Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPAIN

Spain, on Lockdown, Weighs Liberties Against Containing Coronavirus
The scene is becoming all too familiar, and now it has gripped Spain: Streets are empty, shops are shuttered, families are cloistered at home and the numbers of those infected with the coronavirus, and those who have died, are growing.

Spain — like Italy and France to varying degrees — is now on lockdown, struggling to contain a virus that already seems out of control, with about 8,000 people infected and almost 300 dead. In the center of Madrid, police patrolled the streets, with few cars passing along its main artery, the Castellana. In Barcelona, the Gothic Quarter was empty, and private security kept anyone from entering the cathedral.

Spain’s prime minister, Pedro Sánchez, said he was imposing drastic measures to fight the coronavirus, forcing people to stay indoors, with exemptions only for so-called exceptional circumstances.

[...]

“The majority of the Spanish population wants to overcome this virus as soon as possible, so I’m convinced the majority will comply” with the stay-at-home rules, said Prime Minister Sánchez when he declared a state of emergency on Saturday.

[...]

And the info here is available by googling, something every person USA can do, imo. Or one can listen to the news which is pretty much 24/7 on this. Moo
This man is a HERO. He’s fighting hard.

What a disappointment in some humans.

Some didn’t even try....and that I will never forget or forgive.

Shoot some people don’t even have the courtesy to read and educate themselves, let alone act. Moo.

There are 24 threads here for people to read.

I think these hoarders were acting like criminals:
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...clear-stores-of-sanitizer-products-for-resale

Tenn. Brothers Clear Stores of Sanitizer Products for Resale
Two Tennessee brothers cleared stores shelves in two states of thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer and packs of antibacterial wipes in an elaborate plan to resell them for profit during the U.S. coronavirus outbreak.

... before online retailer Amazon stopped their sales and the state attorney general sent a cease-and-desist letter.

Now, Matt and Noah Colvin of Hixson, Tennessee, are stuck with a garage full of products, The New York Times reported.

“It’s been a huge amount of whiplash,” Matt Colvin said. “From being in a situation where what I’ve got coming and going could potentially put my family in a really good place financially to ‘What the heck am I going to do with all of this?’”

Donate, apparently.

Matt Colvin said after the newspaper published the story that he was exploring giving the supplies away, including 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer.

they've actually already donated but the attorney general says that doesn't preclude them being criminally charged

er not the attorney general but whoever the high ranking gov't attorney is there

I'm sorry to disagree, but if we don't feel sick, why can't we support our local restaurants?

MOO

<modsnip> ... one can transmit the virus without ‘feeling sick.’

My dh and I often stop by our local places (some owned by friends) and sit at the bar for a bite to eat and a beer or glass of wine. We thought about going to our friend’s restaurant on Sat. night to support him & his family. Then we thought it would be irresponsible if there was a chance we could transmit the virus to his other regular patrons, to his staff or to him.

We do not have the virus, but we are going to respect the 14 day isolation period recommended for everyone to ensure that we neither catch it nor transmit it. It’s a small price to pay.
IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
NYC To Close Restaurants And Bars - News & Guts Media

On Sunday, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio decided it was time to close New York City bars and restaurants effective Tuesday morning. Restaurants will be allowed to have takeout service. The New York Times writes:

Mayor de Blasio enacted new restrictions on public life in New York City on Sunday night after coming under growing pressure from other elected officials.

The other officials had raised growing alarms that the city was moving far too slowly as the coronavirus outbreak spread.

I bet this is going on nonstop.

I spoke with a friend in San Jose, she said in her area most people seem to be staying in. So good for SJ. Moo
Infected dance teacher boarded Air New Zealand flight from Australia after breaking out of self-quarantine as he waited for his coronavirus test results

Australian dance teacher with coronavirus flew to New Zealand despite being told to self-isolate | Daily Mail Online

I can’t believe the reckless stupidity of some people. There needs to be tough penalties to stop people endangering lives.

I think Obama originally posted that like 3-4 days ago
;):rolleyes::D
ahh the good old days.

Stephen king has denied any connection (on Twitter !!! My new go to for info ha)

Dang....mark this day. Trump and Obama agreeing on something.....thank God..

If you’re wondering whether it’s an overreaction to cancel large gatherings and public events (and I love basketball), here’s a useful primer as to why these measures can slow the spread of the virus and save lives. We have to look out for each other. How canceled events and self-quarantines save lives, in one chart

Barack Obama on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

<modsnip> ... one can transmit the virus without ‘feeling sick.’

My dh and I often stop by our local places (some owned by friends) and sit at the bar for a bite to eat and a beer or glass of wine. We thought about going to our friend’s restaurant on Sat. night to support him & his family. Then we thought it would be irresponsible if there was a chance we could transmit the virus to his other regular patrons, to his staff or to him.

We do not have the virus, but we are going to respect the 14 day isolation period recommended for everyone to ensure that we neither catch it nor transmit it. It’s a small price to pay.

Or possibly are restaurants your main customers? It sounds like you live on a farm.

This is affecting EVERYONE's livelihoods. That is just the reality and it stinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
they've actually already donated but the attorney general says that doesn't preclude them being criminally charged

er not the attorney general but whoever the high ranking gov't attorney is there
Yah, they only donated because they were ordered to stop selling and price gouging.

They rented u-hauls and traveled around emptying the shelves. They created the subsequent panic, imo. I wish they were penalised for that destructive behaviour somehow.

Last edited:
NYC To Close Restaurants And Bars - News & Guts Media

On Sunday, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio decided it was time to close New York City bars and restaurants effective Tuesday morning. Restaurants will be allowed to have takeout service. The New York Times writes:

Mayor de Blasio enacted new restrictions on public life in New York City on Sunday night after coming under growing pressure from other elected officials.

The other officials had raised growing alarms that the city was moving far too slowly as the coronavirus outbreak spread.
But I thought COVID-19 was very susceptible to alcohol due to its weak envelope cell structure. What are they thinking?!:D

Well, it finally happened; I work in an adult store and we sell (or, well, sold,) sanitizing wipes and spray cleaner. Most of them are antibacterial, which WON'T help against coronavirus. Yesterday, a lady peeked into the shop, carrying a shopping bag.

"Excuse me," she said. "I've... never been in here before, but, I was walking by, and... YOU don't happened to have sanitizing spray do you?"

"We do, actually," I said, "um, right over here with the toy cleaner and the condoms."

"Oh, bless, Trader Joes was totally out, and I was coming to the Big 5 and I saw your sign..."

She bought a bottle of spray and some wipes (again, the kind that are only antibacterial, the spray is hypochlorous acid so possibly helpful) and then- it was like a stampede. Nobody said anything, but all the other customers suddenly had to be over on that side of the store, adding piles of cleaning products to their existing purchases. My coworker and I were a bit stunned- we knew panic buying was a thing, but seeing it in action- at an adult store no less- was wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member