Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the virus didn’t just show up on our door step. If it was severe in China, and this is an international world, the virus, most likely, was present in the US earlier than thought, confused with a flu virus. If you recall, the flu supposedly was worse this year than in past years.

Was curious as to confusion of covid-19 with flu and numbers, so looked up flu this year compared to previous. Graphs below.

Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report (FluView)

Yearoveryearflu.JPG

cumulativeflu.JPG

I'm listening to the press conference in Oregon and officials are suggesting people to stock up. Not in a crazy way, but as a reminder to be prepared - like we should do anyway in case the family falls sick or there is bad weather and you're stuck home for days on end.

Reasonable and responsible words from what appears to be a calm official not in a panic.

jmo
I’m actually surprised that so many people did not already have plenty of hand sanitizer during flu season. Hopefully it will create a new normal for people in terms of keeping hands cleaner.

Yep yep and yep
I was just talking to someone about this yesterday. I’d bet oh quite a bit that we’ve already had cases /deaths.

So whereabouts in the US Are people seeing empty shelves (sanitizer and cleaning stuff mostly?) thanks

I agree the virus didn’t just show up on our door step. If it was severe in China, and this is an international world, the virus, most likely, was present in the US earlier than thought, confused with a flu virus. If you recall, the flu supposedly was worse this year than in past years.

Have you tried Paint stores like Sherwin Williams ?...... Thanks to WS's Tabitha's tip, I found some there........moo

I didn't but my husband said CBC reported that all retail stores in Canada have no stock. I did look in Walmart today and looked at other stores online and they're all reporting 0 stock. I did see some (expensive) ones on Amazon and E-Bay but before I order, my husband has said he wants to 'check the basement' cause he might have some kicking around down there!

Also I'm paranoid that they'll send me the wrong ones for an exhorbitant price.

Please keep us posted if you are able. Fingers so crossed for you. Hugs!!
PPl are freaking out because the facility staff where the test was done was downplayed and exposed many ppl. The person in question went to so many popular places like Costco, the big bowling alley where my teen daughter works at and other places all week. This is a disaster... We are all going in tonight! :(

PPl are freaking out because the facility staff where the test was done was downplayed and exposed many ppl. The person in question went to so many popular places like Costco as well. This is a disaster... :(

Best to get your test and have a quiet evening away from social media and the news.

Know that we are all here to help you deal with all the "stuff" that surrounds this upsetting situation.

Yep yep and yep
I was just talking to someone about this yesterday. I’d bet oh quite a bit that we’ve already had cases /deaths.

So whereabouts in the US Are people seeing empty shelves (sanitizer and cleaning stuff mostly?) thanks

An hour north of Atlanta. Walmart wiped out of hand sanitizer and just a few days before the shelves were freshly stocked with them. End caps FULL of hand sanitizer. But some still at the dollar store.

Honestly it's not been a part of something I'd normally do. We've only gotten the flu once. And I just avoid touching things when I go out. But I realize I'm actually touching things way more than I want. I figured it was worth putting one in each car and in my purse and starting new habits.

I’m actually surprised that so many people did not already have plenty of hand sanitizer during flu season. Hopefully it will create a new normal for people in terms of keeping hands cleaner.
I've always preferred to wash my hands, but now I want a back up. I don't think sanitizer absolutely essential, but handy.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member