Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More details on first two Austria cases

Austria reported its first two cases of coronavirus on Tuesday and sealed off a hotel in the Alpine tourist hub of Innsbruck where one of the infected people works, in an effort to contain the outbreak.

The infected people are an Italian couple, both aged 24, who last week visited their home town of Bergamo in Lombardy, northern Italy, before returning to Innsbruck.

UK schools closed over coronavirus infection fears as death toll rises to eleven in Italy

Hopefully they have a good chance of survival being younger.

Hi, also if Amazon delivers to you, I would check them out. Check lists for hurricane or earthquake preparedness to see which items you should try to have on hand. Sincerely, Kali

My husband just told me at the store they were out of fresh veggies and almost all flour was gone. Tomorrow I plan on getting more items. I'm afraid they won't be able to stock the shelves quick enough. This was near Duino.

U.S. CDC: "We're asking folks in every sector, as well as people within their families, to start planning for this, because as we've seen from the recent countries that have had community spread, when it hit in those countries, it has moved quite rapidly"

U.S. CDC: "We can have community spread in the United States and have it be reasonably mild, we can have community spread in the U.S. and have it be very severe. So that's what we don't completely know yet."

BNO Newsroom on Twitter

“We really want to prepare the American public for the possibility that their lives will be disrupted because of this pandemic,” Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters.

Messonnier said that Americans should talk to their children’s schools about contingency education and childcare plans and tele-working options at work if community spread is reported in the U.S. When asked by a reporter on a conference call if her tone had changed compared to previous calls, Messonnier said: “The data over the last week and the spread in other countries has certainly raised our level of concern and raised our level of expectation that we are going to have community spread here ... That’s why we are asking folks in every sector as well as within their families to start planning for this.”

Coronavirus update: 80,238 cases, 2,700 deaths, CDC warns Americans to prepare for disruption

She said the P word!

Kuwait’s civil aviation authority has suspended all flights with Singapore and Japan over coronavirus fears.

Kuwait had suspended flights with South Korea, Iran, Thailand, Italy and Iraq over similar concerns. It has registered nine cases of coronavirus – all coming from Iran.

Coronavirus: Europe on alert as four more deaths reported in Italy – updates

By the time that deaths are reported, the virus has been circulating for 2-3 weeks. That means thousands are infected. I wonder if people aren't tested until there is a death, where the death is the first sign that the virus is in the region.

“We really want to prepare the American public for the possibility that their lives will be disrupted because of this pandemic,” Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters.

Messonnier said that Americans should talk to their children’s schools about contingency education and childcare plans and tele-working options at work if community spread is reported in the U.S. When asked by a reporter on a conference call if her tone had changed compared to previous calls, Messonnier said: “The data over the last week and the spread in other countries has certainly raised our level of concern and raised our level of expectation that we are going to have community spread here ... That’s why we are asking folks in every sector as well as within their families to start planning for this.”

Coronavirus update: 80,238 cases, 2,700 deaths, CDC warns Americans to prepare for disruption

She said the P word!

Re BBM.

Yes she sure did. And she's a doctor and works for the CDC.

She said the P word!

Some post-secondary institutions are preparing to use Zoom video conferencing software to deliver virtual classes in the event that institutions are closed. The basic software is free and easy to use.

If anyone is talking to schools about what will happen if they are closed, it is worth suggesting video-conferencing software. The lectures can be recorded and accessed by students at a time that works for them. In terms of learning management systems, Canvas software is also free. That's a good option for sharing documents.

I’ve been reading this thread off and on so I apologize if it’s been posted. Is there a list or article on how Americans can best prepare? Better safe than sorry. We’re a large family so I’d rather get things now than last minute since we will likely need bulk.

Algeria just now confirmed their 1st case! The whole world is heading for a total lockdown And the sooner it is done the better for us all. Because not only has 1 case been confirmed in Algeria, but he had only just arrived there after flying in. So potentially Aaall other passengers could be infected. Call me mad, but planes need to be grounded NOW. Let each country deal with all their known cases. Contain it properly, its spread like wildfire and this thing could see human life become extinct very soon X

Algeria just now confirmed their 1st case! The whole world is heading for a total lockdown And the sooner it is done the better for us all. Because not only has 1 case been confirmed in Algeria, but he had only just arrived there after flying in. So potentially Aaall other passengers could be infected. Call me mad, but planes need to be grounded NOW. Let each country deal with all their known cases. Contain it properly, its spread like wildfire and this thing could see human life become extinct very soon X

Yeah Algeria is very bad news.

And so is this US and flight attendant business potentially.

Any more info on that yet??

Trying not to read anything into the timing of this CDC release and strong language.

Was there a CDC release originally scheduled for today at this time? I know numbers were to be updated on the CDC website as referenced above on M, W, & F.

A lot is unfolding as we speak, as we know it has always been dynamic and rapidly evolving, but this seems escalatory-ish, moo.

Last edited:
Call me mad, but planes need to be grounded NOW. Let each country deal with all their known cases. Contain it properly, its spread like wildfire and this thing could see human life become extinct very soon X

< modsnip>

If you read the really good discussions on here about the statistics and relative risks, you can get information that helps explain how this is certainly not a world-wide extinction risk at all.

This is a very contagious disease, but it pales in terms of many other diseases out there.

Read through the more scholarly discussions and inform yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members