Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't for my influence my husband would not be taking this virus seriously. He wouldn't wear a mask and he would be living his life as normally. Even though we are in our 70's i think my husband thinks we are somehow immune from getting this virus: I have to bring him back to reality:. I make him wear a mask, wash his hands whenever we come back from outdoors or from the grocery store - and we wash every item that we bring in from the grocery store with soap and water. He would like to
go to restaurants but i won't dine in. ----he does golf which makes me nervous but i told him he cannot go into the clubhouse. I don't understand how anybody cannot comprehend the gravity of this virus and the things you have to do to attempt to avoid getting it. I certainly don't feel immune from getting this virus.

So what does your husband do to "roar into heaven skidding sideways"??
Well, we watched our 11 month old grand-daughter. Two hours after we returned her she got sick. Temp 102. Parents called doctor. Meds and Tylenol. BUT, she has to have a COVID test. Family quarantine until her results come in - about two days - and we are also quarantined. Most likely, it's just a virus.

BUT, my husband doesn't know the meaning of quarantine or, at least, isn't adhering to the meaning - insisted on going to bike shop and two grocery stores. Wore a mask, BUT this is not quarantine.

Last edited:
One week ago on their official FB page, Sonovia told a commenter that they are working to finish and publish the independent trials as fast as they can. They wanted to emphasize that this time frame is common, and that they had studies available on similar products that coat their fabrics with metal oxide nanoparticles.

In response to another comment - three weeks ago - they mention that they are still testing the masks against the coronavirus and expect the results soon.
Israeli company Sonovia makes anti-viral, reusable masks
You can already buy the masks, but they seem to be expensive and I am not sure if this technology actually works. How quickly is the virus getting killed?

Well, the US isn't the only country to not adhere to recognized COVID-19 recommendations.
The Tour de France is now scheduled from Aug 29 - Sep 20. Ready for this? The race’s route is over 3,000km long, with roughly 500,000 fans lining the roads each day. Suggestions the Tour could be held without the supporters had been ruled out.

Outside? Yes, but fans are packed together along the route. What are these organizers thinking? Oh, yeah. They're not thinking.

Here in Fl. individual areas are doing their own mandating on masks.
Orange Co. (Orlando) did it last week, but no enforcement.
Miami has mandate and $5oo. fine for ignoring.
Universal theme park has opened and requires masks which they conveniently SELL at the
entry area.
Word is that Disney World will require masks.
They open July 11th.
Fl. case numbers are exploding but our Governor has done little to rein it in.

Well, we watched our 11 month old grand-daughter. Two hours after we returned her she got sick. Temp 102. Parents called doctor. Meds and Tylenol. BUT, she has to have a COVID test. Family quarantine until her results come in - about two days - and we are also quarantined. Most likely, it's just a virus.

BUT, my husband doesn't know the meaning of quarantine or, at least, isn't adhering to the meaning - insisted on going to bike shop and two grocery stores. Wore a mask, BUT this is not quarantine.
I don't know where you live but maybe you could tell him there are huge fines. You know like an ethical lie?

One week ago on their official FB page, Sonovia told a commenter that they are working to finish and publish the independent trials as fast as they can. They wanted to emphasize that this time frame is common, and that they had studies available on similar products that coat their fabrics with metal oxide nanoparticles.

In response to another comment - three weeks ago - they mention that they are still testing the masks against the coronavirus and expect the results soon.
Israeli company Sonovia makes anti-viral, reusable masks

In the meantime, Sonovia gets millions of dollars worth of free, world-wide advertising and people will believe the hoped for results regardless of the final results. The company's shares soar. Countries place pre-manufactured orders.

I hope that this this new fabric stands up to testing, but I hate that announcements like this are generated by comments to the press, without peer-reviewed studies to back up the anticipated results. It's sleazy science.

New Rule: If you've been claiming for the past several weeks that there is no need to be concerned about the virus spreading, and that things are getting back to normal, then you can't now point fingers at Protesters for causing a spike in cases as a result of their marches earlier this month.

Some of us have been saying all along, that this virus does not care whether you're protesting someone's murder on video, or attending a political rally. It's an Equal Opportunity Infector.
Additional new rule then - no complaining about political rallies. However I think many of us have been concerned at the weeks of protests going on and knew and posted our concerns, now we see the results IMO.

Well, I'm excited, for the first time in over 3 months I'm going out to breakfast.
The Hilton hotel next to where I am right now, is open and serving breakfast on their patios.
Their patios are pretty private. I do not anticipate crowds.
It will be nice to be served by somebody and, I'm looking forward to see how a big corporate hotel is handling their service.
That, and an omlete with a side of fruit ;-)

Eagerly anticipating your report. :)

Additional new rule then - no complaining about political rallies. However I think many of us have been concerned at the weeks of protests going on and knew and posted our concerns, now we see the results IMO.
Well, protests are not the driving force behind covid increases. Covid transmits much better inside than outside.
"As the U.S. begins to open back up, coronavirus clusters — where multiple people contract COVID-19 at the same event or location — are popping up all over the country. And despite drawing massive crowds, protests against police violence and racial injustice in Washington state weren't among those clusters."
Parties — Not Protests — Are Causing Spikes In Coronavirus

Well, the US isn't the only country to not adhere to recognized COVID-19 recommendations.
The Tour de France is now scheduled from Aug 29 - Sep 20. Ready for this? The race’s route is over 3,000km long, with roughly 500,000 fans lining the roads each day. Suggestions the Tour could be held without the supporters had been ruled out.

Outside? Yes, but fans are packed together along the route. What are these organizers thinking? Oh, yeah. They're not thinking.

Will the cyclists take the risk? It used to be that cyclists needed to be concerned about a dog crossing their path. Now they need to be concerned about people handing them a cold bottle of Covid.

And ... those crowds!

Last edited:

I'm quite in favour of continuing to complain about any irresponsible indoor gathering, whether it be a family birthday party, a business meeting, back to work on a floor with too many others, a church gathering, political rallies ... anything that does not rule out the possibility for communal infection. Nothing should cause our health care providers to bang their heads on the walls.

I'm quite in favour of continuing to complain about any irresponsible indoor gathering, whether it be a family birthday party, a business meeting, back to work on a floor with too many others, a church gathering, political rallies ... anything that does not rule out the possibility for communal infection. Nothing should cause our health care providers to bang their heads on the walls.

And that is exactly the problem, isn't it? The healthcare workers are being stretched to their limits. For a very extended period of time. Months and months.

A friend of mine is a frontline healthcare worker (in another state in this relatively safe country) and she has to don a full outfit of protection every time a possible covid patient enters her hospital. Then she has to stay in that hot, sweaty outfit for hours while taking the patient through all the preliminary steps of examination, testing, and medical assistance.
Then she has to strip down, sterilise, and start all over again to continue the rest of her duties.

I cannot imagine the frustration that all of the healthcare workers feel in countries where the virus is rampant. They go through this day after day - just so people can party, crowd the beaches, go to rallies, stay unprotected ......

Last edited:
White House coronavirus task force to hold first public meeting in close to two months as cases rise - CNNPolitics

(CNN)The White House announced Thursday night that Vice President Mike Pence would lead a public coronavirus task force briefing Friday morning, the first public meeting in almost two months.

The announcement comes as at least 30 states are seeing a resurgence in cases of Covid-19, and California, Oklahoma and Texas are seeing fresh high peaks.

The briefing will not take place at the White House, but at the Department of Health and Human Services, according to a schedule released by the White House...

I do too. I am amazed that to this day we (general public) are told to wear homemade masks. Wearing a homemade mask means I have to depend on everybody else wearing a mask. There is no mask mandate in my state. And I've seen plenty of people wearing a mask over the chin or over a mouth only (what exactly is that going to do?). Why haven't we still made enough N95s for everybody?
BBM this IMO is what we need. If everyone in high risk categories could wear them, they could start living a slightly normal life while being protected from those who aren't taking it seriously or where masks aren't mandated.

Well, protests are not the driving force behind covid increases. Covid transmits much better inside than outside.
"As the U.S. begins to open back up, coronavirus clusters — where multiple people contract COVID-19 at the same event or location — are popping up all over the country. And despite drawing massive crowds, protests against police violence and racial injustice in Washington state weren't among those clusters."
Parties — Not Protests — Are Causing Spikes In Coronavirus

Well we have seen increases in cases in 3 hotspots in Texas and Florida that appear to mirror the protests in those areas. We have also seen an example on the last thread of a 2.5% rate from just one protest, so I don't believe this
is unconnected. Several of us expected this to happen. All the good work of people staying in lockdown and social distancing has been undone. It is terrible to see the results of the spike in these cases and states. And am very sorry to see this. Everyone now just has to watch over the next month or so to see the outcomes.

White House were aware of the risk and the Task Force are tracking it according to this link from 10 June.

White House task force warns protests may cause spike in coronavirus infections

Last edited:
White House coronavirus task force to hold first public meeting in close to two months as cases rise - CNNPolitics

(CNN)The White House announced Thursday night that Vice President Mike Pence would lead a public coronavirus task force briefing Friday morning, the first public meeting in almost two months.

The announcement comes as at least 30 states are seeing a resurgence in cases of Covid-19, and California, Oklahoma and Texas are seeing fresh high peaks.

The briefing will not take place at the White House, but at the Department of Health and Human Services, according to a schedule released by the White House...

Trump won’t be working in DC though, he’s playing golf at his NJ club and, although mandatory, still won’t wear a face covering.

Trump will not follow New Jersey coronavirus quarantine order, 'he's not a civilian,' White House says

Last edited:

I hear ya!!!! must be a man thing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members