Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have been so afraid of getting the virus and dying, leaving no one but the state to care for my grandson. It is for him that I have tried so hard to avoid germs. I only have gone to work and the store. My grandson hasn't left the house since school let out on March 13.

My Dad died yesterday, just laying out at the pool. I am picking up a rental car this afternoon and will be driving to San Francisco. I am afraid of the germs in a rental car. I'm afraid of the germs from hugs. I'm afraid of mortuary germs. I am afraid that I have no parents any more, and that I am alone (with my grandson)in this world. Sometimes I really feel that this life sucks. I feel lost, alone, and afraid.

Thanks for listening.

I am so sorry.

Well, I have been so afraid of getting the virus and dying, leaving no one but the state to care for my grandson. It is for him that I have tried so hard to avoid germs. I only have gone to work and the store. My grandson hasn't left the house since school let out on March 13.

My Dad died yesterday, just laying out at the pool. I am picking up a rental car this afternoon and will be driving to San Francisco. I am afraid of the germs in a rental car. I'm afraid of the germs from hugs. I'm afraid of mortuary germs. I am afraid that I have no parents any more, and that I am alone (with my grandson)in this world. Sometimes I really feel that this life sucks. I feel lost, alone, and afraid.

Thanks for listening.
You poor thing :( so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sending a big virtual hug your way from here in southern England. I'm sure if you take whatever precautions you can, the risk will be minimal and you will be fine. You'll get through this, just take it a day at a time xX

There weren't just BLM protests (at least at those quite a few people wore masks). There were also "open everything up" protests. And majority of those people refuse to wear masks. And look at that.
"One of the organizers of the Reopen Maryland movement said he has contracted the novel coronavirus."
https://thedailyrecord.com/2020/06/26/reopen-maryland-organizer-covid-19/

Thanks for listening.

I’m so very sorry for your loss. Please know I just said a prayer for you.

Thanks for listening.
Thank YOU for opening up to us on this forum.

Thanks for listening.

Oh...my dear God in Heaven..look down on this wonderful individual... I cannot believe how my heart sunk deeper and deeper with your words... Please, please please keep reaching out, and speaking out. Of course all of us in WShpere here are a total safety net of love and concern... but we out here, and not right there for you...

Please keep sharing ...I cannot imagine how exhausted you must be... but we will always always listen, even if no hugs are allowed...

I'm crying. My Fedex man just delivered my order. I told him I see him more than my kids and grandkids. I thanked him for his service and wondered how many lives he might've saved by making it possible for us to stay home and stay safe. He grabbed the side of the truck with his hand and leaned his head against the truck saying "Oh man". Then he turned around and faced me shaking his head and crying, "I'd do anything if I could bring my mom back".
Oh my. I'm crying reading this. Hugs for you and this man who lost his Mom and for providing an essential service.

Thanks for listening.
Anytime we are here for you. I'm so very sorry you lost your Dad. Please know you are not alone. You have a support system here. It's tough navigating thru this especially when real life tragedy hits. Your Grandson is lucky to have you.

The President is socially distancing himself from anything related to COVID-19 ;)

I just wish he would socially distance himself from a microphone.

All local town and county governments in my little neck of the woods are hastily meeting, starting to set up no-mask fines, and threats to close down again, based on watching compliance for a while..

This should be going on all over the country right now...especially TX, CA, FL.

We have had Fauci available to us, but no federal press conferences for a long time. I am really hoping that the national "team" press conference today hits us hard with facts and messaging... we shall see.

I can’t remember where I read that the world watches what goes on in the US these days like watching the Jerry Springer Show. The fighting about wearing a mask etc...Easier to laugh then cry.
At least nobody died during fighting on Jerry Springer's show (as far as I know). I wish I could say the same for covid.

I can’t remember where I read that the world watches what goes on in the US these days like watching the Jerry Springer Show. The fighting about wearing a mask etc...Easier to laugh then cry.

We all see many, many snippets of what is going on there. Today it was the sheriff in Lewis County with a megaphone telling people not to be sheep (when the Governor mandated that they must wear masks).
It seems like such divisive behaviour by people in authority.

Last edited:

Thanks for listening.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Try to keep in mind that a rental car will be well cleaned between each use, a mortuary will be cleaner than most other public areas and you don’t have to give hugs.

You are doing a wonderful job with your grandson, be proud of yourself. And, know that you are never alone. Post on here or privately, there is always someone to hold your hand and help you through this difficult time in your life x

Central mass pop up testing (intended for protest/rally goers)
COVID-19 Update for June 25, 5,172 Positive Cases | City of Worcester, MA

UMass Memorial conducted approximately 1,600 tests over 2 days last week as part of free statewide Pop-Up testingfor those who had attended large gatherings, including Black Lives Matter rallies. The tests revealed a 2.7% positivity rate.

mask usage seemed pretty good in this area / state re protests-no not all of the participants and not all the time, but I’m guessing it probably helped

Last edited:
DH has been working at home since mid-March and has considered returning to work so he can be part of the "team" before he retires in December. Until May 18, about half of the office employees worked from home, but the plant/warehouse was deemed essential and remained open continuously. When most employees returned to work on May 18, DH was not comfortable doing so because they are not required to wear masks since the office is spacious, and staff either have their own offices or cubicles that are well-spaced. Everyone who returned to work in May had to be tested, and no one tested positive. Mini-refrigerators were purchased so no one has to share the fridge in the break room, but they are probably all using the microwave and coffee service. Office area, break room, restrooms, etc. are sanitized daily.

A few weeks ago, one of the men in the plant tested positive and self-quarantined for two weeks. He has since returned to work, and all plant employees must now wear masks. Still no masks required in the office. DH had considered returning to work a couple days a week after 4th of July. He saw his physician this morning who advised that he return only if anyone with whom he has contact in the office or warehouse is wearing a mask. DH then went to a recommended testing facility with a script for COVID-19 testing and will have his results in 2-4 days (test required if he returns to work). Once he has his test result, DH will contact employer to ask about the mask situation. If they won't accommodate his and his doctor's request, and DH can't be absolutely certain that people will wear masks in his presence, he will finish out the year from home. He still has vacation time but might not take the time and retire sooner.

Last edited:

Thanks for listening.
Oh boy..so sad. Sorry about your dad.

Your grandson is the lucky one, to have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris