Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sitting in the Dentist chair waiting to be numb for a root canal. I got lucky, Dentist office decided today they will be closing for a few weeks (at a minimum). These things that we don’t think about are what scares me the most. I didn’t expect to have throbbing tooth pain last night! We can’t plan for everything but can just do our best.
Philadelphia

I was really feeling helpless so I ordered tons of cat food from Chewy.com. I live in a very urban blighted neighborhood where people just don't care. When they let their animals out to fend for themselves they can come here and get food and water. 3 of my cats( nicest in the world) came from the street as they were someone elses throw aways.
Thank you for this. Animals need people like you.

Almost every cat I ever have owned has come into my life after either being dropped off, or wandering into, or being born in my yard. The two I have now included. I simply cannot look the other way. And those I don't end up keeping, I find homes for.

ETA I did have up to 5 at one point, all living inside. Guess I'm a true "cat lady."

My first thought re: the Live White House Conference is that they themselves are not practicing the example of social distancing.

WHO has already been doing their convergences remotely.

Pulling forward msm on WH conference.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/article241221491.html

—-

Government response updates: Trump issues stricter guidelines to stop virus spread
March 16, 2020, 2:10 PM

“My administration is recommending that all Americans, including the young and healthy, work to engage in schooling from home when possible, avoid gathering in groups of more than ten people, avoid discretionary travel and avoid eating and drinking in bars, restaurants, and public food courts,” Trump said. “If everyone makes this change or these critical changes and sacrifices now, we will rally together as one nation and we will defeat the virus, and we are going to have a big celebration altogether. With several weeks of focused action, we can turn the corner and turn it quickly -- a lot of progress has been made.””

[...]

“"It's important for the young and healthy people to understand that while they may experience milder symptoms, they can easily spread this virus and they will spread it indeed, putting countless others in harm's way,” Trump said.”

I was really feeling helpless so I ordered tons of cat food from Chewy.com. I live in a very urban blighted neighborhood where people just don't care. When they let their animals out to fend for themselves they can come here and get food and water. 3 of my cats( nicest in the world) came from the street as they were someone elses throw aways.

Thank you so much for doing this. I’m very worried for animals too especially pets if their owners become seriously ill with the virus.

Took a two mile dog walk in the hills. Got me out of this thread for a bit. It's quiet and still on the street. Just started raining again and the birds are singing to the storm.
I ventured to CVS as I needed my face wash. And Rumchata.
not many people there. Picked up some ice cream, flour, chicken broth powder, milk for the freezer, mac and cheese cups, Cheetos. Always Cheetos. Puffy. Oh, and Cadbury eggs.
Sales woman had on gloves. Wipes counter pretty regularly to protect herself. I thanked her for working, she was touched.
No one in masks. Most looked like they didn't have a care in the world.
Monrovia, CA. @11 am
I love Cheetos too. However, my new favorite is Chee Wees produced by Elmers Co. It’s a Small New Orleans company. They ship! I have my stash hidden from my grands who live a few houses down.

Live updates: Trump says outbreak could last months and gatherings should be limited to 10 people
Here are some other significant developments:
  • President Trump told governors Monday that states should work on getting respirators and ventilators, and not wait for the federal government to provide them. The president’s comment was confirmed by multiple officials briefed on the call to governors earlier today.
  • We have not seen an urgent enough escalation in testing, isolation and contact tracing, which is the backbone of the response,” the director general of the World Health Organization said at a news conference.
  • When you look at the projections, there’s every chance that we could be Italy,” the U.S. surgeon general warned Monday. Widespread social distancing could help change that trajectory, he said.
  • The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is urging a nationwide halt to gatherings of more than 50 people for the next eight weeks. About 3,500 coronavirus cases have been reported in the United States, though experts suspect the true number is much higher.
  • More people have died of the coronavirus outside of China than inside, a worrying sign of how quickly the virus has spread beyond the country where it first emerged.
  • U.S. markets plunged, despite the Federal Reserve’s emergency interest rate cut to zero.

I love Cheetos too. However, my new favorite is Chee Wees produced by Elmers Co. It’s a Small New Orleans company. They ship! I have my stash hidden from my grands who live a few houses down.

My poor son is trapped in NOLA all alone. I wish he’d come home now that classes are online the rest of the year. He graduates in May but it’s sounding like there won’t be a graduation now. I haven’t canceled our plane tickets yet since the airline isn’t refunding per se. I’ll ask if he’s ever tried the CWs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc