Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
news from my nurse friend. The patient is finally being tested, staff is not being released to self-quarantine until after test results are back and at this time if they do have to self-quarantine it will be unpaid leave. I made an anonymous tip to the local media in his area

Yes indeed. Dr. Corey Hebert spoke on MSNBC this morning and compared it to a negative pregnancy test. IFKWIM.

He also stated, interestingly, that if a person has already had it and didn't know, (mild case, few symptoms) they would test negative as well, due to developed immunity. IMO, I don't know if that would show up quite this quickly, but he put it out there.

Link is MSNBC Morning News/watched live interview.

DBM

Last edited:
Imo, all libraries will close, due to the virus surviving on surfaces.

Board approved our closure last night.
We will remain closed until at least March 31. Reassessment on the 26th.
Because I read here and am head of safety team, I pushed for April 6th, knowing this will get much worse. Two weeks is not going to help any. Too little too late.
NO materials should be returned. We are locking the drop boxes.
Promoting our cloudlibrary.
The public cannot be trusted not to infect staff of each other.
WI FI is available from outside the building for everyone to use. You can sit in your car and keep up with classes and work in the parking lot. Or bring a beach chair and sit on the lawn.e
As we left last night we grabbed gloves for home and raided the first aid kit. A co-worker watched a man spit on the ground and then spit on his hands at the gas station before grabbing the nozzle at the pump.
Glove up!
I was able to convey the seriousness of the situation calmly to my office mates all week because I was prepared and they needed to get ready.
I ordered pet food for home delivery for a co-worker that couldn't afford to load up on all family groceries and pet food at the same time.
I am the voice on the library voice mail. Had to make the closure announcement for recording and I missed saying goodbye to everyone. It breaks my heart.
It felt like doomsday Christmas break.

ONLY IN FLORIDA-
Tavares, Fl. Police Dept. posted on their FB site:

There has been reports of street drugs in our area
being intentionally infected by the CoronaVirus so to curtail
the spread we invite all those in possession of street
drugs, turn them in at your local police department.

yeah, this oughta work.

I continue to listen to news conference. Vice President and Mrs. Pence will both undergo COVID-19 tests. Domestic travel restrictions are being considered.
I feel like these travel bans might be a little too late. As in, the cat is already out of the bag.
I was just talking to my daughter who was sent home from the first university to close (UW). She’s not so sure she didn’t already have it—she was sick w/a fever and cough about 1 1/2 weeks before the closure. So were her friends. And her roommate. Lots of people on campus were sick, but not bad enough to worry about. One friend ended up at the hospital but no way was he tested, as they weren’t testing anyone then. But he recovered and went back to school.
It’s possible MANY MANY students on that campus have had it already and if that’s so, how many people in the US have had it or will have it and will never know for sure? I think it will be a very long time before we’re even able to guesstimate how many people have been infected vs. how many people got critically ill and/or died. The death rate might be way lower than we think. MOO

Different hospital but same area as my nurse friend

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article241196206.html

Rumors of a positive case in Horry County were swirling Saturday on social media and in public.

Attempts to reach Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, where a possible case had been rumored, to inquire about possible cases and testing statistics were unsuccessful Personnel told The Sun News that Katie Maclay, the facility’s director of public relations and communications, was not working this weekend. An attempt to reach her via email was also unsuccessful.

<modsnip>
The Official SXSW festival was canceled but the tourists arrived regardless so Austin is filled with tourists with large crowds and lines at local restaurants. No one is practicing "social distancing" most people have never even heard of coronavirus. Lots of spitting, coughing, sneezing, finger-licking (my friend reported to me) clueless. So gatherings are limited to 250 and under and yet block parties continue every night downtown on 6th Street illegally. No one cares.
Profit over the people. Many simply do not care.
Photos: Hundreds gather for Franklin’s Barbecue despite coronavirus concerns
Photos: Hundreds gather for Franklin’s Barbecue despite coronavirus concerns

fools
how can anyone not be aware of the virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTM