Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Quarantine Questions:

What am I GRATEFUL for today?
Who am I CHECKING IN ON or CONNECTING WITH today?
What expectations of "normal" am I LETTING GO of today?
How am I GETTING OUTSIDE today?
How am I MOVING MY BODY today?
What BEAUTY am I either creating, cultivating, or inviting in today?

One of my dearest friends heads up a branch of the program called Family Promise in her city. (familypromise .org) This list of questions is her message today. I think it puts so much into perspective. I hope you appreciate it as much as I do.

Who can I help!???

He said about 7:25 minutes into this video that it looks like melatonin may have a role in decreasing inflammation in the really sick. Goes on to explain that kids have high melatonin and may be why they aren’t getting as sick.

Oh that's wonderful. I have some of that too. Adding melatonin to our daily regimen along with Airborne (mostly for the zinc), vitamin D and anti-malarial pills. We are taking these things all spread out over the day to reduce any small chance of interactions. Anyone have advice on when is best to take the melatonin? I'm thinking at night before bedtime? :cool:

One inadvertent benefit of the pandemic is the revelations of how badly some governments and businesses are operating. Hubs was just talking about the large company he works for. He said they've spent millions on disaster preparedness for their IT, but are completely unprepared for helping employees work from home, running their customer service center, etc. Employees don't have the basic equipment they need to access their jobs from home.

Oh- we rarely have much if any extra work at home equipment for our W@H team, and things break or fail quite often. Only 2 of the huge IT team actually can do more than read from a manual when we call in for help. They rely on us being able to drive to the building if needed. Setting up over 15000 world wide to work from home? not going to happen

We have clients that do not allow our company to use work at home agents. They may be regretting that soon.

Last edited:
Well, people I work with are still going to work. There are only about 40 of us and we are sheltered from a lot of people but still..... I am expecting to get told to show up at work or hit the road. Even department stores have drastically adjusted their hours. What is wrong with my co-workers??? Are they trying to be saints???

Happy St. Patrick's Day. This was a special holiday to my dad. He passed away last summer.

Oh that's wonderful. I have some of that too. Adding melatonin to our daily regimen along with Airborne (mostly for the zinc), vitamin D and anti-malarial pills. We are taking these things all spread out over the day to reduce any small chance of interactions. Anyone have advice on when is best to take the melatonin? I'm thinking at night before bedtime? :cool:
Yes, it helps you sleep.

How are you feeling today, friend?

You’re smart and if anyone can make it through this it will be you.

You are a major part of our front lines here.

As I’ve said so many times, the front lines will take the hardest hit. I didn’t think that would carry over to WS.

Imo you are one of many others here MOO that will be faced with the problem of potentially having the virus.
You are not the only one - you are only the first.

I’ve been wanting to move here into the phase of expecting this to happen and what to do then.

Thank you for helping us through your own journey and providing your insight and experiences going forward.

Will be sending healing thoughts your way always, G.

Your WS partner in crime,
M.

Last edited:

Before bed- depending on your digestive system- about a half hour to an hour before. Maybe longer. It's trial and error. You will know when it kicks in. Don't forget to up your potassium too

Last edited:
I take melatonin to help me sleep. Be careful with it, it can make you very sleepy!

"My bar is closed". We knew that was coming. Are the liquor stores still open? Then drink at home and quit complaining. Smh.
I agree, but I think denial is pretty powerful and some people’s brains continue to deny longer than others. No idea why, maybe protection from losing it completely? Too much too fast? Perhaps just selfish. I don’t know, but I’ve been slow to accept this, but at the same time I was social distancing. I agree people need to get on board, sooner than later to make this work.

Gah! Our power just went out. Planned maintenance but they didn't notify anyone! Power restore by 4pm?

Now I got to worry about our food in the freezer going bad!

Wow, that is bad. Several years ago a tornado uprooted 10 trees in my yard and we did not have power for a week. Now, I have a full house generator for when the power goes off.
Hope the freezer does not thaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member