Monday morning.

Kaitang Wang and wife Bei Chu are expected to fly out with their two daughters earlier than the three government funded and arranged flights to various capital cities, according to The Australian.

Their 10-seater JetCity chartered Gulfstream IV will be a welcome change from the former immigration detention facilities the family has been subject to for the past week and a half, with wood panelling, cream leather seats and plenty of legroom.”
https://thewest.com.au/news/disaste...ivate-jet-off-christmas-island-ng-b881463174z

Is there any way to verify the accuracy of this?

It comes across a bit like a plea to doctors outside China to study these possibilities.

There has been some thought that the 24-day incubation period could be a faulty premise and that it was actually a double-infection...exposure on day 1, that doesn't lead to symptoms, and then exposure again around day 12 which wasn't identified, and that exposure causes symptoms to occur by day 24.

It's also been said that these things usually have a longer 'tail'. You have a hard cut-off point on the left hand size (the side of the graph where zero is) but on the other side there's no hard line, so it tails off slower and you don't have a perfect 'upside down U' shape to the curve.

The part about reinfection would need to be studied. So much about the effects of this virus is yet to be studied as it's so new, and the place where they've had the most infections they've had to focus more on supportive care and trying various antivirals than doing and analysing scientific studies.

Even the suspicion that asymptomatic patients can pass on the virus isn't known for sure as the single person that paper was based on was actually symptomatic when they passed on the virus. Have there been more cases reported where this has definitively occurred?

I'd imagine that this 'report' could lead to doctors outside China wanting to do heart tests (blood or scans) on patients who have recovered to see if there's any weaknesses developed in some. With awareness that it might happen, then hopefully they can get on top of it.

I'd say that in a way that's what the flood of non-peer reviewed papers on ARXIV is about at the moment. Lots of heads-ups to other groups for things to examine, research, and study further, because in some ways this is SARS-2, but in many ways it's its own disease with its own effects and risk factors that have yet to be fully understood.

DAMMIT FTLOG get those folks off that ship! More cases!

70 new cases in Japan. They were found on the “Diamond Princess” cruise ship off Yokohama, raising the ship’s total to 355.

70 new cruise ships New virus infection confirmed to a total of 355

February 16, 2020 10:27

Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare Kato confirmed 70 new cases of infection on the "Diamond Princess" cruise ship, which was confirmed to be infected with the new coronavirus, and crews and passengers have confirmed infection so far. It was revealed that a total of 355 people had been sent.

Google translated from クルーズ船 新たに70人 新型ウイルス感染確認 計355人に | NHKニュース

I dread that anyone, but gosh if it's the Abel's that have been doing youtube videos. This shows that the 14 days is wrong, or massive transmission on board so that anyone coming off tomorrow/Sunday without more quarantine is doubtful. Perhaps the reason that those coming back to States will have 14 more days? I don't think that there is any way in heck that anyone/ everyone will be released on Sunday now if they are still negative unless perhaps by airplane by their county. MOO

ETA I wonder what the guy who did not want to get off the ship and come back to US is thinking now... SMDH Quarantined cruise ship passenger speaks out against US coronavirus evacuation plan

Also, the Abel's were using a ships humidifier. I wonder if that is something that might be used by one passenger, then passing along the aerosolized virus in those humidifiers? MOO the last thing you want to put in a room is something that has microscopic air droplets to pass around and carry a virus particle from two people in a room or reusing from a sick person prior. They were both coughing this am.

ETA Abels video says they have to do another two weeks on the ship!

This ship situation has gone from bad to worse :(

So far, though, the evacuations from Wuhan have been done on the basis that only non-symptomatic people were allowed on the planes.

With the people on the ship, so few have even been tested, the Abels have both been coughing, Wendy was in a room with her confirmed infected husband....And these are just the people who we know about. What would be the safest way to get all these people transported off the ship when you almost have to assume that some of them are going to be infected?

I think it would be great to get them off the ship and back to their home countries, out of the confines of those cabins, and take some pressure off of the Japanese authorities and medics.

I'm just wondering how that might be achieved in the safest possible way?

An awful thing to say, but if it does decrease in virility as it goes through transmission cycles, the shut down of Wuhan/China is indeed a tragic thanks from the rest of the world. Dunno yet. Could it be that it becomes less and less virulent as it goes through each transmission.

Above, we listed the characteristics of a "bad virus" and this one fit the bill so far.

I saw something horrifying in a “1918 Spanish Flu”’documentary on YT the other night. A much worse strain mutated/emerged after the first and second “waves”, iirc. The symptoms were so horrific I had to turn it off.

—-

BBM:
I went to Walmart tonight. Packed. Lots of people sneezing and coughing.

Rsbm

People walking around there with their newborns and infants. Small children. No one really seemed to care about any kind of germs.

This is exactly my assessment at the stores as well, no one really seems to care about any kind of germs.

I stood by the door at the grocery store wiping my cart handle and observing. Many people passed me without wiping their cart handles.

—-

BBM:
This ship situation has gone from bad to worse :(

So far, though, the evacuations from Wuhan have been done on the basis that only non-symptomatic people were allowed on the planes.

With the people on the ship, so few have even been tested, the Abels have both been coughing, Wendy was in a room with her confirmed infected husband....And these are just the people who we know about. What would be the safest way to get all these people transported off the ship when you almost have to assume that some of them are going to be infected?

I think it would be great to get them off the ship and back to their home countries, out of the confines of those cabins, and take some pressure off of the Japanese authorities and medics.

I'm just wondering how that might be achieved in the safest possible way?

Oh oh...looking for latest stream from the Abels, will post if I see them.

Last edited:
I’m behind in here and hoping to catch up soon / here are a few video links:

Video from Channel 4 News / 1 Day Ago:
Coronavirus: Is Britain Ready? | Documentary

—-

Video of the Abels from 3 days ago in case anyone missed it:

Couple Are Scared of Being Separated on Coronavirus Infected Cruise Ship | Good Morning Britain

—-

Global News Canadian Update from 1 Day Ago /
#GlobalNews #Coronavirus #COVID19
Coronavirus outbreak: COVID-19 rumours, hoaxes spread on social media

—-

Video/ Effect on Chinatown in Chicago /CGTN America / 1 Day Ago:
Few COVID-19 cases impact the Chinese businesses in the U.S.

—-

Video / CGTN America / 1 Day Ago:
Life inside Wuhan's temporary hospital

—-

Video / Bloomberg Markets and Finance / 1 Day Ago:
How it Feels to Catch the Coronavirus

Last edited:
RSBM Oh oh...looking for latest stream from the Abels, will post if I see them.

They announced this morning that they are moving off the FB platform and will/did start THEIR YouTube channel.... which can be found by googling David Abel Celebrant Training on youtube. (His son in UK has been working fast and furious to move all their videos to that platform in the last 2 days)

They did one 51 minutes ago, about 6:15 am eastern, and will be right back soon as they were going to be interviewed on Good Morning Britain. I'll alert this post to ask moderator to see if we can post their Youtubes here due to it's focused on only their experiences in quarantine, but is not MSM.

They announced this morning that they are moving off the FB platform and will/did start THEIR YouTube channel.... which can be found by googling David Abel Celebrant Training on youtube. (His son in UK has been working fast and furious to move all their videos to that platform in the last 2 days)

They did one 51 minutes ago, about 6:15 am eastern, and will be right back soon as they were going to be interviewed on Good Morning Britain. I'll alert this post to ask moderator to see if we can post their Youtubes here due to it's focused on only their experiences in quarantine, but is not MSM.

Hi, thanks, yeah I saw that new channel, (that’s why I only posted the Good Morning Britain video so far from 3 days ago)...I’m still catching up, was looking for some MSM video links, good to know the Abels are giving an update today on GMB.

ETA:@dixiegirl1035 Help I’m stuck in YouTube Land and can’t get out

—-

Fears mount over new coronavirus case in Westerdam cruise ship thought to be infection free
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...6e9a74-4f6d-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html
Feb. 16, 2020 at 4:12 a.m.

—-

Death toll from novel coronavirus rises

“Almost 1,700 people have now died from the novel coronavirus as the number of people diagnosed with the respiratory illness rose to 68,500, officals at China’s National Health Commission reported Sunday.”

[...]

