Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, This morning I spoke with my nurse regarding my low grade fevers, dry cough and headaches since the 6th of March. My nurse feels this could be from having sinusitis. The post nasal drip going down the back of my throat is causing the dry cough. Since there is pollen in the air allergies could also be a factor. I will be putting away my dark thoughts and stop thinking it might be the virus. Everyone thank you again for caring about how I feel. What a great group of people we have here.
I am so happy for you. What a relief!

Coronavirus-hit Italy warns those aged 80 or older 'will be left to die'

Officials say medical conditions are war-like with doctors forced to choose who lives based on age and health condition, says medic

To receive medical care, a patient must be under the age of 80 and have fewer than 5 known ailments, according to a documents seen by The Telegraph.

The document, produced by the civil protection department of the Piedmont region, one of the worst regions hit, is a new guideline for staff.

It reads: "The criteria for access to intensive therapy in cases of emergency must include age of less than 80 or a score on the Charlson comorbidity Index [which indicates how many other medical conditions the patient has] of less than 5."

Here's the Charlson scale, if you want to check your score: Charlson Comorbidity Index (CCI) - MDCalc

Quick tip: if you have to be out in public like me traveling today. Glove one hand. Use that hand to touch things the public has. Use your other non gloved hand to touch your things, your door handles, your keys, your phone etc. then once you are back in your vehicle, appropriately remove the glove and dispose. Sanitize to be sure. Considered Lysoling the pump but I’m saving it for my hotel room. Lots of people on the road. Figure they are driving instead of flying. One more stop before the hotel. My boss still thinks it’s way overblown and people are just trying to get out of work and all of it just makes him mad so yeah..my schedule won’t change.

We experienced the acrobatics involved in sanitizing after filling up the car with gas and going through the drive through at the bank. Witnessed a lady sanitizing her hands after using the atm. And using wipes to wipe down her steering wheel.

BREAKING: Canada will close the border to foreigners, Prime Minister Trudeau says
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

That's big news. There are a lot of families who live near the U.S. Canadian border who travel back and forth for work, etc. on a regular basis (weekly or daily). Wonder how that will work. In my case I have dual citizenship, but my spouse doesn't have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency. You can only get permanent residency for your spouse if you live in Canada, even if you are a Canadian abroad. If we have to go and take care of family, we wouldn't be able to both get across the border.

Edited by me for spelling typo

Last edited:
Wow, just checking in. 155 cases now in Florida.
Also, a cruise ship let passengers disembark without screenings in Miami yesterday after a person had to be taken off due to positive testing for coronavirus. Everyone on the cruise scattered like roaches.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article241209366.html
How many coronavirus cases are there in Florida? Check the state's interactive coronavirus map

I think ALL cruises lines should stop sailing during this international health crisis. As most of you know, DH and I are big fans of cruising with at least 30 sailings in our cruise history. That said, neither of us would board a ship right now, and we wouldn't fly anywhere, either. A cruise ship is a veritable human Petrie dish, for G-d's sake! Stop sailing and save lives.

Everyone who still thinks this is just as bad or less than the flu should read this:

I hope the UK government changes their approach fast!
  • Half of the 300 coronavirus patients in intensive care in France are under 60, the country's top health official, Jerome Salomon, said over the weekend.

• The World Health Organization has suggested that the coronavirus most seriously affects older people.

• This assumption appears to have held true in Italy and has influenced governments' health advice, including in the US and the UK.

• Salomon also said France was struggling to contain the outbreak as people ignore the country's recommendations to avoid gathering in public places.

• France is one of the worst-hit countries in Europe, with more than 5,000 cases as of Monday.
In France, more than half of coronavirus patients in intensive care are under 60, suggesting it's not just the elderly at risk

Hi everyone, This morning I spoke with my nurse regarding my low grade fevers, dry cough and headaches since the 6th of March. My nurse feels this could be from having sinusitis. The post nasal drip going down the back of my throat is causing the dry cough. Since there is pollen in the air allergies could also be a factor. I will be putting away my dark thoughts and stop thinking it might be the virus. Everyone thank you again for caring about how I feel. What a great group of people we have here.

I have been thinking about you hourly!! So GLAD to hear!!

It reassures me as well. I’ve been having a dry cough for days, and slight asthma which got worse, since mid-February. And now swollen glands. No fever.

But I found out I had been under medicating with my preventative inhaler and also I stopped using Claritin due to it making me nervous. And I think I’m just having a lot of allergies. I feel pressure in the cavities? around my ears/jaw and post-nasal drip dripping into the back of throat a lot.

But I’m super glad to hear your news. It’s really good to hear. I know you’ve been worried and I know we’ve all been feeling sad for what you’ve been going through.

Officials say medical conditions are war-like with doctors forced to choose who lives based on age and health condition, says medic

To receive medical care, a patient must be under the age of 80 and have fewer than 5 known ailments, according to a documents seen by The Telegraph.

The document, produced by the civil protection department of the Piedmont region, one of the worst regions hit, is a new guideline for staff.

It reads: "The criteria for access to intensive therapy in cases of emergency must include age of less than 80 or a score on the Charlson comorbidity Index [which indicates how many other medical conditions the patient has] of less than 5."

Oh @gregjrichards That is so depressing. It must be very bad.

Yes! We have a pretty big garden. I weighed my veg two years ago and grew almost a literal ton. I have a lot of greens in the garden now as well as carrots etc. I've started lots of peppers and eggplant that are ready to plant as soon as it's safe. And I've started tomatoes and then grafted them. We have a lot of tomato diseases and this has produced the best tomatoes for us. 28 trays of plants started already: lettuce, broccoli, cabbages, collards, arugula etc.

I'm online now looking at more seeds. lol I started some okra in a tray today as well as some zinnias. I have a feeling this will be the best year ever since we'll all be stuck at home!
What do you use for starter/potting soil? I have had a lot of trouble with some seeds...

That's big news. There are a lot of families who live near the U.S. Canadian border who travel back and forth for work, etc. on a regular basis (weekly or daily). Wonder how that will work. In my case I have dual citizenship, but my spouse doesn't have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency. You can only get permanent residency for your spouse if you live in Canada, even if you are a Canadian abroad. If we have to go and take care of family, we wouldn't be able to both get across the boarder.

Canada closing borders to noncitizens because of coronavirus, U.S. citizens exempt from ban 'for the moment'
Canada is closing its borders to noncitizens because of the coronavirus pandemic, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said.
U.S. citizens are exempt from the ban “for the moment,” he said.

We experienced the acrobatics involved in sanitizing after filling up the car with gas and going through the drive through at the bank. Witnessed a lady sanitizing her hands after using the atm. And using wipes to wipe down her steering wheel.

I’m glad people are doing that though. It all helps. Better than last week when I got weird looks from a couple in a car at the gas station because I used a disinfectant wipe and gloves. The woman sat in her car eating french fries with her fingers as she typed on her phone. Same fingers. I watched.

One other thing I thought about today is that very soon, at least in the Midwest where I live, local farmers markets will be opening soon. If people are being careful, they probably won't be going around handling all of the fresh produce that was just handled by someone else or they will just stay away which means another small business could fail. It is sad.
Everyone should be thoroughly washing all fruits and veggies from any place they get them for sure.
I have never done that, but I did wash my grapes the other day with a 10% bleach solution and rinsed them well.
All I could picture was that little coronavirus icon all over them!
I'd almost prefer my fruit and veggies come from a local small market, or to be sold from the back of the grower's pick up truck!
At least then I know where they have been!
Lol
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads