Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the government is hoping to flatten the curve, and need all citizens to follow guidelines in a team effort, IMO, it can't happen unless/until they formulate a plan to support not just corporations and traditional small biz, but also every worker who will be forced to cease working for a living.

If there's a choice between earning an income or protecting others (perhaps strangers) being infected, I am afraid I know which one will be the popular choice. Jmo

Imo, I think we need some reassurance that financial help will also trickle down to individuals and families.
I was released from my job this week for failure to perform work per my contract. The job can not be done online and requires travel. Sigh. Time for a drink.

Dry coughs are terrible! Do you have a humidifier going? Good, you got the Honey. Do you have any Butterscotch hard candies? How about that spray for dry mouth Biotene… would that help?

I am not prepared for a cough. I only have old cough medicine here and no humidifier.

Wait, I do have an ancient bottle of Jägermeister liquor, only saved it because it tastes just like cough syrup. Come to find out-- a digestif made with 56 herbs and spices. Do you have Jäger? Hope you start to feel better. Keep us posted.

I've been drinking green tea lately, twice per day, in fact I
stocked up with a bunch earlier.

Anything people can do to boost immune health at this point in time could potentially blunt this virus' effects.

That is the last shopping and retail stuff I will do for the next two weeks, at least. People need to get shopping done this weekend, I'm predicting supply chains are about to break down, indefinitely.

People will simply stop showing up for work, I don't blame them.
Companies are already shutting or curbing operations, I predict by mid-week this will be widespread and all over the news.
Warehousing will break down or is already doing so, with the good economy warehouses were already understaffed.
Health care workers will also stay home if things start really getting bad, and coincident with that their personal safety is at risk on the job
Etc.

By midweek we will see everyday conveniences not available or hard to find, virtually impossible to find by next weekend. I'm not kidding, also I'm not trying to scare people just being realistic. $1.77 gas at Shell is not a good thing right now, it means gas demand is heading to zero, and soon workers at those places won't be going to work and/or the owners will shut the doors, indefinitely. We're witnessing the pre-shutdown right now.

This is the first time that I have seen this advice. Tylenol has never worked as a pain reliever for me. Ibuprofen always helps. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any tips from our medical people? Thank you in Advance.

I feel like I’m just dead. I have to take 600 milligrams of Naprosyn twice a day.

I was released from my job this week for failure to perform work per my contract. The job can not be done online and requires travel. Sigh. Time for a drink.

oh i hate that law in the states, that stupid on the spot firing thing, no cause or whatever they call it

if they did that in Australia you'd be able to sue them and get your pay through fair work

sorry that happened to you, doesn't seem like something you could control and seems very unfair firing

Having lived through a hurricane with power out for several weeks, I am not so sure really hoarding frozen food is such a good idea. If electricity goes out, there go your frozen foods. I think canned goods is the way to go.
Having also lived through a hurricane I don't think it'll come to that. In my case the electricity went out because poles came down. The infrastructure was fine, it was about getting the electricity to houses.

Never say never but this is not a situation where we have physical poles coming down. IMO there will always be at least a skeleton crew manning the stations which will continue to deliver electricity to houses.

Hi everyone, I’m still running a low grade fever. Last night it was difficult getting to sleep, coughing is much worse. Not much more I can do except take Tylenol, guaifenesin, honey and cough medicine. Plenty of tea, oranges juice and water.
l wake up hoping l’ll feel better... Nine days of a low grade fever now my cough is worse. Not much more l can do.
Take care!
PS I’m staying away from people.

You must be very scared. It’s not a higher fever though and that’s important. Have you called the doctor?

We love you and we are here for you. You have your online friends.

Updated odds of catching COVID-19:
Mar 1-in-4600
Apr 1-in-140
May 1-in-5
Jun 1-in-2
Jul 1-in-12
Aug 1-in-150
Assumes continue current trajectory, without radical interventions.
Hopefully this gives context to Govt comments about timing interventions right.
stuart mcdonald on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

I feel doomed.

ETA:

He’s an actuary though. Right? Not a doctor?

I’ve been thinking about @KALI a lot too. I’m a small business owner as well although it’s not at all the same thing but I understand the vulnerability of small business owners and my heart is breaking for everyone suffering with this.

This is a disaster. I don’t even know what everything will look like at the end of this.

President Trump mentioned financial aid in the form of low interest loans will be available to small businesses affected by the pandemic. A good friend of our son has law offices in three states. Two days ago, he closed his law offices in CT and NY. They will be closed for at least three weeks. His wife, who is his office manager/paralegal, said they would take a small business loan if necessary in order to continue to pay their staff.

SBA to Provide Disaster Assistance Loans for Small Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19) | The U.S. Small Business Administration | SBA.gov

I've been drinking green tea lately, twice per day, in fact I
stocked up with a bunch earlier.

Anything people can do to boost immune health at this point in time could potentially blunt this virus' effects.

That is the last shopping and retail stuff I will do for the next two weeks, at least. People need to get shopping done this weekend, I'm predicting supply chains are about to break down, indefinitely.

People will simply stop showing up for work, I don't blame them.
Companies are already shutting or curbing operations, I predict by mid-week this will be widespread and all over the news.
Warehousing will break down or is already doing so, with the good economy warehouses were already understaffed.
Health care workers will also stay home if things start really getting bad, and coincident with that their personal safety is at risk on the job
Etc.

By midweek we will see everyday conveniences not available or hard to find, virtually impossible to find by next weekend. I'm not kidding, also I'm not trying to scare people just being realistic. $1.77 gas at Shell is not a good thing right now, it means gas demand is heading to zero, and soon workers at those places won't be going to work and/or the owners will shut the doors, indefinitely. We're witnessing the pre-shutdown right now.

For Real??

MSU extends virtual classes through semester, postpones commencement due to coronavirus

In the last thread I asked what happens after the common April 6th date for resuming school, libraries, rec centers and the like. Looks like Michigan state took the plunge and admitted that this is way bigger than we think. Closed for the semester. Students no longer need to return for the semester. I am going to go out on a limb and predict this will be the first of many. IMO only for that.

As per hurricane preparedness; fill the gas tanks. Stock the pantry. Try to find as many of the other supplies to stock-batteries, bottled water, canned goods, Rx meds, dried foods,
How long can things go before the supply lines start weakening(?)
Not trying to incite panic...I think things are past that.
Globally, we need to take this seriously. At least we have the internet to communicate.
MOO IMO JME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member