Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have been reading these threads with great interest and haven't posted until now. For context I am a Canadian living in the northeast US, my H and I travel frequently for both work and pleasure and we fly or drive to Canada to visit family several times a year.

As it happens we haven't traveled since the pandemic build-up/announcement. I did have a trip to Nashville with friends and family planned for the end of this month, but decided to cancel it yesterday when the Canadian government asked Canaidans to avoid travel outside of the country.

I realize different people have different opinions on what each of us should be doing to flatten the curve (and I agree with the poster who said we should be tagging our posts with IMO/MOO/IMHO), but I am curious about why some posters feel that individuals should be doing far more than what current expert guidance suggests? (Experts such as the WHO, CDC, Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, etc,). Is it mistrust of the experts? Fear? Anxiety? It seems like some of the people who are decrying knee-jerk behaviour (hoarding, spreading misinformation) are also advocating for a more stringent response to the virus than the experts.

Not itching for an argument and wishing everyone good health and a quick recovery from this pandemic.

IMHO

Wuhan , deja vu?

Hello! I have been reading these threads with great interest and haven't posted until now. For context I am a Canadian living in the northeast US, my H and I travel frequently for both work and pleasure and we fly or drive to Canada to visit family several times a year.

As it happens we haven't traveled since the pandemic build-up/announcement. I did have a trip to Nashville with friends and family planned for the end of this month, but decided to cancel it yesterday when the Canadian government asked Canaidans to avoid travel outside of the country.

I realize different people have different opinions on what each of us should be doing to flatten the curve (and I agree with the poster who said we should be tagging our posts with IMO/MOO/IMHO), but I am curious about why some posters feel that individuals should be doing far more than what current expert guidance suggests? (Experts such as the WHO, CDC, Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, etc,). Is it mistrust of the experts? Fear? Anxiety? It seems like some of the people who are decrying knee-jerk behaviour (hoarding, spreading misinformation) are also advocating for a more stringent response to the virus than the experts.

Not itching for an argument and wishing everyone good health and a quick recovery from this pandemic.

IMHO

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

It seems pretty cut & dry what everyone should be doing, imo.

Federal govt is probably going to have to make all of them do this eventually. FDR originally set up the public utility system this way, in case of national emergency. Kind of a no-brainer, but some resist.
Agreed....saw some comments in GA that although they have done it previously they reported to credit agencies. Hope that stops....

Global coronavirus death toll tops 5,000

https://nypost.com/2020/03/13/global-coronavirus-death-toll-tops-5000/

Out of 8 billion people in the world, it's not a bad number, if it were in the millions of people dying from COVID-19 then yes I'd start to really worry.

And I just got back from Publix. We have enough TP as the store is completely out of it, but they are very low on the following: paper towels, citrus fruits, frozen foods, white vinegar, bottled water. They're out of bleach, and hand sanitizer (which I never use anyways).

I am still trying to figure out why the TP crisis. That does not make any sense at all.
My hubby says you can eat toilet paper but you can't wipe with a tomato.

IMHO
IMO....US has not even scratched the surface of activites suggested by the experts. They squander our windows of opportunity....

am still trying to figure out why the TP crisis. That does not make any sense at all.
Moo moo mooo
In my immediate area it sold out pronto after a woman from Hong Kong arrived in hopes of fleeing the virus. She got to KY just before quarantine rules. A concerned member of the community alerted the local newspaper & they interviewed the woman. She mentioned it was impossible to buy TP in Hong Kong. So everyone went to WMT & then we got our first case, a WMT employee. Moo
Timeline & links provided multiple Xs on previous threads

So so true.

I want to see an after picture of the hospital that was built in 3 days with the beds full of patients.
And there are pictures from china with ppl in small rooms on cots wearing coats? No heat?

The photos back in the early thread, gosh ...I may never find them again??....show the building of the hospitals (daily), warehouse style, folks lying on rows of cots wearing masks and coats.

I'll try to find.... If anyone on the thread remembers please help....

Imo

Coronavirus and the NBA: Child tests positive for COVID-19 after getting autographs at Jazz vs. Celtics game
A police chief says the young fan was at Celtics-Jazz game
Coronavirus and the NBA: Child tests positive for COVID-19 after getting autographs at Jazz vs. Celtics game
Police in in Westerley, Rhode Island announced Friday that one of the two children in the town who had been recently diagnosed with coronavirus got an autograph from an NBA player on March 6. The autograph reportedly happened when the Utah Jazz visited the Boston Celtics.

Chief Shawn Lacey said in a press conference that one patient is in second grade while the other is a preschooler, according to the Providence Journal. The chief added that elementary school student, who had gone to the game in Boston, came in contact with a player who is confirmed to have contracted COVID-19. The other child had just come from a from a cruise to the Bahamas. Students and staff at Springbrook Elementary School, which the second grader attends, are on a two-week quarantine going forward, according to what officials told the Providence Journal.

No cv so far, rbbm.
A state-by-state breakdown of US coronavirus cases - CNN
Alabama:
Alaska: 1
Arizona: 10
Arkansas: 9
California: 243 (including five deaths)
Colorado: 77 (including one death)
Connecticut: 11
Delaware: 4
District of Columbia: 10
Florida: 77 (including three deaths)