“However, they said that more than 9,400 patients had also been cured and discharged.

Health commission spokesman Mi Feng told a news conference on Sunday that China's campaign again the virus was beginning to show results.

"The effect of the coronavirus controls is appearing," he said.”

[...]

U.S. to evacuate Americans from quarantined cruise ship in Japan

American passengers quarantined aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan are to be evacuated on Sunday, according to a letter sent to them by the U.S. embassy in Tokyo.

The embassy also reiterated that the U.S. government recommends that the 400 or so American citizens disembark from the cruise ship and return to the U.S.

It said the U.S. government had chartered flights that will depart Yokohama, where the ship is docked, to the United States on Sunday.

“These charter flights are the only opportunity for eligible passengers to fly to the United States until March 4, 2020, at the earliest,” the letter added. “This date is 14 days after the remaining passengers are expected to depart the ship on Feb. 19.”

Japanese officials said the quarantine aboard the ship is supposed to end on Feb. 19.

The embassy added that no symptomatic or infected passengers will be allowed to board the chartered flights.

Upon return to the U.S., those who choose to take the chartered flights will be quarantined at Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield, California or Lackland Air Force Base near San Antonio, Texas for 14 days.

Those who choose to stay behind on the ship would face “potential constraints that would impact return to the United States in the next two weeks,” the embassy added.“

—-

Coronavirus Live Updates: After Hundreds Leave Cruise Ship, American Passenger Tests Positive

• After hundreds disembarked from a cruise ship, an American tested positive for coronavirus.
  • The rate of new cases appears to slow, even as the death toll continues to rise.
  • More cases are reported on the cruise ship docked in Japan, as Americans’ departure nears.
  • Xi began fighting the virus earlier than previously known, a newly published speech indicates.
—-

“Under fire for its initial response to the coronavirus epidemic, China’s authoritarian government appears to be pushing a new account of events that presents President Xi Jinping as taking early action to fight the outbreak that has convulsed the country.

But in doing so, the authorities have acknowledged for the first time that Mr. Xi was aware of the epidemic nearly two weeks before he first spoke publicly about it — and while officials at its epicenter, in the city of Wuhan, were still playing down its dangers.

That new account risks drawing the president, China’s most powerful leader in decades, directly into questions about whether top officials did too little, too late.

In the newly released internal speech that Mr. Xi delivered on Feb. 3, when the epidemic had already spiraled into a national crisis, the Chinese president said he had “issued demands about the efforts to prevent and control” the coronavirus on Jan. 7, during a meeting of the Politburo Standing Committee, the highest council of the Communist Party, whose sessions are typically very secretive.

In the speech, he also said he had authorized the unprecedented lockdown of Wuhan and other cities beginning on Jan. 23.

“I have at every moment monitored the spread of the epidemic and progress in efforts to curtail it, constantly issuing oral orders and also instructions,” Mr. Xi said of his more recent involvement.

Mr. Xi’s advisers may have hoped that publishing the speech would dispel speculation about his recent retreat from public view and reassure his people that he can be trusted to lead them out of the epidemic.

But the speech could expose Mr. Xi to criticism that he didn’t treat the initial threat urgently enough, and make it difficult for him to shift blame onto local officials.”

—-

Article from Feb. 14, 2020:

China’s Doctors, Fighting the Coronavirus, Beg for Masks

““Of course I’m nervous about getting infected,” said Cai Yi, head of the division of pain management at Wuhan Central Hospital, the same hospital where Dr. Li had worked. “But if we let ourselves be nervous, then what would happen to the people?”

China’s president and Communist Party leader, Xi Jinping, has praised hospital workers in Hubei as heroes, and mobilized the country in a “people’s war” against the coronavirus. But hospital workers in Wuhan said they often felt frustrated and alone.

Some have scrambled to buy protective gear with their own money, begged from friends, or relied on donations from other parts of China and abroad. Others have avoided eating and drinking for long stretches because going to the toilet meant discarding safety gowns that they would not be able to replace. Younger staff are assigned to the more critical cases, with the expectation that if they get sick they would be more likely to recover.”

—-

NPR / Feb. 14, 2020:

How COVID-19 Kills: The New Coronavirus Disease Can Take A Deadly Turn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors