Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three waves, 1918. Could someone please help me understand what that means? Could that mean that the coronavirus will come in 3 waves, with people sick for the next 6 months - and three peaks?

Rumor is that China cases are in decline. Should we be watching for a next wave of infected patients? OR, does China have it under control and other countries that are more sloppy about the virus will have second and third waves?

What is your context or reference to where you heard three waves in 1918 that are concerning? Might help to understand what you're asking
Is there a news article that you're quoting? Are you responding to another post?

Three waves, 1918. Could someone please help me understand what that means? Could that mean that the coronavirus will come in 3 waves, with people sick for the next 6 months - and three peaks?

Rumor is that China cases are in decline. Should we be watching for a next wave of infected patients? OR, does China have it under control and other countries that are more sloppy about the virus will have second and third waves?
This might help.
If not allowed, my apologies.
It moves fast, but helped me understand.
The waves were due to the war
IMO.
MOO

So this is a bit odd IMO....

Travis Air Force Base is in Solano County.

They are saying the patient had no known exposure to someone with the virus.

So it’s coincidence this case is near Travis Air Force Base?
Maybe....I see some other info but haven't confirmed it yet, so take the following with a grain of salt, until we can get another confirmation.
The patient is a resident of Solano County and receiving medical treatment in Sacramento County, according to the California Department of Public Health.

The highlighted area is Solano county.....between San Francisco and Sacramento....
The main city in Solano County is Fairfield. This is where Travis Air Force Base is located. The news article says this new person was not one of the Travis quarantinees or associated with that operation. I suspect it is connected, but we don't know what that connection is yet.

I've been wondering about the logistics of these cruise ship repatriated folks -- were they flown to Travis directly? Or were they flown to San Francisco airport and then driven the 65 miles to Travis? I wonder if somehow there was some contact as they drove, but I can't imagine they stopped for fuel or meals on the way. Maybe someone had close contact with the vehicles afterwards, like while being cleaned? I hope just for curiosity sake they are able to trace the source. Interstate 80 goes through Fairfield (though not through Travis).

Correction: the article only says they didn't get CV at Travis. So technically it's possible this person was one of the drivers or support people getting folks from SFO to Travis? But you'd think the route wouldn't be a mystery then, even if it was a family member of that crew. Hm...

The main city in Solano County is Fairfield. This is where Travis Air Force Base is located. The news article says this new person was not one of the Travis quarantinees or associated with that operation. I suspect it is connected, but we don't know what that connection is yet.

I've been wondering about the logistics of these cruise ship repatriated folks -- were they flown to Travis directly? Or were they flown to San Francisco airport and then driven the 65 miles to Travis? I wonder if somehow there was some contact as they drove, but I can't imagine they stopped for fuel or meals on the way. Maybe someone had close contact with the vehicles afterwards, like while being cleaned? I hope just for curiosity sake they are able to trace the source. Interstate 80 goes through Fairfield (though not through Travis).
They flew directly in to Travis......

Quarantined Ship Passengers Arrive, Are Sequestered at Travis AFB

Yep. I’m thinking there MUST be a connection.

Exactly where the repatriated people were after they entered CA airspace and exactly with whom they interacted with (down to the drivers as you said!) should be looked at.

Crikey, this virus sounds crazy communicable...

ETA: after seeing Henry’s above post. Looks like they went straight to the base. Interesting. I wonder who could have come in contact with them despite an article above saying “had not been in CLOSE contact”

I have not been on this thread much so maybe I missed it....Do you all have a good list of things that would be smart to buy now? I know the CDC has a page but I am looking for what my WS peeps are doing. My husband is far from an alarmist. I am usually the one. But he keeps telling me we need to do something. If he is worried, I am REALLY worried. TIA

I basically just thought about what would we need if we had to quarantine like the people in Wuhan. What would we want if out family had a flu. I've been making a list of cleaning supplies, medicine, foods etc and working on purchasing them. So instead of having one bottle of dish detergent or laundry detergent I have 3 or whatever I determined we needed. How much peanut butter would we need, butter, cheese, grains, meat, toilet paper, all based on what we currently use. I decided my goal of how many weeks to prepare for and how much I needed of each item and have been buying as I can. If we don't need to quarantine or there are not issues with supplies then I have the things we needed anyway.

The one thing I bought that I'd normally not buy was powdered milk and powdered cheese. My kids love the powdered cheese though. We've not tried the milk yet. I'd been eyeing getting some for a couple of weeks and today our Walmart only had 3 bags left so I went ahead and got them.

Solano County resident first person-to-person case of coronavirus in California, health officials confirm

"We have been anticipating the potential for such a case in the U.S., and given our close familial, social and business relationships with China, it is not unexpected that the first case in the U.S. would be in California," said Dr. Sonia Angell, the director of the CDPH.

This new case is the first known person-to-person transmission in the United States.

Officials with the CDC said that this new case is not related to the evacuees at the Air Force Base.

Last edited:
Ah good!

So instead of drivers we might be looking at a connection going from perhaps a pilot or the folks who cleaned the plane(s) but maybe with an extra layer removed, because that would be too easy to track. But say a neighbor or someone who had close contact with someone who works at Travis but isn't yet showing symptoms themselves...

Yikes, I guess this is how it goes...

Yep. I’m thinking there MUST be a connection.

Exactly where the repatriated people were after they entered CA airspace and exactly with whom they interacted with (down to the drivers as you said!) should be looked at.

Crikey, this virus sounds crazy communicable...

ETA: after seeing Henry’s above post. Looks like they went straight to the base. Interesting. I wonder who could have come in contact with them despite an article above saying “had not been in CLOSE contact”
I respectfully disagree.....it might end up that way, but its not certain. There are many variables that need to be explored that we have no idea.
Add: we know about the incubation period and some people have no symptoms, which is one of many scenarios....

Last edited:
Wow....wouldn't that be a cluster.....a case each on the east and west coast.

Iirc in an image @Henry2326 posted upstream (iirc), Texas was on the map (Gulf Coast). Moo iirc

Trying to keep up

ETA;
Total Confirmed COVID-19 Cases At Lackland Rises To 6
FEB 24, 2020

Rsbm Thank God for our Nurses and caregivers who provide services for our loved ones and the sick in our community every day! You are a blessing to us.

JMO

Amen.

Thankfully this is a top area of concern by both WHO and the CDC, even if they both clearly take different approaches on use of the “P word”. :)

I have utmost respect for the contributions by both WHO and CDC.

Musings: Each country, each person, each quarantine situation will be unique here...

It’s all multidimensional as we know.

Looking at what happened in Hubei, we need to maybe start thinking about an influx in animal shelters, which of course is what we see during any emergency situation such as a hurricane, etc. ...AND not to mention shelters are always overloaded as it is.

Point - it is clear that there is high cross transmission among family members, imo. We have various notes of this. This is a fact imo.

So, here’s another thing to think about, Who’s going to take your animals in if you get thrown in quarantine or get sick.

Serious question, Not trying to sound like an alarmist, but rather learn from history...be prepared, better to have a plan like Dr. Nancy says, better to be over prepared than under prepared..So just thought I’d bring that up..:We saw what happened in Wuhan...pets starving...the history of the disease has shown for it to be highly contagious within families moo.

CDC Confirms New Case of Coronavirus in Solano County | KQED

Solano County.

The patient "reportedly did not have a relevant travel history or exposure to another known patient with COVID-19," the agency said.

CDC said the virus was detected in the "public health system in Northern California," picked up by astute clinicians.

Ok shut the front door.

Marking.

Last edited:

Seoul-Tel Aviv-Seoul
The Times of Israel reported that around 200 South Koreans were on board the flight, with over 30 being diagnosed with the virus, according to the South Korea Center for Disease Control.

Seoul-Los Angeles-Seoul
The flights that the flight attendant reportedly worked were operated by the Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger jet seating over 400 passengers in Korean Air's configuration.

This is like watching a train wreck that you can't stop....

“After returning to Seoul, the Los Angeles Times reported that the flight attendant may have operated two additional flights between the South Korean capital and Los Angeles. The flights that were serviced by the flight attendant, KE17 and KE12, reportedly took place on February 19 and 20, respectively, with a one-night layover in Los Angeles, the LA Times reported.

Korean Air operates multiple daily flights between Seoul and Los Angeles with some of its largest aircraft including the Airbus A380 and a Boeing 747-8i. The flights that the flight attendant reportedly worked were operated by the Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger jet seating over 400 passengers in Korean Air's configuration.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb