Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good. Otherwise brawls will start happening like in Australia.

And it’s just a fair and good way of doing things. Moo.

It makes total sense. But it doesn't factor in family size. Good thing I didn't listen to naysayers. I needed to stock up for my family of 9 and not just a couple of people.

US senators shut down DC offices

Republican Sen. Mitt Romney is telling his staff to work from home. He added that he has a cold.

Sen. Ted Cruz is also temporarily closing his office "to protect the health and welfare of staff, constituents, and colleagues in Congress." Cruz is currently in self-isolation after he attended the Conservative Political Action Conference, where someone tested positive for coronavirus.

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN

Humana employee in Louisville has tested positive for COVID-19
All Louisville-based associates who can work from home have been asked to work from home LOUISVILLE, Ky. — A Humana employee in Louisville has tested positive for COVID-19, the company said in an internal email to all staff.

In the email obtained by WHAS11, Humana said an associate in the Waterside building preliminary tested positive for coronavirus and is currently receiving treatment. The person, Humana said, has been out of the office since March 2.
Humana employee in Louisville has tested positive for COVID-19

Guy infected with covid flew from NY to Florida.
"The person across the way from me was taken to the back of the plane. He was wearing masks and gloves. His wife was sitting in the same row as me and mentioned to others that he wasn't feeling well. She said he had gotten a phone call with his test results right before we had taken off, implying that he had a positive test but not actually saying it," passenger Scott Rodman told WPTV."
JetBlue passenger on flight from JFK arrives in Palm Beach as positive coronavirus case: officials

So he knew he was supposed to be in isolation and played in 7 games and is the player on record has deliberately touching all the reporters mics etc??

I hope these people will eventually face criminal prosecution.
Trump may sign a disaster declaration today

President Trump’s top economic adviser Larry Kudlow told Republicans the President may sign a disaster declaration under the Stafford Act this afternoon.

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN
I'm surprised he didn't announce this last night.

HI guys Daughter is OK for now she is on a heart monitor and breathing funny, but in good hands, woke up this morning to the news we have a case in Irving 50 year old man in a Dallas hospital, I'm hoping its not UT Southwestern, I cant get much more freaked out than I am now but that would do it .
Happy to hear from you. Sorry for the continuing stuff you're having to deal with. Strength to you and your daughter.

Last edited:
WATCH: Gov. Northam announces ninth case of coronavirus in Virginia

I needed a day to recover from VA Governor Northam presser.

First you can barley bear, no mikes for questions, and the governor rocks back and forth on his heels, while staring at the ceiling, when the various agencies speak.

He starts off with......
We are a Commonwealth and have a very unique plan.

Northam, we have 10 million towards cost. We will pay government employees to work from home or while out of work. No mention of those non government employees, how state would help the localities or if funds would be sent to localities. He was very invasive about any details, as were all of the Departments that spoke. NO State of Emergency.

VHD, only people exposured to a known case will be tested or a nursing home resident. ALL test request are investigated, prior to approval and ONLY VHD can approve the test!!! Recommends call your family Dr and arrange for private testing.

BOE, school decisions will be made locally. If schools have the capability of inline education, it may be approved if all elements are met. School without online capability will , not go to school. Sent TWO MEMOs (WOW) recommending school superintendents work with local health depts, review local emergency plans and review CDC website.

Supply/General Stores, said we do have a stock pile of supplies (seemed unsure and uncertain of himself) and we have applied to US government for more. These will be distributed to first responders and health depts. Not sure I'm buying this "we have a stock pile".

State lab, capability to do 400 per day. Applying for more as the order is received. CDC still rationing. Suggests private labs. MCV, VCU and UVA working on a test kit. (those colleges closed right after the presser)

CEO VA Hospital Assoc., they are preparing, no update when/where supplies might come from. Did stress the need for additional nurses, physicians, and supplies.

So the bottom line is.....

We in VA are unique. We are going to have to handle this at a local level. What has happened???? I'm physical sick over the response from the governor and his lackadaisical appearance.

Since the presser, most all colleges have cancelled class and dorms will not reopen after spring break. Loudon schools are closed, GDs robotic competition trip was cancelled, but the band is STILL going to Disney because its not enclosed, its more open and they can't get the money back.

IMOO...very worried in Virginia

I know there are some university professors here- my brother’s university just announced it will be closed for the semester. He’s defending his PhD dissertation in 2 weeks. What will they even do? I hope the universities can be flexible allowing small meetings off campus for something like that?

(For the record I agree with the closings, I just wonder how this will be handled.)

What if all of us who are afraid of the virus started thinking that we are strong, and we will survive this no matter what. It looks like a thing that will have a second wave, and based on 1918, the second wave was worse.

How do people survive this pandemic? What's the best course of action and what is the best mental outlook?

Is there a way to navigate this pandemic? Is it total isolation for 18 months?

Dystopian view ... again.

Endemic.
Isolation. Limit your social contacts.
Limit your outings. Shop in off hours if you can.
Wash your hands. Keep aware of the clusters. Stay in good health.
What more can you do?

Rediscover your 'self' and your family, enjoy the simplicities of life.
Savour the flavour,
like that sausage or sauerkraut soup.

Service.
Ask an older neighbour on the street if they need anything?
Arrange pet sitting with friends who might be in need, or worried about what might happen to their pets, if they took ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991