Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PPl are freaking out because the facility staff where the test was done was downplayed and exposed many ppl. The person in question went to so many popular places like Costco, the big bowling alley where my teen daughter works at and other places all week. This is a disaster... We are all going in tonight! :(

Supposedly casual contact at stores is not considered a risk, but we all know that could change. I’ll be thinking of you!

Rachel Maddow spent several minutes on the Oregon case at the end of her show. Good coverage. Thanks Rachel.

I’m actually surprised that so many people did not already have plenty of hand sanitizer during flu season. Hopefully it will create a new normal for people in terms of keeping hands cleaner.

I don't like the stuff. It gives me a headache and dries my hands out. I usually wash my hands a lot and then use lotion. I should have some in the car though.

Supposedly casual contact at stores is not considered a risk, but we all know that could change. I’ll be thinking of you!

Rachel Maddow spent several minutes on the Oregon case at the end of her show. Good coverage. Thanks Rachel.
The person in question did not travel overseas or have contact with anyone known to have it. There is a CA case just like this one.

I'm sorry. :( I wonder how that will change things for people in your county and city or do you think life will still go on as normal? I honestly don't know what I'd do personally.

Oh, crap! I see you've been in and out of where they work. Wow!
I am not going to stress because at the moment I feel fine, its just too close to home. the facility in question is a popular one and a big one.

PPl are freaking out because the facility staff where the test was done was downplayed and exposed many ppl. The person in question went to so many popular places like Costco, the big bowling alley where my teen daughter works at and other places all week. This is a disaster... We are all going in tonight! :(
Ugh. Hang in there. I’m in a similar situation in that there were students at my kids’ school that were pulled out today by the county because they have been exposed. They aren’t saying how long the students have been at school since exposure. School district waiting to make decisions on what to do.

Poop is hitting the fan in our necks of the woods Oregonmama. We shall stand in solidarity! :):eek::confused:

Oregon case...gender and age not revealed. Working to find out who person has spent time with. Spent time in a Clackamas county elementary school. Not good!

Answering questions: Now saying Forest Hill elementary school in Clackamas county. Calling this case presumptive until get test back from CDC but treating it as a confirmed case. At first sign of cold or flu stay home. Governor says they are taking this very very seriously and to remain calm but take usual precautions. Learned about this case at about 3:00 pm today. Early in investigation. Person did not travel to any place of concern. Contacts will be asked to watch for symptoms. Case count may tick up. CDC is now testing people who didn’t travel who have symptoms. Two people prior to this had symptoms but test came back negative. Kaiser Hospital is working to protect workers. Doing detailed timeline of where person has been and had contact with. Have pending results for another person with symptoms. Looking at people who had close contact...sitting close, having conversations, not casual like in a store. Will be as transparent as possible about positive cases. Says agrees with CDC that there will be widespread incidents. This is between TB and measles for being spread. Governor is confident in professionals and systems in place in the state.

Rachel Maddow just mentioned this case!

Oregon coronavirus case shuts Lake Oswego elementary school

What a stupid, stupid man. Father in law already dead from Coronavirus, wife has pneumonia and he’s just out of quarantine. So he coughs and splutters all over his kid and shares a drink with her.

Man kept in coronavirus quarantine can't stop coughing, taking water from 3-year-old daughter | Daily Mail Online

See this is the sort of thing I worry about. Here is a man who lived through the experience in Wuhan, being quarantined, having his FIL die, and his wife being sick.....and even if he says he's been checked twice, he takes no precautions. Who is to know that incubation can't last a bit more than 2 weeks, or if he has been reinfected by another during his evacuation ?

What about all those other people who are not well informed, or who may ignore symptoms while carrying on their regular lives, or those who go to the doctor or ER without calling ahead? I have a neighbor for example who thinks this is all blown out of proportion, and doesn't bother informing herself of the facts. There are probably an untold number of people who are busy doing their thing, occupied with making a living, or whatever who are simply not taking heed. Before you know it, one such person could cause domino effect in one community and spread from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member