Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what bothers me. We knew the Chinese government was lying, the world knew they were lying, and we lost crucial time.
I completely agree. I also think that because of the misinformation not everyone took it seriously until they were too late to do anything. I myself didn't think it would be become what it is today. I remember seeing a customer wearing gloves and a mask and thought "that is going a little overboard". We didn't have any case near us. That was 2 weeks ago and now we have 3 confirmed cases.

Another horror story...
Friend story: small church. Services held inside a senior center. Coronavirus stopped services. Soooo, the pastor invited his congregation to have services at his small condo! Six feet apart? Not even close. Friend decided God would forgive her if she did not attend.

If you have limited immunity, then unfortunately I think the only way forward is limited contact. That’s just the reality of the virus.

In regards to the hoarding, it’s going to stop. The problem isn’t the existence of the products, but their availability from warehouse to store shelves (people are buying them faster than they can be restocked).

Things will start to improve quickly (people only need so much toilet paper), and there’s always Amazon and Walmart.
I live a small town just outside of Dallas and I work at the Wal-Mart the hoarding is not stopping. We run out of stock of everything within hours of opening. We have no TP, water, cleaning supplies and meats of any kind by 9 am everyday.

Here's what I don't get.....how hard are they to make?! We've known about the shortage of masks for healthcare providers for weeks. Why aren't companies working around the clock to crank these masks out for hospitals and ambulances?!?!

I honestly do not understand why this shortage continues.

jmo

The reason is because the entire world, just about every country is scrambling for face masks and supplies.

They are apparently now asking private citizens to make masks. So get on sawing!
"EVANSVILLE, Ind. — Citing shortages, Deaconess Health System, including Henderson's Methodist Health, will ask the public Wednesday to sew face masks for staff fighting coronavirus."
Coronavirus: Deaconess will ask public to sew CDC-compliant face masks for staff
I thought of this the other day. I can definitely do this and so can my quilter and sewing friends. I will be looking for the instructions and spreading the word.

They are apparently now asking private citizens to make masks. So get on sawing!
"EVANSVILLE, Ind. — Citing shortages, Deaconess Health System, including Henderson's Methodist Health, will ask the public Wednesday to sew face masks for staff fighting coronavirus."
Coronavirus: Deaconess will ask public to sew CDC-compliant face masks for staff
Wow- this is back to WW II manufacturing by... all of us! Paraphrased:
“instructions on how to make the masks to CDC guidelines, with how-to video, to be published this afternoon. Masks will be sterilized when they arrive.”

I thought of this the other day. I can definitely do this and so can my quilter and sewing friends. I will be looking for the instructions and spreading the word.
I am also glad they are providing instructions on how to make the masks, instead of claiming masks don't help. At least people who can saw can make some for themselves.

Wow- this is back to WW II manufacturing by... all of us! Paraphrased:
“instructions on how to make the masks to CDC guidelines, with how-to video, to be published this afternoon. Masks will be sterilized when they arrive.”
Better than authorities claiming people in the population shouldn't be wearing masks because masks don't work. I don't appreciate being lied too.

The reason is because the entire world, just about every country is scrambling for face masks and supplies.
Okay. I give up.

The stories of my grandfather working on war projects that happened *FAST* are ingrained enough in me that I thought we could make masks for our front-line workers. But....I guess it's silly of me to think that.

I'm enlightened now. The task is too big. Got it.

I'm dropping the topic.

jmo

I have a vacation home there. They don't even want us to come down.

I received a public service announcement from our management company to please refrain from coming to Cape May County Shore towns. Nothing is open. They are worried the medical facilities and the supply system will be overwhelmed .

I think as the weather gets warmer, it will become more of a problem.
This isn’t our “primary “ home but heck we’ve been hunkered down here going on 3 weeks now. I’m staying put! ; )

Check Peapod.com too, if they deliver in your area.
I just checked and they are not in my area. I am SIP with my 78 yo mother who just sold her Florida beach house and moved into my guest room~I am turning away all visitors and relatives to the home and trying to establish safe spaces, good habits and routines- just to keep some sanity.
jmo

Okay. I give up.

The stories of my grandfather working on war projects that happened *FAST* are ingrained enough in me that I thought we could make masks for our front-line workers. But....I guess it's silly of me to think that.

I'm enlightened now. The task is too big. Got it.

I'm dropping the topic.

jmo
I’m totally with you. At the very least, the My Pillow guy could get this rolling in a day. He does all his manufacturing in giant MN warehouse, complete with a zillion sewing machines & sergers. He could cut up some of those Giza Dream Sheets & solve the shortage in a few days. There must be other companies like this- they’re not ALL in China! Moo

Lampasas venue says they'll still have weddings, says COVID-19 'political tactic' by media
From the article:
"There have only been 69 cases "reportedly" in Texas. Not all have died. Please use some common sense folks. If you are sick, then stay home. If you are healthy, attend the wedding. Just be smart folks! Be wise. Take time to actually learn about this virus. This has been around for many years. I, truly feel this is another political tactic with the media. (My opinion)."

Totally selfish and irresponsible and stupid. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members