Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy. This is one piece of news that I wish officials could have secretly kept it to themselves. Not good to be announcing this as the future vandals and other future petty criminals may think this is a free ticket to go on a vandalism spree.

Im praying for everyone at this point. We are all in this together and we need some divine intervention to help us all.
Okay so if you're a police officer who takes the job seriously, care about the community you serve and you know you won't be able to protect them from these criminals, would you keep it a secret from them? At first I thought it was stupid but now I think it was a warning to potential victims.

Meanwhile, in Florida.....

Here is another Florida beach. The people interviewed have no concerns regarding the virus.

Fort Myers Beach packed with visitors despite Coronavirus concerns.

Precautions were taken in an effort to minimize the spread of coronavirus across the state, leading to school closures and longer spring breaks, many visitors extending their stay in Southwest Florida. One man said he is not afraid of coronavirus.

The virus will not stop them from enjoying the area Fort Meyers beach packed.

Concerns about the virus is not stopping beach goers, or local businesses. People are disappointed about the event cancellations.

One ignorant man in this video says the festivities should have been continued, not cancelled.

He said, "I understands the concern behind cancelling events, but I do not like fact that everyone followed the leader and they just do things because everyone else has done them." (canelled events) Despite a change in plans, they are choosing to thrive on a little life experience.

"We live in a society with a lot of viruses and stuff and we lived and continued to live through them. So I firmly believe we should continue that way to live life to the fullest each and every day."

coronavirus_us.png
Get the latest information from the CDC about COVID-19

NEW: A White House source tells me Trump administration is looking at shutting down the southern AND northern borders to undocumented immigrants, asylum seekers, and other foreigners attempting to enter U.S. from Mexico and Canada illegally. Canadian nationals would be exempt.
Yamiche Alcindor on Twitter

Will Canadian nationals be able to get back home? I thought Trudeau was sealing the border.

I have no idea how merely trying to keep out "illegals" is supposed to help control this thing. People are heading to Mexico to be tested, and will still be able to come back. There appears to be no plan for taking temperatures at the border (probably impossible).

Anyway, the illegals are already banned, so that's nothing new.

NYC mayor warns residents to prepare for shelter-in-place order

Decision made in the next 48 hours

New York state has the most infections in the U.S. -- more than 1,300 cases of coronavirus including four Brooklyn Nets players.

This is from my local news - someone had mentioned when manufacturers would close or slow down.

• GE Appliances is reducing manufacturing operations starting with first shift Friday, March 20 through Friday, April 3 Decatur Plant operations will go to 1 line per shift
The store Belk that I mentioned earlier today that had reduced their hours is now closing until the end of March. Another Mall store that is closing for a few weeks. I just keep seeing bankruptcies for businesses and workers.

A European doctor figured out a way too make ONE ventilator work for 9 patients at once!

#COVID19 Heard from a European doc: "Every ventilator becomes like gold. Anyone who needs a ventilator but can't get one will die..." Every US hospital preparing for #coronavirus should consider this genius workaround to increase ventilator capacity! https://youtube.com/watch?v=uClq978oohY&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1EFEdzrgi_tBkvlPg02oBhJt5KDzpm-dqPHxO_1tDy5lW-sLXTbVjNEjk…
Quote Tweet

jTqrlkcw_normal.jpg

alan drummond

@alandrummond2
· 4h
So in ten minutes the evil genius who is one of our GP anaesthetists (with a PhD in diaphragmatic mechanics) increased our rural hospitals ventilator capacity from one to nine!!!

This guy should get the Nobel Peace Prize!

I drove to pick my mother up today and bring her to my house to isolate. I noticed many gyms, stores and restaurants packed with people and full parking lots. (West Central Florida)

Yes, I agree. My daughter is so scared having to work, because her company won't shut down, or take any measures to insure safety. She lives paycheck to paycheck, and has a 2 year old daughter. I was her babysitter until last week, when I decided to isolate at home with my 90 year old mother.

So sorry this is happening to her. To you. To all of us.

A Neighbor just brought me a beautiful orchard-- he and his wife are from Canada and they are required to go back to Canada due to health insurance issues-- i feel badly for them - they are such nice people though and the orchard is lovely!!!! there are some really nice people out there- restores my faith in humanity
!!!

you mean orchid?

Trouble with this is then people have to go out more. My 86 year old mom went today to shop for a week's (maybe more) worth of groceries. She wore gloves and carried bleach wipes. She should not be out at all. I want her to stock up.

I just told my parents (in their 80's) they are not to go out, esp. my dad who is ill ... if he gets this, he's dead no question

A very popular local consignment shop chain in our county keeps posting ads on SM inviting people to come shop. They are also taking consignment items as normal. They say it's safe because they wipe the counter down every 2 hours. They have at least 5 shops around here.

someone official needs to tell them to stop (close)

Who would be the most likely to receive these checks?

Video states direct cash payment to most Americans except those at the upper income level. Also the administration wants to send checks right away. Jonathan Karl said the end of April

"MASSIVE RELIEF PLAN: The White House has proposed a $1 trillion relief package as the coronavirus outbreak takes a crushing toll on the economy and jobs – including the possibility of
checks being sent directly to Americans.

More than $1.000 for every American except for those at the upper income levels. The checks will go out by late April, if this all passes quickly. Then a second check for the same amount will go out two months later if we are still in a National Emergency."

video

World News Tonight on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads