Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reed Lab on Twitter has indicated a greater than 30% CFR for those over 60.

Has anyone seen anything else to substantiate these numbers?

I can post a link to the twitter thread but I know twitter is largely considered a suspect “news source,” although I feel I’ve learned a lot by being selective about who I follow.

To me, that looks like an ok link for you to be able to post on here, but to be sure, perhaps just check with JerseyGirl - otherwise, posters can go to twitter and read the info by searching the name

Naval Base Ventura County in Oxnard, California might be tasked with receiving coronavirus evacuees.

"Secretary of Defense Mark T. Esper has tasked Naval Base Ventura County with supporting the potential repatriation of American citizens subject to federal quarantine due to the coronavirus. A Community Info Session is scheduled Monday, Feb. 24, 6:30 p.m. at the Pt. Mugu Theater."

Coronavirus news and live updates: Cases surge in Italy, Iran, South Korea - CNN

Iran disputes report 50 people have already died from coronavirus outbreak
Iran disputes report 50 people have already died from coronavirus outbreak
image.jpg

Last Updated Monday, February 24, 2020 8:00AM EST
''DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- A staggering 50 people have died in the Iranian city of Qom from the new coronavirus this month, a lawmaker was quoted as saying on Monday, even as the Health Ministry insisted only 12 deaths have been recorded nationwide.

The new death toll reported by the Qom representative, Ahmad Amirabadi Farahani, is significantly higher than the 47 total cases of infections state TV had reported just hours earlier. Iran's health ministry now says total infections have risen to 61, but a spokesman said deaths remained at 12.

Still, questions of transparency are being raised as the number of deaths compared to the number of confirmed infections from the virus is higher in Iran than in any other country, including China and South Korea, where the outbreak is far more widespread.''

There are concerns that clusters of the new coronavirus in Iran, as well as in Italy and South Korea, could signal a serious new stage in its global spread.

Farahani, the lawmaker, said the 50 deaths in Qom date as far back as Feb. 13. Iran first officially reported cases of the virus and its first deaths on Feb. 19.''

At least 219 in northern Italy test positive for COVID-19; five dead
February 24, 2020 10:09AM EST
image.jpg

Italian tax police officers set a road block in Casalpusterlengo, Northern Italy, Monday, Feb. 24, 2020

''CODOGNO, Italy -- Police manned checkpoints around quarantined towns in Italy's north on Monday and residents stocked up on food as the country became the focal point of the outbreak in Europe and fears of its cross-border spread.

Croatia, Hungary and Ireland advised against travel to the affected areas, and Italians travelling abroad were already feeling the effects of a crackdown: A bus from Milan was barricaded by police in the French city of Lyon for health checks and Alitalia passengers arriving in Mauritius were threatened with quarantine.

Civil protection officials said 219 people had tested positive for the virus in Italy and five people had died, including two elderly men in northern Lombardy. It was the highest number of cases outside Asia, and underscored the limits of Italy's prevention protocols, the most stringent in Europe''.

Was curious about the numbers in India with Trump's visit there today.

Snipped

How many under surveillance?
As on date, 21,805 passengers have been brought under community surveillance. In addition, 3,97,152 flight passengers and 9,695 travellers at sea ports have been screened

Read more at:
Coronavirus in India: What is happening and what you should know

No reference to numbers tested or those found positive anywhere.

Well done, thank you.

Back to Venice cruise schedule July-December 2020

Date Ship Cruise Line Arrive-Depart Guests Crew
5-Jan-2020 Costa Deliziosa Costa Cruises 08:00 - 17:00 3,570 1,000
1-Feb-2020 Spirit Of Discovery Saga Cruises 08:00-24:00 1,000 530
2-Feb-2020 Spirit Of Discovery Saga Cruises 00:00-18:00 1,000 530

—-
ETA:
Those itineraries/locations aren’t jumping out at me atm.

I wonder what other Cruise Ships...keep digging...

ETA2: Just had a thought...right now the incubation period could be occurring, in which we may or may (or may not) see a spike in 14ish days in the US/Canada (zzz sorry half asleep gnight)

I’ve been thinking (again) about the way this virus spreads. IMO, there still seems to be an anomaly.
I mentioned upthread that it almost seems to “percolate” before switching into high gear.
Somewhere way upthread, someone had posted a thought regarding the young doctors that have died from this virus in China while providing care to the infected. That poster wondered if the fact that they were around so much of the virus that it made it more lethal.

So here’s what I’m wondering about this morning....

What if this virus relies on “quantity & accumulation”
to progress?

So, the way we are used to viruses working is - we get infected with a virus (the flu for example), once infected, the virus multiplies and runs its course. Once it starts, it doesn’t matter if you isolate yourself or if you attend large social outings, or if your in a house full of other individuals that also have the flu - the course of the virus is already set in motion and will do its thing.

What if this one operates differently? Hopefully I can explain without creating confusion.

Hypothetically, let’s say one person acquires COVID-19. The virus enters the lungs and takes hold, but either the virus only replicates x number of times, or the replication process is very slow. So basically, the person will stay asymptomatic for quite sometime, and initial symptoms, when they do occur, will be mild.
However, the infected person is still contagious. That person then infects 3 more people in the household. Now there are 4 people shredding active virus into the air. IF the virus acts more like spores, then the virus would advance through accumulation- acting more like a toxin rather a normal virus.

IF the spread and virility of the virus is dependent upon accumulation, it would explain some of what we’ve seen thus far.
The virus would basically be spreading without being noticed until the air gets saturated to the point that there’s enough viral “spores” to advance the virus enough for individuals to start showing symptoms. Or a longer exposure time to less saturated air would ultimately lead to the same.
Extended time in a saturated environment would increase the spread of the virus within an individual, which could be the contributing factor to the deaths of these younger doctors in Wuhan.
It would also mean that by the time the virus is confirmed in someone that can’t be traced to an originating source, then that area is already heavily saturated with asymptomatic individuals in the general population. It would also mean the more condensed a population, the worse the outcome. (ie, the Diamond Princess)

Yep - sounds a bit on the crazy side (lol, no need to point that out!), but I’m throwing the idea out there since it appears this virus has a bad habit of breaking the rules of “viral behavior”

MOO & just some food for thought since this thread moves so slowly...:rolleyes: (closest emoji for sarcasm)

Spain currently has no plans to close its borders in response to the coronavirus outbreak, the country’s health minister has said. Salvador Illa said the authorities were focusing on reinforcing existing precautions throughout the health system and on raising awareness at ports and airports. Spain currently has two confirmed cases of the coronavirus: one on the Balearic island of Mallorca and another on the remote Canary island of La Gomera. Nine people have tested negative for the virus in recent hours and the authorities are waiting on test results from a further three.
Coronavirus: seventh person dies in Italy amid confusion over death toll in Iran – live updates

Serbia’s foreign ministry has advised Serbs against travelling to the parts of Italy hit by the virus.
Foreign Ministry advises Serbian citizens against travelling to Italy

From what we know.. usually takes folks 15-20 days to death... death rate is about 2.5% highest so far.. so that mean xxxx cases were in Iran 15 days ago in reality to get ?? deaths today. Too late to do math for me... perhaps someone else can take a stab or we can wait for MSM or ?

Gosh forbid the virus has mutated? But wouldn't it elsewhere? My guess is do the math, it's been hidden. I think Dr. C alluded to such in his youtube today from folks he had heard from. I'm looking forward to his youtube tomorrow for sure.

Question about mutation if anyone knows the answer... does a mutation (or multiple mutations) basically equate to a new and different virus? If so, then multiple vaccines would be required?

Hi friends.....I would also like to thank you for the great information on this
site. As a retired RN who is located in hurricane country, much of it seems
familiar. I have checklists for hurricane prep and how we stock up for
a serious hurricane in the Gulf. We used to prep for three days....until Katrina hit. Katrina sent the family out for six weeks.
I know this is different.....but I thought I would give you some ideas. My best lists come from KPLC - 7 Lake Charles.
Again....thank you.

Thanks! Here is the direct link to the hurricane preparedness list Lato mentions in the post

Hurricane Preparation Guide and Checklist

Representatives from the southern California city of Costa Mesa will be in court this afternoon to continue its fight against housing coronavirus patients in its city.

Late Friday, a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order blocking the possible use of the Fairview Developmental Center to quarantine patients who've tested positive for the coronavirus. In the complaint, the city says “Fairview is an inappropriate location for a quarantine, as there is no way to restrict access to or from the facility.”

A hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. local time Monday.

Coronavirus news and live updates: Cases surge in Italy, Iran, South Korea - CNN

Costa Mesa: Judge blocks transfer of coronavirus patients to the city - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member