Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Preventing a covid-19 pandemic: ACE inhibitors as a potential risk factor for fatal Covid-19

Link between ACE inhibitor Lisinopril or the angiotensin Losartan and severity of symptoms of COVID-19?

<snipped and bbm>

"Is the expression of ACE2 receptor in the virus targeted cells increased by the use of ACE-inhibitor/angiotensin-receptor blocker and is the patient therefore more at risk for a severe course?

We need rapid epidemiological and preclinical studies to clarify this relationship. If this were the case, we might be able to reduce the risk of fatal Covid-19 courses in many patients by temporarily replacing these drugs."

---------------------------

Otherwise "healthy," I was diagnosed with hypertension (high blood pressure) a few months ago. The only medication I am currently using is. . . Lisinopril!!! LOL

Crap! I'm on Losartan! The best way to reduce my BP is not eat or juice fast. Starve the hypertension away. :(:(

Also the WHO offered the US 60,000 tests last month and the US rejected the offer saying we wanted to make the tests ourselves. At a PC this week both the head of the CDC and Pence “didn’t know” who decided to reject the tests the rest of the world is using.

Well I think they ought to find out who and deal with them accordingly. Why on earth would they say 'no thanks' to that?

ROCHESTER, Minn. (KTTC) -- Mayo Clinic announced that it has developed a test to detect the virus that causes COVID-19.

According to a news release from Mayo Clinic, the test is called the "Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2, Molecular Detection." Data from the test is reportedly going to be sent to the Food and Drug Administration "for review and emergency use authorization."

Mayo Clinic develops test to detect COVID-19 infection
Good news. This needs to be tested like strep.

Supposedly he also went around touching all his teammates' stuff in the locker room.
Wonder if he already knew he was infected and wanted to infect everyone? He should be fired. If he waved a loaded gun around, he would be.

on another note, Kentuckians are very pissed about SEC games called off. A few on our local news are complaining,
“We planned this for 6 months.” Smh
Our Gov had a chart I wish I could find that shows how effective staying home can be and how much worse this will be if people ignore. Unfortunately I can’t find the graph. I’d like to link it for convo.

Sorry if this has been covered, and I'm repeating ad nauseum, but I'm really feeling for the parents who have to find child care while schools are closed. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the caution. I just feel this is going to financially impact poorer families who can't afford child care, and/or can't afford to take off from work :( Yet another SE of this pandemic.

Hi friends, I apologize upfront for asking a question without reading this thread. I just realized that there was a thread on the virus. I'm sure you have discussed this many times already.

My DH and I have a planned trip the end of March to NYC. We live in the West in a state with no cases so far. We are in our mid 60s, both with medication controlled high BP. My DH has asthma .
Our tickets are refundable.
I have gone back and forth every day, we are going. We better not. Of course we're going.

Here's the kicker: All our children and only grandchild live in NYC. See
my dilemma?

I'm not worried about getting it. I'm worried about getting it and giving it to someone else.
Our adult children have been very careful to not indicate to us if they think we should come or not.

Later today I have an appt. for a 6 month checkup after DVT and PE . I know that sounds bad but of course I have been on blood thinner and am feeling good. I am anxious to see what my Dr. says about traveling.
What say you?

I say do not go.
Think about it this way ... you give up seeing family now against the risk of never seeing them again if you die. You are in the high risk category. You are over 60 with health conditions they are warning specifically about. Read the threads some. I think you will quickly see how risky it is.

Sorry if this has been covered, and I'm repeating ad nauseum, but I'm really feeling for the parents who have to find child care while schools are closed. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the caution. I just feel this is going to financially impact poorer families who can't afford child care, and/or can't afford to take off from work :( Yet another SE of this pandemic.

Some might lose their jobs if they aren’t allowed to miss work.

Yup I also have the ingredients. Offered to make him some when he runs out of the berry scented one. CVS where I pick up his medications had the "recipe" right at the checkout last time I was there.
I tried to buy 91% isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera gel everywhere in Gainesville, Florida. I know it only has to be 60% or greater but I just want room for error. Walmart sells it for $2.40 or something like that, except they're out of stock. Online stores were also out of stock. None of either ingredient to be found. But Ebay had that $2.40 bottle of isopropyl alcohol for $60. Yikes! It's maddening.

I tried to buy 91% isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera gel everywhere in Gainesville, Florida. I know it only has to be 60% or greater but I just want room for error. Walmart sells it for $2.40 or something like that, except they're out of stock. Online stores were also out of stock. None of either ingredient to be found. But Ebay had that $2.40 bottle of isopropyl alcohol for $60. Yikes! It's maddening.

There is always Everclear, check the liquor store. 95% alcohol

We're fortunate to be on the far side of the world. It gave us time to put a protocol in place to prevent a wild, uncontrolled spread here in Canada. I expect that the efforts to contain the virus will have good success on this side of the world. The mortality rate will subside.

Because of the good success, I predict that the public health service and government leaders will be accused of over-reacting. Folks will say that none of this care was necessary. There will be a huge backlash from disgruntled folks who never got sick. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member