Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone found any info on when the US will get new testing kits? I can’t find anything that’s recent.

After this news of the latest California patient having been in bad shape for over a week before being tested, I’m increasingly concerned by the US testing policies and capabilities.

As someone who is living in the actual midst of multiple confirmed positive COVID19 cases, I’m really worried about the public’s lack of proactive measures and concern here in the San Francisco Bay Area.

No one will change their behavior until they see we have positive cases. I’m very worried that it will take weeks and weeks before a critical mass is tested here. I truly believe we have many untested positive cases here in my community, as I type.

MOO.

I’m sorry this is happening in your community, MJPeony. I really am. I’d be very unhappy to hear my community. It’s only a matter of time probably. :(

I’m sorry this is happening in your community. I really am. I’d be very unhappy to hear my community. It’s only a matter of time probably. :(
Thanks for the support Mags. It’s a bit nerve wracking for sure.

The only way I keep from going too nutter and alarmist all day is looking around and seeing that no one here cares at all.... ;):confused:

Well, except the man I saw on the sidewalk today with the biohazard mask telling me to keep away... God love him.

Just popping by to say thanks to all for being here. :) WS is my go-to place for news gathered from all over during any event.

We are making sure our emergency kits are updated and will be gradually stocking up on staples. Thanks to a couple of summers of wildfire smoke here in southern Oregon, we do have a small supply of N-95 masks. Without panicking, I think we have to prepare for the worst while we hope for the best. IMO it’s foolhardy to do nothing and hope the government will take care of us in any emergency. And of course, we want to be there for our more vulnerable friends and neighbors who are unable to prepare. We are in our 70’s but in good health, so here’s hoping our immune systems will be up to whatever challenge comes our way.

This is going to be a bumpy ride, folks. Hang in there.

Has anyone found any info on when the US will get new testing kits? I can’t find anything that’s recent.

After this news of the latest California patient having been in bad shape for over a week before being tested, I’m increasingly concerned by the US testing policies and capabilities.

As someone who is living in the actual midst of multiple confirmed positive COVID19 cases, I’m really worried about our local public’s lack of awareness (SF Bay area).

No one will change their behavior until they see we have positive cases. I’m very worried that it will take weeks and weeks before a critical mass is tested here. I truly believe we have many untested positive cases here in my community, as I type.

MOO.

(Edit for clarity)

Valid concerns, no doubt. I know what you mean.

I wish Dr. Nancy was here to comment on this.

I can only imagine that there is and will be a heightened response in the area due to the recent revelations. We know that CDC is monitoring the situation 24/7.

Not meaning to be political, but I don't feel safe after Trump's speech nor do I feel informed. What is the government doing? Specifically? How are they going about helping us?

Is this true?
Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar on Wednesday declined to promise that a coronavirus vaccine would be affordable for all Americans, sparking outrage from Democrats.

I stepped away from thread last night, I didn't see these have been posted. David did one yesterday, but apparently he has done 3 in the last 24 hours. These are the second and third he did.

#72 Lunchtime Thursday

#73 Thursday

Coronavirus Epidemic Update 26: Treatment Updates, Stock Markets, Germany & San Francisco, Pandemic?

Not meaning to be political, but I don't feel safe after Trump's speech nor do I feel informed. What is the government doing? Specifically? How are they going about helping us?

Is this true?
Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar on Wednesday declined to promise that a coronavirus vaccine would be affordable for all Americans, sparking outrage from Democrats.
What are they doing?
Waiting to see if it takes a foothold in a specific community; finding buildings to quarantine people;
keeping an eye on the local health depts who don't want to send samples to them to test, like in CA. And I seriously believe that is happening all over the country.
We are solely in reactive mode now since so many people with risk are in the country.

Maybe he said that because he knows the drug companies will try to capitalize on it.....

Whatttt?? There is no backlog at the CDC....

"Test results could come back in five to seven days, but the school asked to expedite those results."

When I read the school system announced they were going to have a test, as the CDC may NOT accept it for testing. Then they'll be in a situation where they told everyone, but no test result.

When I read the school system announced they were going to have a test, as the CDC may NOT accept it for testing. Then they'll be in a situation where they told everyone, but no test result.
Do you think that might be the reason there is a dragging of feet to get test kits to the locals? They will waste them on cases that don't qualify?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcbell