Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #112

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
January, 2023 was when my husband and I got Covid-19, and I am finally beginning to feel better. (Meaning I don't lay on the sofa all day). So, I suppose "better" is a subjective term.

Not back to my usual self, but definitely doing better than before.

Washington — Fall means it’s time for just about everybody to get up to date on their flu and COVID-19 vaccines – and a lot of older adults also need protection against another risky winter virus, RSV.

Yes, you can get your flu and COVID-19 shots at the same time. Don't call them boosters — they're not just another dose of last year’s protection. The coronavirus and influenza are escape artists that constantly mutate to evade your body’s immune defenses, so both vaccines are reformulated annually to target newer strains.

“Right now is the best time” to get all the recommended fall vaccinations, said Dr. Mandy Cohen, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as she got her flu shot Wednesday. She has an appointment for her COVID-19 shot, too. It's “the single most effective thing you can do to protect yourself, your family, your community.”

While they’re not perfect, vaccinations are the best bet for avoiding a bad case of flu or COVID-19 this winter...

On Sunday we went to a restaurant with 5 friends, all of us in our late 70s except one who is 80. I sat next to one who tested positive for Covid on Tuesday. He said he had cold-like symptoms and was going to take Paxlovid. We are waiting to see if we develop symptoms. We were vaccinated on Sept 12, so we should be pretty well protected. But we decided that it would be wise to cancel a trip we had planned and reschedule at another time. Traveling while ill would be miserable, IMO.

On Sunday we went to a restaurant with 5 friends, all of us in our late 70s except one who is 80. I sat next to one who tested positive for Covid on Tuesday. He said he had cold-like symptoms and was going to take Paxlovid. We are waiting to see if we develop symptoms. We were vaccinated on Sept 12, so we should be pretty well protected. But we decided that it would be wise to cancel a trip we had planned and reschedule at another time. Traveling while ill would be miserable, IMO.
Do keep us posted!

When I received my Moderna vaccine a couple of weeks ago, the pharmacist updated my vaccination card. She also stated that my vaccine would be updated in the state registry.
In the state where I live, ALL vaccinations are entered into the state registry. That includes hepatitis A, B, tetanus, etc. as well as COVID.

This allows for easy access to your “shot record.” If you need it for travel, or kids need it for school, it can be quickly and easily be printed out by your doctor’s office or the health department.

Oh no!!! I know you were looking forward to your trip.... :( But you are right - traveling while ill is NOT fun!! Hopefully NO Covid for you!! And everyone else in your group.

Sorry to see you have long-term symptoms. Did your doctor have anything helpful to suggest/offer? Just curious and hope you continue to feel better and better.

LOL. I suppose I could have looked around for more doctors, but I was just too sick and exhausted. Mine suggested antidepressants and for me to get out and exercise more.

This is pretty typical, from my FB group. I just worked on healthy eating, and taking it easy. The other night I was coming home from a class I am taking, and realized that I had not been out at night since I was sick. Just too tired to go anywhere or do anything beyond what needed to be done.

LOL. I suppose I could have looked around for more doctors, but I was just too sick and exhausted. Mine suggested antidepressants and for me to get out and exercise more.

This is pretty typical, from my FB group. I just worked on healthy eating, and taking it easy. The other night I was coming home from a class I am taking, and realized that I had not been out at night since I was sick. Just too tired to go anywhere or do anything beyond what needed to be done.
I think it's wise you took it easy. From what I've read, exercise (even light or moderate levels) can backfire while a person has Long Covid, slowing the recovery instead of helping it along. It's scary your doctor wasn't aware of that, but at the same time I understand -- in my tiny town the local doctors don't seem especially educated or cautious about covid/long covid, and I imagine I'd be given the same advice you were.

My apologies if you might have mentioned previously, but were you working during the period when you were experiencing long Covid? I'm glad to know that you are beginning to feel better and getting back to a somewhat normal life. All the best to you.

My apologies if you might have mentioned previously, but were you working during the period when you were experiencing long Covid? I'm glad to know that you are beginning to feel better and getting back to a somewhat normal life. All the best to you.

Actually, no. I was unemployed for about 4 months. Just as well, I was literally too sick to do anything. I think we ate more canned soup and cereal those months than we did our entire marriage. I ordered food on the Albertsons app, and they put it in your car.

And now, while I work, I consider myself retired. I just didn't want to go back to an office, deal with people, drama. I do a very simple job from home. And that is perfectly fine.

Oh no!!! I know you were looking forward to your trip.... :( But you are right - traveling while ill is NOT fun!! Hopefully NO Covid for you!! And everyone else in your group.
Our friend's wife has Covid now, but that's not surprising. He said she barely has symptoms but he has cold symptoms and is feeling yucky. :confused: We are okay so far, hoping to stay well.

Every time, I swear I'm never doing the shots again and this time is no exception. I ache in places I didn't even know it was possible to ache.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221
Back