Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! It's no longer worth any effort trying to explain. Some people don't get it, and NEVER will.

I agreed with the protesters, but I also watched with horror, knowing that there were huge risks involved given the virus situation. I did not participate in them, I was sitting at home on my couch, watching it all unfold on TV.

I had the same exact feeling watching the recent political rallies.

THE VIRUS DOES NOT GIVE A S&*T! Young, Old, Democrats, Republicans, White, Black, Hispanic, American, French, British......THERE IS ENOUGH BLAME TO GO AROUND.

So yeah, when I see a PLANNED & 100% INTENTIONAL Political gathering, I'm going to say it's IRRESPONSIBLE. It's also ridiculous, not that it matters to those who will continue pointing it out, to say there is an equivalence between spontaneous and unplanned outrage and protest over a killing captured on video, with a PLANNED Rally, organized merely for the sake of politics.

What 100% planned rallies were going on in the first two weeks of June?

LOL! It's no longer worth any effort trying to explain. Some people don't get it, and NEVER will.

I agreed with the protesters, but I also watched with horror, knowing that there were huge risks involved given the virus situation. I did not participate in them, I was sitting at home on my couch, watching it all unfold on TV.

I had the same exact feeling watching the recent political rallies.

THE VIRUS DOES NOT GIVE A S&*T! Young, Old, Democrats, Republicans, White, Black, Hispanic, American, French, British......THERE IS ENOUGH BLAME TO GO AROUND.

So yeah, when I see a PLANNED & 100% INTENTIONAL Political gathering, I'm going to say it's IRRESPONSIBLE. It's also ridiculous, not that it matters to those who will continue pointing it out, to say there is an equivalence between spontaneous and unplanned outrage and protest over a killing captured on video, with a PLANNED Rally, organized merely for the sake of politics.
Totally agree. I don't think it's a good idea to protest during pandemic (even if for a good cause), because virus doesn't care if the cause is good or not. But to compare protests (many of which police tried to disperse) with planned indoor rallies-there is no comparison there.

I'm crying. My Fedex man just delivered my order. I told him I see him more than my kids and grandkids. I thanked him for his service and wondered how many lives he might've saved by making it possible for us to stay home and stay safe. He grabbed the side of the truck with his hand and leaned his head against the truck saying "Oh man". Then he turned around and faced me shaking his head and crying, "I'd do anything if I could bring my mom back".

Well, I have been so afraid of getting the virus and dying, leaving no one but the state to care for my grandson. It is for him that I have tried so hard to avoid germs. I only have gone to work and the store. My grandson hasn't left the house since school let out on March 13.

My Dad died yesterday, just laying out at the pool. I am picking up a rental car this afternoon and will be driving to San Francisco. I am afraid of the germs in a rental car. I'm afraid of the germs from hugs. I'm afraid of mortuary germs. I am afraid that I have no parents any more, and that I am alone (with my grandson)in this world. Sometimes I really feel that this life sucks. I feel lost, alone, and afraid.

Thanks for listening.

Well, I have been so afraid of getting the virus and dying, leaving no one but the state to care for my grandson. It is for him that I have tried so hard to avoid germs. I only have gone to work and the store. My grandson hasn't left the house since school let out on March 13.

My Dad died yesterday, just laying out at the pool. I am picking up a rental car this afternoon and will be driving to San Francisco. I am afraid of the germs in a rental car. I'm afraid of the germs from hugs. I'm afraid of mortuary germs. I am afraid that I have no parents any more, and that I am alone (with my grandson)in this world. Sometimes I really feel that this life sucks. I feel lost, alone, and afraid.

Thanks for listening.

Please come here anytime and talk. Your grandson is so lucky to have you. You are a team, together. He will never forget that. What a great role model you are.
My sincere condolences to you both on the loss of your dad.

Well, protests are not the driving force behind covid increases. Covid transmits much better inside than outside.
"As the U.S. begins to open back up, coronavirus clusters — where multiple people contract COVID-19 at the same event or location — are popping up all over the country. And despite drawing massive crowds, protests against police violence and racial injustice in Washington state weren't among those clusters."
Parties — Not Protests — Are Causing Spikes In Coronavirus
Good article. Sending it to a few naysayers I know!

We have had 5 restaurants our little FL town announce employees positive in recent days. And all have outdoor seating. Some bars in Jacksonville ended up closing with big numbers of people getting Covid.

Coronavirus: Florida shatters record with 8,942 new cases, Duval County has 447

When I think of indoor activities, I simply cringe. Body heat, sweat, loud voices, testosterone,
There is no way to stop human behavior.
There is no way out of this, really

We must put billions into a full-blown programs to cover massive testing; antibody testing; plasma collections; vaccines; track and trace; and PTSD therapies to simply survive in the times of Covid.

Last edited:

Thanks for listening.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Your fears are real, but you are never alone. Brighter days are ahead!!

Will the cyclists take the risk? It used to be that cyclists needed to be concerned about a dog crossing their path. Now they need to be concerned about people handing them a cold bottle of Covid.

And ... those crowds!

So the crowds are always thick? I would feel people could spread out and wear masks. It's not like a football game and stadium. Or am I dreaming...just hope they can race, i guess.

There is no comparison between an outside protest rally of masked people to an enclosed auditorium filled with mask-less screaming people. These rallies are more boisterous and louder than protesters outside.

Thanks for listening.
Put on gloves and wipe everything in a car with a lysol or clorox wipe (assuming of course you can find those). Probably better to avoid hugs (even at a funeral).

Thanks for listening.

I am so sorry for your loss: thank you for sharing your feelings with us.

And that is exactly the problem, isn't it? The healthcare workers are being stretched to their limits. For a very extended period of time. Months and months.

A friend of mine is a frontline healthcare worker (in another state in this relatively safe country) and she has to don a full outfit of protection every time a possible covid patient enters her hospital. Then she has to stay in that hot, sweaty outfit for hours while taking the patient through all the preliminary steps of examination, testing, and medical assistance.
Then she has to strip down, sterilise, and start all over again to continue the rest of her duties.

I cannot imagine the frustration that all of the healthcare workers feel in countries where the virus is rampant. They go through this day after day - just so people can party, crowd the beaches, go to rallies, stay unprotected ......

Leadership must CONSTANTLY reach out and credit all this hard work of these health care workers. As I mention and think over and over........ we are going to have massive PTSD cases in the future. The programs to help should be designed NOW.
Though Trump never understands... I do believe that Pence will honor those folks today. Hope I am not wishing for too much... but i think he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member