Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hydroxychloroquine. I've been on it for years for my lupus.

I just googled the Hydroxychloroquine and COVID-19 and came across some articles discussing this but none of them appear to be MSM, though I could be wrong. They're easy to find. JMO
I'm on it for RA. Can I pretend it balances out the lisinopril and I'm as safe as anyone who doesn't have high blood pressure?

Idiot didn't take it seriously, went around rubbing microphones after a press conference, 2? days later he has it and NBA shut down. Do not correlate touching things w getting it, just that he didnt take it seriously
I've read he was also acting like an a-hole in the locker room, too, touching people. Idiot.

Last night I was Googling controlled HBP and Coronavirus. What I found did not make me feel good. It was a simple search didnt have to dig at all. From what I recall the reason this virus hits people w HBP is really due to the meds themselves. I have HBP well controlled but this alarmed me. And I'm pretty ticked off no "reports" go into detail about pre existing conditions. So from what I've read HBP meds have some kind of antagonizing reaction w the virus.

What about the meds? Can you share more? On BP meds here.

0_PAY-Newsflash-CoupleCoronavirus-01.jpg

An elderly couple who were married for more than 60 years have died a couple of hours apart after contracting the coronavirus.

Severa Belotti, 82, and Luigi Carrara, 86, lived in the town of Albino, in the northern Italian province of Bergamo and reportedly spent eight days locked at home with a fever of 39 degrees.

They were eventually taken to Bergamo Hospital last weekend.

But their son Luca Carrara told local newspaper Corriere della Sera that they “died alone” in the facility as he was unable to say goodbye.

He said: “Your loved ones stay alone and you cannot say bye, hug them, trying to give some comfort."

Couple married for 60 years die hours apart from coronavirus

Heartbreaking. May they Rest In Peace.

Well unfortunately our CDC pandemic response team was gutted since 2016 and so our ability to be prepared for something like this was minimized. That may be why we didn’t have enough test kits.

Also the WHO offered the US 60,000 tests last month and the US rejected the offer saying we wanted to make the tests ourselves. At a PC this week both the head of the CDC and Pence “didn’t know” who decided to reject the tests the rest of the world is using.

Ours mentioned something similar earlier. I think he was talking about churches. A lot of people are angry we have so many churches closed. Gov’ mentioned singing. I was thinking some people spit when they talk, I imagine that is worse when they sing?

Your post made me think of our very famous live theater here in Southern Oregon, the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. We refer to anyone sitting in the first two rows as being in the “splatter zone.” You’d be amazed at what the stage lights show coming out of the actors’ mouths as they project their voices to the back rows! :eek:

Incidentally, the theater has closed its box office and canceled shows for today while they figure out what to do going forward. Our governor has banned gatherings over 250 and both theaters currently open hold more. There goes the local economy! But health and safety absolutely must come first.

https://www.osfashland.org/~/link.aspx?_id=232072A7BF9244E89193F25EF169CF73&_z=z

Just when I think Cuomo can’t do more...

CNN Breaking News on Twitter

New York state will have the first public drive-through coronavirus testing facility on the east coast, the governor says cnn.it/2vTe0G1

As a lifelong New Yorker I can’t believe Andrew Cuomo is becoming the leader everyone turns to here. Good for him, someone has to do it.

So 80+%, unless quarantined, are asymptomatic and feel healthy enough to go about their normal daily life infecting other people. That's what is different from influenza virus. When young and healthy get flu, at least they are in bed at home, not in contact with the public. I really really hate this Covid-19 virus so much.

If I am understanding the data correctly it is 80% with mild to moderate illness at the time of diagnosis and not 80% with only mild symptoms able to go about their daily life.

According to Dr. Wu's presentation from the CROI 2020 conference :
At diagnosis: approx. 80% are mild/moderate; 15% severe; 5% critical
Progression: approx. 10 -15% of mild/moderate cases become severe, and approx. 15-20% of severe become critical

An estimated 75% of 'asymptomatic' cases at the time of diagnosis soon progress to disease

Testing my math here.. out of 200,000 patients 80% of patients mild/moderate equals 160,000, 15% of 200,000 equals 30,000 severe leaving 5% or 10,000 critical.
Of those 160,000 mild/moderate 10 - 15% will progress to severe which at the lower 10% is 16,000 more patients with severe illness; 15 - 20% of the 30,000 severe patients progress to critical which now gives us 4,500 critical patients.
total of patients with severe and critical illness at the time of diagnosis and with progression gives us 46,000 patients with severe illness and 14,500 with critical illness. Leaving 139,500 patients with mild/moderate disease suffering from symptoms from a mild cold to serious enough upper respiratory infection to cause fever, fatigue, sore throat for a few to several weeks, not to mention the scarring in their lungs

Attachments

• 2020-03-10_19-58-53.jpg
    2020-03-10_19-58-53.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics