Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JerseyGirl check on eBay,just look at shipping info and avoid buying from someone overseas.
I purchased some surgical masks for the house is someone gets sick, gloves as well.
Have not checked this morning, check out how reliable the seller is. There are (cleaned and refurbished ) N 95 masks out there. Harbor Freight had some listed on their website on Thursday evening. Thanks so much for you efforts on these thread ! Moving awfully dang fast ! Just like the status of the virus ! Be Well and Safe Prayers for you and your family and community.

this out of the blue email makes me wonder if their employees are quitting fast due to Coronavirus worries.
I bet the store anticipates some will be I’ll, some will need to be off due to child care issues and the biz is probably picking up.

I have followed many threads and cases on WS and this is the first one where I see no attempt by posters to put a disclaimer on their posts, ie: IMO (In My Opinion), JMO (Just My Opinion)
some post don’t require clarification, like “I have a headache” or “my local grocery was packed.” Also, after an article has been posted several Xs it is already linked. Then, we all have google. JMO, MOO & IMO

It seems to me, that the last time we had so much government cooperation and agreement was when we declared war on Japan after Pearl Harbor.

Yeah I’m not even absorbing what I’m posting anymore. Head is running one thousand miles an hour.

So how about I will just post any links I come across them and you guys can quote and interpret.

Deal? Deal. :)

Last edited:

Aye yi yi. This is the story of me and my husband's life this week. I finally able to get through to my best friend in her 70's, by asking who was going to take care of her cat if she got sick and ended up in the hospital. Another couple only had concerns about Church being cancelled. The rest are pissed off over the NBA being cancelled. They have not prepared at all. My family will be there to help them if they get into trouble. These people I love are stressing me out more than the coronavirus right now!

I have not found ANY mask (painting, medical, grass cutting, etc) ANYWHERE online or in stores. I am done now and refuse to go to any more stores for anything.

If you have a link to any masks in stock please post.

I sure hope you find some.

Thank God my hubby keeps cases of masks in his shop. The nurses who saw him wearing one said they were some of the best they've seen so that's a relief at least.

Imo

Aye yi yi. This is the story of me and my husband's life this week. I finally able to get through to my best friend in her 70's, by asking who was going to take care of her cat if she got sick and ended up in the hospital. Another couple only had concerns about Church being cancelled. The rest are pissed off over the NBA being cancelled. They have not prepared at all. My family will be there to help them if they get into trouble. These people I love are stressing me out more than the coronavirus right now!
You are not alone....in the past month listened to my 80 year old parents telling me I worry too much....they are on board now but it was tough. I just nagged them everyday.

@JerseyGirl check on eBay,just look at shipping info and avoid buying from someone overseas.
I purchased some surgical masks for the house is someone gets sick, gloves as well.
Have not checked this morning, check out how reliable the seller is. There are (cleaned and refurbished ) N 95 masks out there. Harbor Freight had some listed on their website on Thursday evening. Thanks so much for you efforts on these thread ! Moving awfully dang fast ! Just like the status of the virus ! Be Well and Safe Prayers for you and your family and community.

I will check eBay. Thanks. Harbor Freight has NO masks at all on their website.

How cool! Looking forward to your report.
Apologies for quoting myself but as of now we have 22 countries represented. I’m dumbfounded and never imagined I’d ever be connecting with colleagues so globally. No one knows of the agenda but as one of the worlds largest employers who knows what going to happen...policy changes, drive thru only, etc etc

ETA: will post again after the call in about 2 hours with any non confidential info I can share. Hope to hear something that may help or be of interest.

Morning Ze, and all!

I think it will pass in the Senate.

<modsnip: removed political comment>

Everything needs to only pertain to combating the virus while financially helping those who may be affected.

So hopefully the unnecessary stuff is out. McConnell already knew President Trump wouldn't sign off with unnecessary things still in it.

If it's a clean bill concentrating fully on the coronavirus needs only then PT will sign it most likely Monday after it passes the Senate.

I was in the hospital for over a week and just got a week ago, and three days later after I left this same hospital from hell they had their first coronavirus patient. :(

May everyone know how important it is to socially distance themselves. My husband, and I are 73, and 74 so it's been quite a traumatic time for us, but we are taking all precautions the federal doctors, and experts are advising.

Take care everyone.

Jmhoo
Good morning OBE. Happy to see you here. Hope you take care too.

Hospital from hell does not sound encouraging. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I work at several restaurants and called off! I suggested we offer delivery or pick up at the front door, pay via card over the phone so we won’t have to touch anything. They are considering all options. I live in a small town in a rural county with no hospital. Tourists area. Many tourists are fleeing here bringing who knows what with them? Even though I can’t afford not working I moreso can’t afford my children or self to get sick.
I was told what congress passed will help people like me without insurance if I have to go to the hospital so hopefully that will hold true for everyone!
Just sharing my perspective!
Stay safe everyone!

Cancer treatments are hit as coronavirus crisis deepens

SOME cancer patients in Scotland are being asked to delay treatment to avoid the risks of exposure to the coronavirus as it takes hold across the country.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. When it comes to cancer, treatment delayed is treatment denied. Chemo affects cancer cells at specific stages in the growth to death (apoptosis) timeline. If not given on a specific schedule, the chemo has no effect on the cancer cell.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. When it comes to cancer, treatment delayed is treatment denied. Chemo affects cancer cells at specific stages in the growth to death (apoptosis) timeline. If not given on a specific schedule, the chemo has no effect on the cancer cell.
I know.
It doesn't make any sense to me either.

I work at several restaurants and called off! I suggested we offer delivery or pick up at the front door, pay via card over the phone so we won’t have to touch anything. They are considering all options. I live in a small town in a rural county with no hospital. Tourists area. Many tourists are fleeing here bringing who knows what with them? Even though I can’t afford not working I moreso can’t afford my children or self to get sick.
I was told what congress passed will help people like me without insurance if I have to go to the hospital so hopefully that will hold true for everyone!
Just sharing my perspective!
Stay safe everyone!

What was passed by Congress has very limited help with health care. Everyone be warned there are many phone calls, emails, etc. ahead of us.

The bill passed provides free testing only - not health care.

Making a last trip to store today for hopefully a couple weeks- what am I forgetting?! Do y’all think cough expectorant would help or what medicine in case we get it?
My little one says we need ingredients to make pies!

When are you going?

I advise garlic, butter, onions, cooking oil, potatoes.

In addition to everything else under the sun.

Don’t forget the Tylenol.

I’m not going to advise on the cough stuff as IANOD.

Someone last night suggested DHGate in ordering face masks (THANK YOU!). It takes about a month but I was able to get some of the disposable ones, 10 for $8 shipped but it will take a month (about the time this virus will be full blown in the US), and they are coming from China:rolleyes: but I am desperate. I have been unable to find them anywhere in stores or online. I realize they are disposable but I wanted to get my hands on them before I decide to switch to one that washes and has replaceable filters.

I feel I am going to need them for my commute to/from work and anytime I step into a store or where I might run into lots of people. I don’t plan on going out much anyway.

P.S. as many have suggested, I will spray the box with Lysol and leave it outside for a day or two before I open the packaging and do the same with the contents.
If you are looking for just a broad spectrum face mask, try harbor tools. It will do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfred1221