Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Emergency #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While the exact source of the infections remains unclear, health officials have pointed to a 61-year-old female member of the sect who tested positive on 18 February. Local authorities are now scrambling to trace all 9,336 members of the church’s Daegu branch as well as visitors from out of town who may have come into contact with the woman.

A taxi driver, Kwang-ho Lee, wondered why the woman hadn’t done more to stop spreading the disease.

It’s ruining everyone here,” he said. “I’m making less than 10% of my normal income. The other drivers and I are just standing around, waiting all day. Sometimes we’re even too scared to talk to each other because we don’t know who has the virus and who might belong to that cult.”

'It's ruining everyone': eerie quiet reigns in coronavirus-hit South Korean city

I wonder how so many people are going to survive financially this virus could bankrupt them.

From the above link:

“The woman in her 60s returned home to the Tochigi prefecture north of Tokyo by train on Wednesday, but she had a fever on Friday and tested positive on Saturday, a local official said.”
Totally predictable, and there are likely going to be more people testing positive. Lets face it, it wasn't a quarantine, it was an incubation. Common sense tells you, 14 days should start all over once somebody else tests positive, and they had positive tests coming back all the time.

Not saying that.....just that they didn't know the number. There were several states in the article that wouldn't provide numbers.

Sounds like they don't know or don't wish to say. Not good, either way, if their public health infrastructure has been eroded and they don't have enough people and resources to do the job. Looks like the governor and legislature have been battling, with the latter making big budget cuts

What Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's budget cuts and shifts mean to Michigan residents

Obsession with austerity can be dangerous for the public.

I've been quietly prepping. I have always had a good pantry, and am upping my stock of dry beans, rice, canned veg, etc.

One thing peeps may find helpful ~ there are bleach pills. Evolve is the brand name I have. Easy to store, last forever, and you can control the % of the bleach solution.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bleach+tablets&crid=4K09VMULGEV3&sprefix=bleach,aps,307&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_6
What do you do with them? You can't take them orally. If you use them in washing machine, you can only use them on white items.

One future issue I see as a scary problem for the US (and other countries of course) is the potential ability for patients currently in the hospital for other reasons being cross-infected. So far I’ve seen numerous reports of this occurring - I’m just waking up so need to get my links together, but I saw one last night where it was another 50 patients infected in the hospital “who were there for other reasons”. Moo.

I saw a video, I believe it was from the UK, where a doctor/Covid-19 response medical worker was saying do NOT come to the hospital or GP, “we will come to you”.

Last edited:
My gosh, it really took off fast in Italy - from zero to 77 cases and 3 deaths. How did that happen?

Cruise ship passengers? Just a thought. In the video I posted last night (“When Cruises Go Wrong”), there’s a large section on the millions of cruise ship passengers that arrive in Venice, and the staunch movement against this by locals for many reasons (cruise ship pollution, etc.). Just a thought, I haven’t noticed the distance from the affected areas to Venice.

ETA / interesting video, imo:

Well, well...re: Princess Cruise Lines, it seems the videos we’ve seen upstream isn’t Jan Schwartz’ first time responding to an “issue” via video...I forgot all about Princess’ “Dirty Little Secret”...(starts around the 37:00ish mark)

(FTR David Abel and Family said Princess and Jan S. have been amazing through all of this).

The below was an interesting video for many reasons. One highlight includes showing the response methods in place in the event of a Norovirus outbreak - transmission is discussed (“all it takes is one person”), as well as the quarantine and hazmat clean up procedures.

Channel 4 UK Documentary / Top Files - When cruises go wrong - the whole truth

What do you do with them? You can't take them orally. If you use them in washing machine, you can only use them on white items.

Oh, no, they are not meant to be ingested.

You dissolve them in water, and then you can clean any surface you wish. We used them for removing mildew from concrete as you can make a stronger solution than is typically available.

Cruise ship passengers? Just a thought. In the video I posted last night (“When Cruises Go Wrong”), there’s a large section on the millions of cruise ship passengers that arrive in Venice, and the staunch movement against this by locals for many reasons (cruise ship pollution, etc.). Just a thought, I haven’t noticed the distance from the affected areas to Venice.

ETA / video for reference / in progress

The hot spots are near Milan & Venice.

They're closing the Venice Carnival for now.

Venice Carnival closes amid coronavirus outbreak
_111003610_italy_quaratine_cornavirus_v2_640-nc.png

My gosh, it really took off fast in Italy - from zero to 77 cases and 3 deaths. How did that happen?

Because, the general public is not getting the same information about this situation that other people (government officials) have.

Who has ever seen borders shut down that fast? Plane travel to countries literally stopped dead?

We don't know what is going on in North Korea. And I suspect that the mortality rates from China are much higher than reported.

Border agents are now supposed to assess people for obscure medical conditions? And if they have a fever, does the border agent also stop working that day for 14 day quarantine? And everyone that person had contact with in the last 12 hours or so? Or? The math on this gets quantified very quickly here.

I used to work with people who had macular degeneration, and they were legally blind, not supposed to drive at all. 80% of the patients were compliant. The other 20% were in denial, or justified their driving with various reasons.

Imagine that the people who are "self quarantined" have the same rate of non compliance.

One future issue I see as a scary problem for the US specifically is the potential ability for patients currently in the hospital for other reasons being cross-infected. So far I’ve seen numerous reports of this occurring - I’m just waking up so need to get my links together, but I saw one last night where it was another 50 patients infected in the hospital “who were there for other reasons”. Moo.

I saw a video, I believe it was from the UK, where a doctor/Covid-19 response medical worker was saying do NOT come to the hospital or GP, “we will come to you”.
I also see where going to the hospital or GP can potentially infect the staff. I wonder if the assessment pods in car parks at hospitals in UK was ever implemented?

NHS install cabins in car parks to keep 'coronavirus victims' away from A&E

Hmmm...

$10 says....

ETA: seriously, watch the video above. That will give you a visual on the influx. See all the protestors!!

I read some articles last summer about the problems in Venice with those big ships. Back then, they said it was a sanitation nightmare. Those gigantic cruise ships and the cruise lines themselves are very problematic and seem to do their own thing, outside of the law.

I read some articles last summer about the problems in Venice with those big ships. Back then, they said it was a sanitation nightmare. Those gigantic cruise ships and the cruise lines themselves are very problematic and seem to do their own thing, outside of the law.

Let’s sleuth the cruise ship itineraries coming into Venice in recent days / weeks.

ETA: Iirc, UK South Hampton is a major port...of course there are many.

I’m very curious now other about Cruise ships arriving in the US, Florida, Texas, Cali, etc etc.

Last edited:
Twitter

"Pants work just fine to cut off novel coronavirus transmission in farts, a Beijing district disease control center announced on Sunday."

Ha!! Never trust a fart!!

There’s a saying:

Q: How do you know when you’re getting older?

A: When you never pass up an opportunity to use the restroom and when you can no longer trust a fart.

(Something along those lines :D)

—-

I’d be willing to challenge that pants protect against APVLA (“Aerosol Plumes of Virus-Laden Diarrhea”)

Not buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member