Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #111

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DH was perfectly fine after our flu shots yesterday, but I felt a bit queasy for a while in the afternoon. I actually thought about lying down but sat quietly and read instead. I sipped Pedialyte and felt better after a couple of hours. Slept like a log last night.

We scheduled our Covid boosters for October 26. If I decide to get the RSV vax, I'll get that in mid-November.

Glad you are feeing better!!!!

Got my covid vax this afternoon. No side effects - it has been about 6 hours now. It just itched right after - but now that is gone.
Nurse told me this was my 6th covid vax! I do not even remember getting that MANY!! LOL! :)

Thank you. It's very rare for me to have side effects from shots, but I felt nauseous and a little dizzy for a couple of hours.
I got my flu shot on Tuesday morning and later on that evening felt just a little bit off. Kind of tired and blah feeling.

Trying to find a novavaxx booster but it’s proving difficult. I’ll go with another moderna in a week or two otherwise.

DH and I got our high-dose (for seniors) flu shot today and got the latest Covid vaccine at the same time. The Covid shot was in our left arm and flu in the right, same as last year. No arm pain so far. Feeling a little sleepy but I just need to get up and do something physical!

I got my flu shot on Tuesday morning and later on that evening felt just a little bit off. Kind of tired and blah feeling.

Trying to find a novavaxx booster but it’s proving difficult. I’ll go with another moderna in a week or two otherwise.
If there’s a Costco nearby, the pharmacist said that they offer all brands.

Last edited:
I have to get mine on a Friday so I can go through all reactions on the weekend. I always end up exhausted and feverish. That's happened with all covid vaccines and Shingrix.
I've been alright with all of my Covid shots so far, but DH always has to plan on at least a full day of not feeling up to par (low grade fever and fatigue, requiring naps). He's retired, so it doesn't have to be on Friday - he just can't plan anything for a day or two following Covid shot.

A recent report from the CDC, based on the 2022 National Health Interview Survey, reveals that individuals aged 35 to 49 are more likely than other age groups to have experienced or be currently experiencing long COVID. Among those with current symptoms, at the time of the survey 4.7% of people in the 35 to 49 age group reported ongoing long COVID symptoms, compared to 3.8% of 50- to 64-year-olds and 2.7% of 18- to 34-year-olds.

I've been alright with all of my Covid shots so far, but DH always has to plan on at least a full day of not feeling up to par (low grade fever and fatigue, requiring naps). He's retired, so it doesn't have to be on Friday - he just can't plan anything for a day or two following Covid shot.

That's how it has worked with all my Covid shots, as well. My husband, on the other hand, has very minimal side effects.

I chewed two Pepto Bismol for my nausea and drank a large glass of Pedialyte for the dizziness. Unexpected side effects from high dose flu shot lasted 3-4 hours.

Interesting how different people respond to the various vaccines. I had the high dose flu shot and had no symptoms at all, just a sore arm which, of course, is expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova