Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Identical twins: One was vaccinated for COVID, the other wasn't; how'd they fare?
Bobby’s troubled by misinformation spread about the vaccine. The other day, he said, someone came into the shop saying she was sorry Billy died. She then told Bobby her girlfriend’s boyfriend said the vaccines have tracking devices.

Bobby said he told the woman to leave and did not mince words.

“It’s people like you, repeating stupid (crap) from stupid people that keeps people from getting vaccines,” Bobby said he told her. “And she probably tells 20 people a day the same (stuff).”

SBM - Wow. Thank you, @Cool Cats, for that powerful article. I need to print it out and give it to several coworkers who, after all this time, still believe the whole thing is a hoax. RIP Billy and my sympathies to Bobby and the rest of the family.

SBM - Wow. Thank you, @Cool Cats, for that powerful article. I need to print it out and give it to several coworkers who, after all this time, still believe the whole thing is a hoax. RIP Billy and my sympathies to Bobby and the rest of the family.

I am so glad you can use the article!

I think it's a great idea to actually hand someone something in writing that is a true story about a person's experience with the Covid Virus/Vaccination.

Handing out articles that are easy to read, first person accounts, seems like it would be better than getting into the inevitable back and forth where it just ends up with someone trying to win an argument.

The being identical twins, really there is something about it, that hits home more than usual. The stark difference of one twin getting vaccinated and one twin not, and then working in the same place exposed to the same people, then having completely different outcomes.

View attachment 311578

What is a quarantine facility? Here we quarantine at home.

To quarantine at home a person with Covid just stays confined to their own bedroom or basement etc... A food tray is put outside their door etc...

Like Chris Cuomo from CNN quarantined in his basement.

There is nowhere else to go.
Australia is doing it high tech, unlike us. People can quarantine in special facilities-usually hotels dedicated specifically for quarantine. Of course it wouldn't work in the US, since we have so many people needing to quarantine.

Eric Feigl-Ding
@DrEricDing

WORSENING PEDIATRIC #COVID19 HOSPITALIZATIONS—Florida Texas Georgia are top 3 states with worsening kids COVID hospital, over past week. Georgia has joined TX/FL in exceeding own 2020 first wave peak.
@GovKemp
@GovRonDeSantis
@GovAbbott
asleep at the wheel? HT
@wkdragon88

E-nIbfoXMAIqLKa

Meanwhile....

It's one thing to have 100's of people around me who are being quiet listening to a presentation but then a whole 'nother thing having 100's of people around me who are constantly screaming and shouting.

Which is better?

Being inside with a crowd watching a movie where everyone is mostly quiet?
OR
Being outside with this football crowd in the above video?

Hummm ... Again, choices choices.

Well, you can do both of these from your home by watching your TV.

Last edited:
Ordering someone to get vaccinated as a condition of employment should only be done PRIOR to getting hired for the job, not after you have been working there for years.

In normal times, perhaps. During a worldwide pandemic of a fatal disease, an employer really must require vaccinations in order to protect their employees and the public.

In normal times, perhaps. During a worldwide pandemic of a fatal disease, an employer really must require vaccinations in order to protect their employees and the public.

Fatal disease does make a good exception, this time, yes.

Time to re-do the hiring contracts -

Prior to employment contracts:

These vaccinations - XYZ - are required for employment.

However,

if a life threatening health pandemic comes along that can negatively
affect employee and customer health, you will be required as a condition of your continued employment to get a vaccine if one becomes available to you. If you are unable to take a vaccine you will need a medical note from your primary care physician.

Please sign:

Jane Doe √

Last edited:
I'm waiting to get another J&J shot, but for some odd reason, J&J doesn't make the news as much. I've seen a few encouraging articles, but then no follow up. The clinics won't give another one right now--or give a different vaccine as a booster until they get advice from the CDC.

But, my thoughts are that we've already vaccinated the majority who want to be vaccinated, so it seems as though we should have enough for boosters now. If we have to wait eight months, however, I'll have to wait until early December.

Here's some discussion about J&J and other boosters (discussion not vaccine effectiveness starts at around 27:30, and then they reference J&J later at around 37:00)

I think that the necessity for 3rd shot boosters, depends on several factors, and probably individual risk, and whether the goal is to prevent infection and mild illness, or to prevent severe illness, hospitalization, and death. However, I think that NOT getting infected at all would be the ideal goal, but that's JMO.

Last edited:
It's one thing to have 100's of people around me who are being quiet listening to a presentation but then a whole 'nother thing having 100's of people around me who are constantly screaming and shouting.

Which is better?

Being inside with a crowd watching a movie where everyone is mostly quiet?
OR
Being outside with this football crowd in the above video?

Hummm ... Again, choices choices.

Well, you can do both of these from your home by watching your TV.

Indeed. Additionally, one thing about Delta that Dr. O has mentioned several times in his podcasts is that, contrary to pre-delta, we are seeing more clusters associated with packed outdoor events, concerts, etc.

When under State law that a school cannot mandate vaccinations, Colleges have to get creative. School leaders are trying to circumvent the State ban.

1.) Students who do not show proof of Vaccinations must get tested every week.

"I guess you could argue that we're making life a nuisance for these people by testing them weekly, and all I have to do is get vaccinated to opt out of that."

2.) Students who refuse to test will get their residence hall access revoked and their meal plans shut off.

3.) To subvert the ban on mandating vaccinations, easy access vaccination sites are set up on campuses.

4.) Rewards for getting vaccinated such as free tuition, laptops and gift cards.

5.) Mercer students join 'Faith in the Vaccine' program to educate others on COVID-19 vaccine | 13wmaz.com

The Interfaith Youth Core selected them as part of students at 117 colleges across the country for the National Faith in the Vaccine Ambassadors project. They are a cohort of students who were selected to get the word out about the vaccine and debunk some myths many people may have about the vaccine.

HBCUs grapple with vaccination mandates as students return to campus

Last edited:
The difference between Australia and the United States. More than an ocean. People in the United States are usually allowed to have freedom from government and employers mandatory demands.

That being said, it is not always true. I have worked jobs that required TB tests, fingerprints, background checks, all sorts of shots...but the difference is that I agreed to the various shots, tests, checks prior to employment, not after the fact as a condition of maintaining employment.

This should be interesting in the United States if any cases go to the Supreme Court.

It sounds as though we may have our first test case soon.

Telstra (our largest telecomms provider) is mandating vaccines for all public facing staff - I think by the end of November.
If any staff don't get vaccinated they may be moved to back office positions or be given a 'medical retirement'.

The communications union has said it is going to take this to court. Whether they do or not, I guess we will wait and see. They could be blowing hot air - if legal advice tells them they will likely lose.

I can't imagine that Telstra has mandated this (or Qantas, or any of the big companies who are mandating vaccines) without looking into their capability/legality of their vaccine mandates already.

Can you please provide a scientific or MSM link for that? I have not read proof of that before, but perhaps I missed it.

CDC: COVID vaccines won’t stop transmission; Fully vaccinated can still get, spread Delta strain.

WASHINGTON — COVID-19 vaccine will not stop transmission of the virus, U.S. Centers for Disease Control Rochelle Walensky said Thursday.

“Our vaccines are working exceptionally well,” Walensky told CNN in an interview on Thursday, Aug. 5. “They continue to work well for Delta, with regard to severe illness and death – they prevent it. But what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission.”

Walensky said fully vaccinated persons can still get COVID and transmit it to others. The CDC director’s comments about coronavirus vaccines come as the Delta variant of the virus accounts for the majority of new cases and has resulted in new hotspots in Florida, Texas and Louisiana.

CDC: COVID vaccines won’t stop transmission; Fully vaccinated can still get, spread Delta strain

When under State law that a school cannot mandate vaccinations, Colleges have to get creative. School leaders are trying to circumvent the State ban.

1.) Students who do not show proof of Vaccinations must get tested every week.

"I guess you could argue that we're making life a nuisance for these people by testing them weekly, and all I have to do is get vaccinated to opt out of that."

2.) Students who refuse to test will get their residence hall access revoked and their meal plans shut off.

3.) To subvert the ban on mandating vaccinations, easy access vaccination sites are set up on campuses.

4.) Rewards for getting vaccinated such as free tuition, laptops and gift cards.

5.) Mercer students join 'Faith in the Vaccine' program to educate others on COVID-19 vaccine | 13wmaz.com

The Interfaith Youth Core selected them as part of students at 117 colleges across the country for the National Faith in the Vaccine Ambassadors project. They are a cohort of students who were selected to get the word out about the vaccine and debunk some myths many people may have about the vaccine.

HBCUs grapple with vaccination mandates as students return to campus

There must have been some kind of cross over period when schools suddenly required MMR vaccines for students.
This was a successful requirement.

In 1998, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommended that states ensure that all children in grades kindergarten through 12 receive 2 doses of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine by 2001.
In 2000, the National Immunization Program surveyed states, the District of Columbia, and United States territories, commonwealths, and protectorates to assess progress toward this goal.
Almost all respondents (53 [98%] of 54) reported a second-dose requirement for entry to elementary school, middle school, or both.
By fall of 2001, most (82%) school-aged children in the United States were in grades requiring a second dose of measles vaccine.
Progress toward Implementation of a Second-Dose Measles Immunization Requirement for All Schoolchildren in the United States (article from 2004)

There must have been some kind of cross over period when schools suddenly required MMR vaccines for students.
This was a successful requirement.

In 1998, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommended that states ensure that all children in grades kindergarten through 12 receive 2 doses of measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine by 2001.
In 2000, the National Immunization Program surveyed states, the District of Columbia, and United States territories, commonwealths, and protectorates to assess progress toward this goal.
Almost all respondents (53 [98%] of 54) reported a second-dose requirement for entry to elementary school, middle school, or both.
By fall of 2001, most (82%) school-aged children in the United States were in grades requiring a second dose of measles vaccine.
Progress toward Implementation of a Second-Dose Measles Immunization Requirement for All Schoolchildren in the United States (article from 2004)

So does this mean Covid will be required eventually?

If other vaccines have been required why not Covid?

CDC: COVID vaccines won’t stop transmission; Fully vaccinated can still get, spread Delta strain.

WASHINGTON — COVID-19 vaccine will not stop transmission of the virus, U.S. Centers for Disease Control Rochelle Walensky said Thursday.

“Our vaccines are working exceptionally well,” Walensky told CNN in an interview on Thursday, Aug. 5. “They continue to work well for Delta, with regard to severe illness and death – they prevent it. But what they can't do anymore is prevent transmission.”

Walensky said fully vaccinated persons can still get COVID and transmit it to others. The CDC director’s comments about coronavirus vaccines come as the Delta variant of the virus accounts for the majority of new cases and has resulted in new hotspots in Florida, Texas and Louisiana.

CDC: COVID vaccines won’t stop transmission; Fully vaccinated can still get, spread Delta strain

Thank you for the link.

I have found data and news articles, that do in fact support the fact that IF a vaccinated person does become infected they MAY carry viral RNA in their nose, and may POSSIBLY transmit the virus to others. However, my research and links do not support the notion that vaccinated individuals "can catch and spread the virus exactly the same" as an unvaccinated individual.

I was just about to make a similar comment. Person A who is vaccinated, can still catch and spread the virus exactly the same as Person B who is unvaccinated. Person A's viral load is the same as Person B's. Doesn't make sense to me.

Links:
Effectiveness of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna Vaccines in...

Fully vaccinated people might not be as contagious as you think

COVID transmission among vaccinated, unvaccinated. What experts say.

Risks of the Delta Variant for Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated People

I know this may come across as being overly pedantic, but I think it's really important to have accurate information, particularly about the risk of spread from vaccinated individuals, which I have already seen being used to denigrate vaccines against Covid 19. JMO ;)

Thank you for the link.

I have found data and news articles, that do in fact support the fact that IF a vaccinated person does become infected they MAY carry viral RNA in their nose, and may POSSIBLY transmit the virus to others. However, my research and links do not support the notion that vaccinated individuals "can catch and spread the virus exactly the same" as an unvaccinated individual.

Links:
Effectiveness of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna Vaccines in...

Fully vaccinated people might not be as contagious as you think

COVID transmission among vaccinated, unvaccinated. What experts say.

Risks of the Delta Variant for Vaccinated vs. Unvaccinated People

I know this may come across as being overly pedantic, but I think it's really important to have accurate information, particularly about the risk of spread from vaccinated individuals, which I have already seen being used to denigrate vaccines against Covid 19. JMO ;)

So if 2 people want to visit each other it's not enough for just one to be vaccinated, both need to be vaccinated.

In other words person X is unvaccinated but just tested negative and so they invite their vaccinated friend Z over to visit.

Z is safe for them to be around, correct? After all Z is vaccinated.

Oops! Wrong. Person Z could have some virus in them or even have a break through infection.

So to be safe person X should go get their shot pronto.

So if person X and person Z want to visit each other it's not enough for just one of them to be vaccinated, both need to be vaccinated.

Ok, got it.

What I have seen happening now, in the United States is that unvaccinated employees have paperwork for religious beliefs or disability exemptions. Then, they request full time telework as an "accommodation".

Well, now, isn't that special?! Don't get me started...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow