Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CALIFORNIA

Bay Area 'shelter in place' expected: Only essential businesses open in 6 counties with 6.7 million people until April 7
Six Bay Area counties are expected to announce a “shelter in place” order for all residents on Monday, directing everyone to stay inside their homes and away from others as much as possible for the next three weeks as public health officials desperately try to curb the rapid spread of coronavirus across the region.

County authorities were expected to announce the move at 1 p.m. and gave a draft of the order to media outlets to prepare. The Chronicle is reporting the story after a television station published the news early.

The directive begins at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday and involves San Francisco, Santa Clara, San Mateo, Marin, Contra Costa and Alameda counties — a combined population of more than 6.7 million. It is to stay in place until at least April 7. Three other Bay Area counties — Sonoma, Solano and Napa — were not immediately included.

[...]

ANDREW CUOMO

President Trump: Deploy the Army Corps of Engineers to build temporary medical facilities, so that when hospitals are overwhelmed, we can move people into the temporary facilities.
It’s only a matter of time before our state's ICU beds fill up.
The federal gov't must act.

Andrew Cuomo on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

I was really feeling helpless so I ordered tons of cat food from Chewy.com. I live in a very urban blighted neighborhood where people just don't care. When they let their animals out to fend for themselves they can come here and get food and water. 3 of my cats( nicest in the world) came from the street as they were someone elses throw aways.
You truly ARE an ANGEL!

Irish citizens urged not to travel overseas until March 29 as coronavirus cases expected to soar 30pc each day
  • 15,000 coronavirus cases expected to be diagnosed in Ireland by end of the month
  • Health system to launch massive recruitment campaign tomorrow
  • Emergency legislation to be introduced to detain and isolate people who have Covid-19
Irish citizens are being urged not to travel abroad before March 29, including to England.

The request to stop non-essential travel does not apply to Northern Ireland.

Irish citizens urged not to travel overseas until March 29 as coronavirus cases expected to soar 30pc each day

I was really feeling helpless so I ordered tons of cat food from Chewy.com. I live in a very urban blighted neighborhood where people just don't care. When they let their animals out to fend for themselves they can come here and get food and water. 3 of my cats( nicest in the world) came from the street as they were someone elses throw aways.

Thank you for doing this. It is inspirational.

I think ALL cruises lines should stop sailing during this international health crisis. As most of you know, DH and I are big fans of cruising with at least 30 sailings in our cruise history. That said, neither of us would board a ship right now, and we wouldn't fly anywhere, either. A cruise ship is a veritable human Petrie dish, for G-d's sake! Stop sailing and save lives.
Chile just closed its ports to cruise ships. Also closed border land entries. Closed schools. Irish passengers on cruise ship denied entry to Chile

Chile asks to evacuate cruise ship passengers

Countries around South America, including Argentina and Chile, are closing their borders to non-residents amid fears the virus could take hold in the region in the same way it has in parts of Asia and Europe. Peru deploys military to slow coronavirus spread; Chile closes borders

Last edited:
Just spent almost $400,000 on a receiving line that throws and sorts itself, letting the receiving team to not come in to work.

A sign of the times, would have lost my job with a purchase like that a month ago

So funny, we have these "mock ups" for various emergencies. Now, reality is that they are BS. Who put no school, daycare, or grandparents able to watch kids in the plan? Whoops! Now, everyone is literally starting from square one. And the information keeps evolving, every single hour.

Do you ever try the saline solution nose rinse?

Yes. I saw my doctor last week and she asked if I was using it. I’ve been paranoid though because I get worried if I encounter anyone (like yesterday walking a bike trail) that their germs go in my nose and then if I use it it can make the virus go into my nasal cavities. Probably being silly.

But I know of a woman (through a family member) who got SARS. She and another man were trying to get from somewhere in Asia to a connecting flight and had to run because their initial flight was delayed. She was running behind the guy who was hugging and puffing (and I think coughing). She got it a few days later. Brutal.

So I had some bike riders pass me. Granted it’s open air but I’m pretty nervous right now and so I worried about doing the nasal rinse last night.

I’m certainly feeling pressure in my sinuses today though. And I ultimately did do it last night. I will do it again today.

US tells older people to stay home, all ages to avoid crowds

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The White House on Monday urged all older Americans to stay home and everyone to avoid crowds and eating out at restaurants as part of sweeping guidelines meant to combat an expected surge of coronavirus cases.

President Donald Trump and the coronavirus task force released the guidelines as the U.S. government moved to try to blunt the impact of the virus, racing to bolster testing and aid even as financial markets fell and Americans scrambled to reorder their lives...

Apparently Trump is live right now with breaking news.

“Among the new recommendations: Over the next 15 days, Americans should not gather in groups of more than 10 people, schooling should be at home and discretionary travel and social visits should be avoided. If anyone in a household tests positive for the virus, everyone who lives there should stay home.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member