Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much Agreed.
I bet if we could hear from the Chinese people,
They would wish that they had time, and information.

Knowing what they have experienced now, I am very certain that they would not care a Whit, about what others thought.
I know we're still in radio silence from the millions of Chinese citizens who were so quickly demanded to turn their lives upside down and survive.

When it comes to taking care of my family, I absolutely. Do not care about what "other" people think. Social media, Twitter, they are irrelevant.
Buying groceries because world renowned Scientists tell me to... THAT. I WILL pay attention to.
As, I have, and I hope you will too.

Exactly. I'm just buying what I'd already be buying a few weeks ahead of time in case we need to actually deal with the situations the WHO and the CDC are talking about. I'm also responsible for a lot of people besides myself. I have multiple children. And I have elderly parents on a fixed income.

I'm baffled why someone else would be bothered that total strangers are buying food for their families. Of all the things to be bothered by this is an odd one to me?!

This much I know. Nothing I bought will end up in the waste bin. I have too much pain not to use the Tylenol before it expires, I will not ever suddenly be allergy free, so the benedryl and Zyrtec will be used. Unfortunately, I can count on another cold before the mucinex expires. Soaps, cleaners, laundry detergent - we’re not suddenly going to live dirty when this is over. And TP? Well, no expiration date.

Much Agreed.
I bet if we could hear from the Chinese people,
They would wish that they had time, and information.

Knowing what they have experienced now, I am very certain that they would not care a Whit, about what others thought.
I know we're still in radio silence from the millions of Chinese citizens who were so quickly demanded to turn their lives upside down and survive.

When it comes to taking care of my family, I absolutely. Do not care about what "other" people think. Social media, Twitter, they are irrelevant.
Buying groceries because world renowned Scientists tell me to... THAT. I WILL pay attention to.
As, I have, and I hope you will too.

I was giggling to myself in the grocery during my P trip due to all the canned vegetables I purchased. Lucky for me that during my early years, I was pretty much raised on canned vegetables, and didn't eat fresh until an adult. With 8 kids in a family of 10 and both parents working low paying jobs, and a mother who really wasn't a cook at all and on a very tight food budget, fresh vegetables were a rarity.

Stonehill orders students studying in Italy to return home due to coronavirus

A Massachusetts college is ordering students studying and interning in Italy to leave the country

Delta Air Lines announced that it will waive change fees for flights to, from and through Bologna, Milan and Venice through March 2. The new flight must be on or before March 31.

So, I sort of have an issue with this. They should shelter in place. Hunker down. Because, coming here is just making it likely to spread the disease here.

Was just reading the WHO transcript from 2 days ago, and noted this was said during the opening by Dr. Tedros.

"This is a time for all countries, communities, families and individuals to focus on preparing. We do not live in a binary black and white world. It’s not either/or. We must focus on containment while doing everything we can to prepare for a potential pandemic.00:06:40

There is no one-size-fits-all approach. Every country must make its own risk assessment for its own context. WHO is also continuing to do its own risk assessment and is monitoring the evolution of the epidemic around the clock.

But there are at least three priorities: first, all countries must prioritise protecting health workers. Second, we must engage communities to protect people who are most at risk of severe disease, particularly the elderly and people with underlying health conditions. And third, we must protect countries that are the most vulnerable by doing our utmost to contain epidemics in countries with the capacity to do it. "

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...ference-24feb2020-final.pdf?sfvrsn=49bf8366_2

If you are able to get to a dollar store, they still have hand sanitizer for a dollar, 100 packs of disposable gloves for a dollar too. I noticed today that supplies are thinning out at my store here in So. California, but, they still had them.
You can also order online from Dollat Tree Stores.

I'm sure hope these companies will be suffer serious fines for price gouging.

OK - I know we’ve been focused on the way this virus has been spreading around the globe, and we’re all anxious to some degree about the latest CDC statements, but I’ve also been thinking about something that I just can’t wrap my head around....

For anyone that’s been following this thread, it’s very obvious that this virus spreads very rapidly. This virus is also very stealthy in its approach. We’ve watched the progression as it infected more and more people on the Diamond Princess, and we know that people from that ship are still being diagnosed with it.

So here’s what I don’t get... Hubei Provence has over 60 million people that have been quarantined. 60 million is A LOT OF PEOPLE!!! So, as aggressive (yet stealthy) as this virus is, HOW DID IT “PEAK” IN FEBRUARY??? They haven’t even hit 100,000 confirmed cases yet!! I know 100,000 is a lot of people, but it’s a VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE of a population of 60 million!!

This just doesn’t add up to me!! It’s rather obvious that the virus hasn’t gone dormant. We have new cases popping up everywhere!!! Did it just decide it was getting bored with that specific population?? Or am I missing something here?

If anyone can provide me with information that explains this - I would love to hear it! Because right now, you can color me confused!

OK - I know we’ve been focused on the way this virus has been spreading around the globe, and we’re all anxious to some degree about the latest CDC statements, but I’ve also been thinking about something that I just can’t wrap my head around....

For anyone that’s been following this thread, it’s very obvious that this virus spreads very rapidly. This virus is also very stealthy in its approach. We’ve watched the progression as it infected more and more people on the Diamond Princess, and we know that people from that ship are still being diagnosed with it.

So here’s what I don’t get... Hubei Provence has over 60 million people that have been quarantined. 60 million is A LOT OF PEOPLE!!! So, as aggressive (yet stealthy) as this virus is, HOW DID IT “PEAK” IN FEBRUARY??? They haven’t even hit 100,000 confirmed cases yet!! I know 100,000 is a lot of people, but it’s a VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE of a population of 60 million!!

This just doesn’t add up to me!! It’s rather obvious that the virus hasn’t gone dormant. We have new cases popping up everywhere!!! Did it just decide it was getting bored with that specific population?? Or am I missing something here?

If anyone can provide me with information that explains this - I would love to hear it! Because right now, you can color me confused!

There was a steady trajectory upwards at a pretty steady clip and then suddenly it stopped. At this point I think China is just lying. I don't trust the stats coming out. You are right. It doesn't make sense. As soon as China panicked and said people needed to consider going back to work because it was affecting the economy so badly the diagnoses slowed down. Meanwhile they are still hauling people off to quarantine camps whether they are really sick or not.

I think we're going to have to start watching the figures from other countries. But how competent are those countries at tracking any of this?

I'm glad you posted an update @keeponsearching . I've been thinking about you and glad things are going well. Is there any possibility you can increase your supplies. Do you have basic medications and any prescriptions you may need?

Thank you. I just read the list and plan on preparing more. My husband and I talked about what other foods to get. I plan to go out to the pharmacy and the market today. I don't have any needed prescriptions but we have to buy all medicine at the pharmacy anyways. I really look forward to this thread it is a great place to get info. For me to search it is Almost all in Italian and I can read some but it's mostly me copying and using my translator. I'll check in after I head out today.

masks on Amazon are ridiculously expensive or shipping is
Found this place, they are out of stock but their system permits backorders and the price is right.

https://www.alliedelec.com/

I just placed an order for a box of 80 of the n95 8210v masks -- let's see how long it takes or if they end up cancelling the order due to no supply...

Once again, the statistics don't support your comments.

It's certainly possible a lot of people will have mild disease ( like 80%), but it's best to understand FACTS.

Really, please check the CDC website.

(ignore button is my friend)
The FACT is there is NO treatment for this virus. It has gone global. Health officials, doctors are all coming down with it simply because it is a NEW strain of corona virus. Experts are only learning more about it as and when it happens. This is different to all the known facts we have on other Corona viruses. And it is deadly. Perhaps reality will hit home when 80 thousand citizens from your own country are affected by it. God forbid. And that number of people are ill in a country that has medical facilities and medicines available. Numbers are now rising in Iran and them civilians are not lucky enough to have such help on hand. God help them. So all the facts you have access to, aren't actually true to this newly mutated strain. The outbreak we are witnessing now will have to be written into the medical books because it is our first time in dealing with it. These are the real facts! X

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member