Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree Betty!

I've said this before, but will say it again...ignorance is very dangerous for us all.

The ones who refuse to sacrifice anything are the very ones who will keep putting everyone else at risk.

Why so many seem to be so self absorbed is really chilling, and in comprehensible to me. Perhaps they haven't ever had to sacrifice anything during their life in order to help or protect others. IDK, but it needs to stop.

Jmho

I've worked in health advocacy for a long time. When it comes to critical illnesses and the real life consequences, most people keep their heads in the sand. They don't acknowledge problems until it happens to them personally. Like "Oh, I just got cancer and my boss laid me off. Now I don't have health insurance or an income and I'm going to lose everything. Why isn't there any help? Why isn't there a government program to help me? Where are the charities? I thought this happened to other people, not me."

Cuomo really is doing a good job. This is one of those times when experience and skill count. I don't always agree with him on everything, but he's doing the right thing. He has a very big, complicated job that few people are qualified to do. Giving everyone a lesson in civics - how your government works. Another reason why we shouldn't be electing celebrities and CEO's to high public office.

His voice sounds like his dad.

Mad respect for putting political differences aside and talking about working together.

“We share a common enemy”
-Doc T

I don’t understand why we weren’t building hospital beds/rooms etc back in January? Maybe they were, idk. We saw China had to build two hospitals in ten days and they did it.

Dr. Mike and Doc Tedros have made me a better person. I can hear them talking to me when I say certain things like I just said.

They would say (paraphrasing what they’ve already said several times on various issues) that we need to move forward. We can’t change the past.
This is not about blame.

We have today.

We learn from everything that happens.

Moo.

When you recall China building hospitals in 10 days, don't forget about the 2 year old hotel which collapsed while filled with sick patients. If it can't be done safely, don't do it. Not ever thing can be rushed.

I drove past IKEA here in my town. The parking lot was crowded. Like a normal day. WTH????? I guess we really do need to close this stuff down to save us from the morons. NOTHING at IKEA is necessary....IMHO

Edited to say I am in Michigan.

I am in MI too. I am going to take a drive after working (from home). Last time I was out, I didn't see much going on.

I live in a major college town.

I've just came home from grocery shopping, and the toilet paper was gone (I'd like to have a serious talk with the person/s who began spreading the need for TP hoarding). It's not that I need to buy TP at the moment, but it's one of the things I buy whenever I open a new package, so that I won't be without.

There were also less pasta than usually, and the oats for porridge were almost sold out. More surprising was that the 1 kilogram packages of sugar were gone, and also the packages of ecological sugar (which I needed to buy for my tea). Otherwise, the fruit and vegetable section was amply stocked, as well as bread.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s rough.

Good idea to run the ice machine now and maybe make some ice blocks, get ice etc to help sustain the freezer IF that happens. It will take up room but can help keep things cold longer.

Thank you. Turned on ice cubes.

Our rural electric service is so bad that even a mild storm sometimes knocks out our power. We finally got fed up and got a medium generator and as soon as the power goes out, we start a timer, and if it stays out more than 2 hours, we drag out the generator and hook up the Fridge, and chest freezer to the generator. We run it outside the kitchen in the yard and run the long thick extension cords through the bottom of the kitchen window. It works like a charm to make sure our fridge and freezer items dont go bad.

They are pretty easy to learn to use the small portable generators. You just need to be sure to check the gasoline level and make sure you dont run too many Amps through it depending on the size of the generator you get. Ours is a medium size one so it can push the Fridge, Freezer, and a lamp or even a TV or radio along with it.

If you can run a lawnmower engine, then you can run a portable generator.

When you recall China building hospitals in 10 days, don't forget about the 2 year old hotel which collapsed while filled with sick patients. If it can't be done safely, don't do it. Not ever thing can be rushed.

Yes and I’m glad you brought this up.

Here’s why.

Chen Q (the now missing journalist who went in the hospitals and filmed) spoke with a doctor about one of the quarantine facilities they were building.

That doctor said that these buildings were not suitable because there were no isolation units, high chance of cross infection, etc.

There’s a lot to this and you’re absolutely right.

It’s like PPE - improper use can lead to more problems.

This is again why everything we have learned so far gives everyone a big advantage, as long as they’re able to open their eyes and really learn.

... This is what happens when you get distracted and stop having any control over your elected officials.

I believe that some elected officials do not turn to the official medical spokesperson. I'm always happy to hear when our elected officials begin their announcements with "Upon the advice of the Medical Officer of Health ..." . When our leaders do not go to the proper source for their information, then people are likely to believe whatever information suits them.

Coronavirus vaccine trial underway in Seattle: Photos of first shots

(Uses Messenger RNA)

The first shots in the first vaccine trial for the new coronavirus were administered Monday as a small group of volunteers in Seattle will receive varying doses over the next several weeks to test the safety of the experimental vaccine.

Doctors at Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle gave the first shots in the trial aimed at combating the spread of COVID-19.

"Finding a safe and effective vaccine to prevent infection with SARS-CoV-2 is an urgent public health priority," National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci said in a statement. "This Phase 1 study, launched in record speed, is an important first step toward achieving that goal."

I really do think they can get this through clinical trials in less than a year. It happened before with the Asian Flu in the US in 1957-1958, when the pandemic hit in the spring and they had a vaccine by October.

1957-1958 Pandemic (H2N2 virus) | Pandemic Influenza (Flu) | CDC
Asian flu of 1957 | pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads