Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not over until its over... nobody singing...

Singapore has done a remarkable job of containing COVID-19 to date, but case numbers are starting to climb and - like many countries - they may have some difficult decisions ahead. 17 new COVID-19 infections in Singapore in largest single-day increase to date Adam Kucharski on Twitter
Adam Kucharski on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

Oh no. They were doing so well with their “disease mapping”...Doc T even mentioned them as an good example a while back...

These are the concerning types of flare ups that can occur. Moo.

Last edited:
NY Scrambles to Find Hospital Beds to Avoid COVID-19 ‘Tragedy’
NY Governor warns that the state healthcare system is about to be overwhelmed

“New York is scrambling to increase its healthcare capacity before a "wave" of coronavirus patients breaks on the hospital system.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo addressed the desperate shortage in hospital beds Monday morning in a press conference. He called on the federal government to provide urgent assistance in increasing capacity, warning that the current trajectory of new cases shows the system is about to be overwhelmed.

"You'll have this influx you can't handle, you overwhelm the hospitals, you have people on gurneys in hallways -- that is what is going to happen now if we do nothing, and that, my friends, will be a tragedy," the governor said. The state of New York has 950 cases as of Monday and nearly 500 of those are in New York City.”

—-

Oh GOD, visions of Wuhan...the crowded packed packed hospital hallways and waiting rooms, dead bodies lying in the waiting room, medical workers losing it that they “can’t take it anymore”, lines around the hospitals...

The only place I really want to shop is Menards and Sherwin Williams. I'm off work so I might was well make use of the time and get some of these home improvement projects done. That will be my part of helping the economy during this crazy pandemic.

Tracking Every Coronavirus Case in the U.S.: Full Map

“The number of known coronavirus cases in the United States continues to surge. As of Tuesday morning, at least 4,482 people in 49 states, plus Washington, D.C., and three U.S. territories, have tested positive for the coronavirus, according to a New York Times database, and at least 86 patients with the virus have died.”

This is nothing compared to the numbers will be seeing, moo.

“Several hundred new cases are now being identified each day, including about 700 on both Saturday and Sunday, and the pace of diagnosis is expected to quicken as the virus spreads and testing becomes more widely available. More state and private labs have started running tests for the coronavirus in recent days, increasing the capacity to identify new patients after weeks of delays and test kit shortages.

The outbreak looks vastly different today than it did just a couple of weeks ago. At the start of March, 70 cases had been reported in the United States, most of them tied to overseas travel. Since then, new cases have poured in, including more than 200 announced on Monday in New York State alone. More than 2,200 cases have been announced nationwide since Friday morning, and the virus is now spreading in parts of the country where it had not been identified as recently as a week ago.”

FLORIDA-
Inconsistency in adhering to CDC recommendations throughout the state.
Dept. of Health criticized for lack of transparency and too little information given.
New numbers and reports are released late at night or later. Inaccuracies in numbers of testing cases
and pending cases just keep growing. Statistically there are another 220 positive cases in the pipeline that just keeps growing.
160 reported cases may actually be 280 or more. Dept. of Health new case map introduced yesterday to improve transparency
is already offline, bogged down.
No adults in the room here. The party goes on.

Florida coronavirus cases grow to 160 with five deaths. State, residents struggle to keep up.

The only place I really want to shop is Menards and Sherwin Williams. I'm off work so I might was well make use of the time and get some of these home improvement projects done. That will be my part of helping the economy during this crazy pandemic.
Pssst........Sherwin Williams has N95 8511 and 8512 masks most of the time......It's a secret.....Shhhhhhhhh...........moo

I just returned from shopping for more supplies. Until yesterday I thought that I was all set but when I learned that we many still be going through this until summer, I thought that I would feel more comfortable with a few more of certain items (COFFEE). There were lots of bare shelves and I had to make many substitutions but I feel good about what I was able to get (COFFEE). What really surprised me was the attitude of the employees in the 2 stores that I went to. I live in a small, rather isolated area and our people are always so down to earth, helpful, and friendly. Not today. I understand how they feel. So many other people are home in their jammies and the grocery store employees are working their butts off. I made a point of thanking them profusely and even thanked them by their names (from their employee badge).

Ok, so now I am done, done, done! I am in for at least a month. My 2 little dogs are the best company and somehow seem to take up all of my time. How did I let that happen?
Lol. Night before last I was awake for hours worrying that I didn’t have enough COFFEE. Made a run yesterday and got more, so now I feel better. Priorities. :D

“Several hundred new cases are now being identified each day, including about 700 on both Saturday and Sunday, and the pace of diagnosis is expected to quicken as the virus spreads and testing becomes more widely available. More state and private labs have started running tests for the coronavirus in recent days, increasing the capacity to identify new patients after weeks of delays and test kit shortages.

The outbreak looks vastly different today than it did just a couple of weeks ago. At the start of March, 70 cases had been reported in the United States, most of them tied to overseas travel. Since then, new cases have poured in, including more than 200 announced on Monday in New York State alone. More than 2,200 cases have been announced nationwide since Friday morning, and the virus is now spreading in parts of the country where it had not been identified as recently as a week ago.”

And there should be a note indicating these numbers are reflective of those tested. What would the numbers look like if everyone who needed a test was able to be tested?

I made my last trip to the store yesterday. I walked in the door saying what I have, I have. If I've forgotten it, I didn't really need it. No more trips to the store for me. As prepared for the family as I can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc