Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek::confused:o_O

I have no words. Someone please tell me he was misquoted or his words were taken out of context.

I asked my son about Love in the Time of Plague. He said that he's still using dating apps, and courtship is the new thing. Dates involve bringing a gift such as coffee, flowers, or chocolates, and meetups are sitting on the front lawn 6 feet apart and having a conversation. They still use the apps, they decide what risk level they're comfortable with.

Morning musing. We need to figure out how to keep people off ventilators. You know, I understand we're in uncharted waters but we need to start testing ways to put a halt to this hypoxia sooner. Compassionate trials are fine and dandy but basically people are nearly past the point of no return when they get experimental meds, damage to other internal organs has already started. Jmo

Morning musing. We need to figure out how to keep people off ventilators. You know, I understand we're in uncharted waters but we need to start testing ways to put a halt to this hypoxia sooner. Compassionate trials are fine and dandy but basically people are nearly past the point of no return when they get experimental meds, damage to other internal organs has already started. Jmo
Not having enough of them keeps people off ventilators. But we are all getting more of them. Ford, Airbus and F1 are sorting that out. I will find a link.

"Coronavirus: Ventilator built by Airbus and F1 approved - BBC News" Ventilator built by Airbus and F1 approved for use

Last edited:
If China had shut the WHO out wouldn't that cause great attention and condemnation from the rest of the world?

I think the best idea for China in this situation would be to manipulate the WHO to make it look like China is the greatest nation in the fight against the Corona virus. JMO

Why Did The World Shut Down For COVID-19 But Not Ebola, SARS Or Swine Flu?

Yes, lesson learned as that they were working with previous models and took some time for the scientists and governments to realize. As many have said, if it weren't for the tragic exponential deaths, compliance, especially voluntary in the US, would not succeed. MOO Keep in mind, there was NO test, there wasn't anything at all in the beginning in Wuhan as we have now with testing and experience. They perhaps logically thought this would be like SARS or MERS initially, until it wasn't.

In late 2002, an emerging pathogen that likely spilled over from the animal world started to cause severe respiratory illness in China. Sound familiar? Through the first half of 2003, the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) spread through 26 countries, infecting at least 8,098 people and killing at least 774.

Another respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS, has an even higher case fatality rate of 34 percent. But it’s also led to fewer deaths than what we’ve already seen from COVID-19: As of January 2020, there have been 2,519 cases of MERS and 866 associated deaths from the infection.

MOO

Off topic:
Tested "hot". I've heard that one before! Except it was p*ssed hot and someone was dishonorably discharged from the military for that. Wink wink.
(He was positive for drugs)
I haven't heard that term in 10 years!
Moo

For some reason, people are obsessed with taking people's temperature, as a factor of COVID19. Which, is not necessarily an indicator of being positive for COVID19.

My temperature runs hot, I never realized this until we started taking our temps each night. My husband runs cooler. And Rand Paul, who tested positive for COVID19, never had a temp at all.

I hope that taking temps does not become a factor. I heard that some people had been refused boarding a plane, due to a higher temp.

‘Don’t leave anything unsaid.’ Massachusetts governor chokes up during coronavirus briefing.

Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker is not the touchy-feely type. He’s more of a technocrat than a glad-hander. He’s dry, not dramatic. But Baker’s cautious composure cracked when asked about the Bay State’s death toll from the contagion, which now numbers more than 1,100.

“My best friend lost his mom to covid,” Baker revealed.

Then the governor paused for 10 full seconds, searching for the right words.
"He and his mom had a great relationship,” Baker continued. “And because they had a great relationship, they never left anything unsaid. You just knew that about the two of them. … When you talk about where the numbers are going on this, what I’m really thinking about is all those people who aren’t going to have a chance to say goodbye.”

Choking up, Baker explained from the State House on Beacon Hill that “one of the more brutal consequences, just psychologically,” of his stay-at-home order is that funerals cannot take place for people like his best friend’s mom. He spoke about the importance of the “critical ritual.”
[more]

Why Did The World Shut Down For COVID-19 But Not Ebola, SARS Or Swine Flu?

Yes, lesson learned as that they were working with previous models and took some time for the scientists and governments to realize. As many have said, if it weren't for the tragic exponential deaths, compliance, especially voluntary in the US, would not succeed. MOO Keep in mind, there was NO test, there wasn't anything at all in the beginning in Wuhan as we have now with testing and experience. They perhaps logically thought this would be like SARS or MERS initially, until it wasn't.

In late 2002, an emerging pathogen that likely spilled over from the animal world started to cause severe respiratory illness in China. Sound familiar? Through the first half of 2003, the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) spread through 26 countries, infecting at least 8,098 people and killing at least 774.

Another respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus, Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS, has an even higher case fatality rate of 34 percent. But it’s also led to fewer deaths than what we’ve already seen from COVID-19: As of January 2020, there have been 2,519 cases of MERS and 866 associated deaths from the infection.

MOO

I think the difference with CV-19 is the long period of time you can be infected without knowing it.

Obviously, having a constitution doesn't stop people from complaining bitterly lol.
Nothing stops people from complaining bitterly except a dictator IMO. But in this instance we do have something to complain about I think. We have other countries to look at and compare how we are doing etc.

Do you think Sweden will need to lockdown at some point or will you be able to get thru without it?
It's difficult to say about whether there will be a need of a lockdown of the entire country or not, but there might be a lockdown on Stockholm, and possibly Sörmland, the area south of Stockholm, as they are the most seriously hit by the pandemic, just the way Finland did with Helsinki, Finland shuts down Uusimaa to fight coronavirus

Stockholm Region have about 23 percent of the population of Sweden, at the moment it has 40 percent of the infected with corona, and almost 60 percent of those who have died.
Senaste nytt om coronaviruset
The Region where I live have still very few cases, 43 infected, and 2 dead, 5 in hospital, 1 in ICU, as well as 2 from other parts of Sweden in hospital, 1 of them in ICU.

It's difficult to say about whether there will be a need of a lockdown of the entire country or not, but there might be a lockdown on Stockholm, and possibly Sörmland, the area south of Stockholm, as they are the most seriously hit by the pandemic, just the way Finland did with Helsinki, Finland shuts down Uusimaa to fight coronavirus

Stockholm Region have about 23 percent of the population of Sweden, at the moment it has 40 percent of the infected with corona, and almost 60 percent of those who have died.
Senaste nytt om coronaviruset
The Region where I live have still very few cases, 43 infected, and 2 dead, 5 in hospital, 1 in ICU, as well as 2 from other parts of Sweden in hospital, 1 of them in ICU.
I hope your region stays with the low cases and deaths and Sweden's total approach works. Is it basically the "herd immunity" system?

Nothing stops people from complaining bitterly except a dictator IMO. But in this instance we do have something to complain about I think. We have other countries to look at and compare how we are doing etc.

We have to live with our choices. Most of us live with democracy, we chose the leadership that we trust in all circumstance of governance.

For some reason, people are obsessed with taking people's temperature, as a factor of COVID19. Which, is not necessarily an indicator of being positive for COVID19.

My temperature runs hot, I never realized this until we started taking our temps each night. My husband runs cooler. And Rand Paul, who tested positive for COVID19, never had a temp at all.

I hope that taking temps does not become a factor. I heard that some people had been refused boarding a plane, due to a higher temp.
BBM That's what the white house is using to screen reporters, temperature. Journalists turned away for being 'too hot' to attend White House briefing

And, "As the physician to the president and White House Operations continue to protect the health and safety of the president and vice president, starting today anyone who is expected to be in close proximity to either of them will be administered a COVID-19 test to evaluate for pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic carriers status to limit inadvertent transmission," White House spokesman Judd Deere said in a statement on Friday.

White House To Give Coronavirus Test To People 'In Close Proximity' To Trump, Pence

The announcement comes as the U.S. ramps up testing efforts and the White House battles criticism that widespread testing did not begin early enough. This was the president's second COVID-19 test; both were negative.

During his briefing with the coronavirus task force on Thursday, Trump indicated there wasn't a medical reason for taking the most recent test.

"I took it out of curiosity to see how quickly it worked," he said.

He took his first test last month because of exposure to someone who had tested positive.

Trump told reporters the second test, a rapid Abbott test, took only a minute and he got his results back within 15 minutes"
-------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------
Yet he said at a presser recently that testing is not necessary before getting America back to work.

Several universities and the NCAA are pondering the fall football season. Billions would be lost if cancelled. My bets are on it being money over safety. We’ll see.

I would assume, as with most legal contracts, that there is an "act of god" exclusion or such that the pandemic would be excluded for the players contracts? Wondering minds want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member