Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

And the thing that bothers me, if I sometimes feel "it" hasnt quite gone, two months' later (a random day where fatigue is immense, or the fact my son and I still havent regained a full sense of smell) does that mean its still active within me? And therefore potentially contagious? I dont understand enough about these things to feel reassured.

You are not alone - this is what thousands are saying. But no, it doesn't mean you are contagious. The data from the Navy was from a large number of sailors who had tested positive (I think it was more than 1000). At first it was only 3 testing positive again, now it's 8. So less than 1%.

You can get tested of course if you want to ease your mind. I know I would. But it's very likely your body is still healing. IIRC, you haven't been tested - I would go have the regular test first. If it is negative, then have an antibody test. They aren't perfect, but you might well get some answers.

Lots and lots of people have been declared "recovered" from CoVid while still lacking their sense of smell. It's gradually coming back, right?

The last time I asked my doctor for antibiotics as a preventative measure, he gave me a short lecture on problems with antibiotic resistance. I knew that, but I just wanted to have some at home in case my cough turned into bronchitis. He still said no.

I think the considerations are a little different when the patient is the over-70 leader of the free world who's surrounded by hundreds of people and potential exposures daily. jmo

The last time I asked my doctor for antibiotics as a preventative measure, he gave me a short lecture on problems with antibiotic resistance. I knew that, but I just wanted to have some at home in case my cough turned into bronchitis. He still said no.

Yeah, me too - and not just one doctor. But OP is right - there are conditions where people are on antibiotics long term as a preventative measure. These are not already-healthy people, though, as she also states.

I should have originally said that Pres. Trump has been deemed healthy, therefore I don't get the Z-Pac as a preventative, because it merely causes the bacteria to become resistant and when Z-Pac is needed (as lung function shuts down due to CoVid), it won't be as effective.

At least don't take the same antibiotic that's being recommended as the treatment for an eventual case of CoVid-induced bacterial pneumonia. That's how I read the literature.

Also, the studies on HCQ are not impressive, which is why it surprises me that physicians are covertly taking it. I'm going to start asking all the people I know who are physicians or married to them, if they are self-prescribing in this way - or prescribing only to each other. I have talked frequently with 6 different physicians and several other medical researchers about what they recommend to do, as a preventative and none of them has said HCQ. These people are at two different institutions (Stanford and UCLA) and when doctors and researchers at those places agree (without knowing each other personally), I triangulate that with the literature.

There's a shortage of HCQ for people who really need it. If, OTOH, there's some reason we should all be stockpiling HCQ, I'd like to know it. I am floored that doctors would not at least publish something to support this, if they're doing it.

Anyway, enough on that topic. It's exhausting thinking about this aspect of it.

On doctors and hoarding of therapeutic drugs -
Pharmacists at state and national level concerned about doctors prescribing COVID-19 therapeutic drugs for themselves and their families, including hydroxychloroquine.

States Say Some Doctors Stockpile Trial Coronavirus Drugs, for Themselves

EBM to note hoarding activity by doctors for themselves and their families

Remember a lady named Tricia? She owns this place and she has this to say at the beginning of every thread:

NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.

Next person to blatantly politicize or make an anti-POTUS post will receive a 1 week vacation courtesy of Websleuths.

Agency workers are helping to spread coronavirus in care homes, study claims

Telegraph reporters
1 hour ago
Coronavirus in care homes will be thrust into the spotlight again amid reports ministers knew a month ago that temporary workers were helping spread the killer disease.
It comes as The Guardian claimed a leaked Public Health England study found workers who transmitted coronavirus across six care homes had been brought in to cover for staff who were self-isolating to prevent the vulnerable people they looked after from becoming infected.

The paper reported the study was conducted over the Easter weekend from April 11 to 13, alleging the results have been known about inside the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) since at least the end of last month, but were only circulated to care home providers, councils and local directors of public health last week.
More than 22,000 care home residents are estimated to have died in England and Wales, with Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitting there had been "an appalling epidemic in care homes".

The Wuhan writer who angered China

The Wuhan writer who angered China

1 hour ago
A diary written by an award-winning Chinese author documenting her life in Wuhan in the early days of the coronavirus outbreak has now been translated into English.

Fang Fang first began publishing online accounts of her experience in the city in January, while it was still believed to be a local crisis.
The 65-year-old's diary entries were widely read, providing millions in China with a rare glimpse into the city where the virus first emerged.
She was quickly seen not as a bearer of truth but instead a traitor to China, with some saying she was capitalising on her fame - and even possibly a tragedy.

Telegraph reporters
1 hour ago
Coronavirus in care homes will be thrust into the spotlight again amid reports ministers knew a month ago that temporary workers were helping spread the killer disease.
It comes as The Guardian claimed a leaked Public Health England study found workers who transmitted coronavirus across six care homes had been brought in to cover for staff who were self-isolating to prevent the vulnerable people they looked after from becoming infected.

The paper reported the study was conducted over the Easter weekend from April 11 to 13, alleging the results have been known about inside the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) since at least the end of last month, but were only circulated to care home providers, councils and local directors of public health last week.
More than 22,000 care home residents are estimated to have died in England and Wales, with Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitting there had been "an appalling epidemic in care homes".

Very tragic. I read that 81% of coronavirus deaths in Canada were from deaths in nursing homes.
Coronavirus in Canada: 81 percent of deaths in nursing homes, report says

Yes he did indicate that that might happen... You think it was just because of the chloraquine???? Have you subscribed??? I usually try to avoid, but I really do want to keep track of his data...sometimes I have to go back a re-review what he has said.

Do you know if it cost anything to subscribe? He did indicate they would stay available if we are under subscription. But I basically don't trust subscribing. I often take notes from his lectures, but did not for #71. drat.

Haven't subscribed. In his latest today, he said that 4 were taken down. He doesn't know why, he said. But that was my guess.

Wow. As a restaurant owner in California, I can tell you that many of our wholesale food prices have literally doubled.
I've never felt so helpless about how to move forward in my life.
I know that raising our prices will hurt even further, our sales.
This will be a conundrum that all business's will face.
Anything imported to the US will become very expensive IMO.
I am still furious how this little invisible thing is ruining lives.
I am still furious that this thing has been unleashed upon our world.

You are not alone - this is what thousands are saying. But no, it doesn't mean you are contagious. The data from the Navy was from a large number of sailors who had tested positive (I think it was more than 1000). At first it was only 3 testing positive again, now it's 8. So less than 1%.

You can get tested of course if you want to ease your mind. I know I would. But it's very likely your body is still healing. IIRC, you haven't been tested - I would go have the regular test first. If it is negative, then have an antibody test. They aren't perfect, but you might well get some answers.

Lots and lots of people have been declared "recovered" from CoVid while ill lacking their sense of smell. It's gradually coming back, right?

'Profound' smell loss is a common COVID-19 symptom, study confirms | Live Science

"Among the Covid-19 patients with smell or taste loss, the decrease in sensation was often "profound, not mild," according to the UC San Diego statement. However, the majority of patients recovered their sense of smell and taste within about 2 to 4 weeks, around the time they'd recovered from infection.

"Among the Covid-19 patients with smell loss, more than 70 percent had reported improvement of smell at the time of survey and of those who hadn't reported improvement many had only been diagnosed recently," Yan said."

Wow. As a restaurant owner in California, I can tell you that many of our wholesale food prices have literally doubled.
I've never felt so helpless about how to move forward in my life.
I know that raising our prices will hurt even further, our sales.
This will be a conundrum that all business's will face.
Anything imported to the US will become very expensive IMO.
I am still furious how this little invisible thing is ruining lives.
I am still furious that this thing has been unleashed upon our world.

Ya, how do you cater to half of the usual clientele, when wholesale prices have doubled. That's a difficult equation to figure out.
Your menu is fab, by the way.

Who normally has tons of disposable income for travel? Dentists, orthodontists, attorneys, realtors, doctors, small business owners and retirees. And every single one of those groups has taken a huge hit this year.

I don't see travel really coming back this year, even in the normal markets. Definitely no conventions.

Who normally has tons of disposable income for travel? Dentists, orthodontists, attorneys, realtors, doctors, small business owners and retirees. And every single one of those groups has taken a huge hit this year.

I don't see travel really coming back this year, even in the normal markets. Definitely no conventions.

I agree, except for attorneys. Some have taken a hit, but many have, and will continue, to see an explosion of business. I also think the majority of medical professionals will come back, but slower. Small business, not so much. I have no idea about realtors. However, anecdotally, my neighbor put his house for sale like one week before the lockdown and it sold at almost full price in about two weeks. The sign is already down and the new fam moved in.

eta: I think institutional clients will use the Zoom obsession to justify not paying for travel.

L.A. Coronavirus: Rate of Positive Test Results Drops Dramatically – Deadline
10627700x.jpg

Sign in front of a Los Angeles COVID-19 testing site

With over 350,000 test results now reported to the L.A. County Department of Public Health, that agency’s director, Dr. Barbara Ferrer, announced on Monday that the positivity rate has dropped from 14 percent to 9 percent.
This, she said, is the result of “more people being tested.”

But the director issued words of caution, as well.

She estimated that, over the past few days, one million L.A. residents have left their homes to enjoy reopened businesses and outdoor spaces. “Just as a reminder,” she said:

"If the rate of people who are positive from COVID-19 is about four percent, we might be able to estimate that as many as 40,000 of the one million people who were out and about, could be infected."

4% sounds low. 40,000 doesn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members