Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let it burn itself out, which should have been Plan A. Not like I didn't predict this when everyone thought trying to shut down the country was actually going to work.
Because this country is full of irresponsible citizens who don't want to wear masks or actually shelter in place. As for burning itself out, that wold lead to hospitals being completely overwhelmed, high death rates, and so on. Great plan there.

So this happened. My 87 yo mom fell at home this past Friday, breaking her hip. It was one of those things you hope your parent will not have to go through. She had surgery Saturday and will go through the hospital rehab program for at least 14 days. She and my 87 yo dad are so “young” and still getting around super well so she is motivated to work hard in rehab but I’m as worried about Covid 19 getting both of them as I am about the hip. I think she is physically strong enough to get back on her feet but I’m not very confident either one of them could get through Covid.

The short version is that most of the antibody tests were unreliable and have been recalled.

Which is not, IMO, scientifically accurate. There's no 100% certainty with antibody testing OR vaccines - but 99% is enough to protect our species from CoVId-99.

These tests have not been recalled and are still in use in tertiary care hospitals, and also outside the US because they do the job intended (alert people as to their relative antibody status).

So this happened. My 87 yo mom fell at home this past Friday, breaking her hip. It was one of those things you hope your parent will not have to go through. She had surgery Saturday and will go through the hospital rehab program for at least 14 days. She and my 87 yo dad are so “young” and still getting around super well so she is motivated to work hard in rehab but I’m as worried about Covid 19 getting both of them as I am about the hip. I think she is physically strong enough to get back on her feet but I’m not very confident either one of them could get through Covid.

Sorry to hear this. I hope that your Mom will use a walker after this. Sending you positive energy.

Because this country is full of irresponsible citizens who don't want to wear masks or actually shelter in place. As for burning itself out, that wold lead to hospitals being completely overwhelmed, high death rates, and so on. Great plan there.

The new "plan", herd immunity as fast as possible. Complete free for all

And when the mask mandates don't work, what's left - back to locking everyone up? For how long, this time? I never hear anyone openly and clearly advocating shutting everything down for however long it takes to eradicate the virus, but that seems to be exactly what many here want (once we eliminate the "wishes" like contact tracing),

And when the mask mandates don't work, what's left - back to locking everyone up? For how long, this time? I never hear anyone openly and clearly advocating shutting everything down for however long it takes to eradicate the virus, but that seems to be exactly what many here want (once we eliminate the "wishes" like contact tracing),
If masks mandate won't work, it's because this country is full of irresponsible citizens who are prone to ridiculous conspiracy theories.

If masks mandate won't work, it's because this country is full of irresponsible citizens who are prone to ridiculous conspiracy theories.

But what's the actual plan, then? Because every week of blaming irresponsible behavior, is one more week of this morass where the economy and human sanity are battered by the threat of constant lock downs, and one more week closer to the virus burning itself out.

It's not forever. The next six months will be tough but we can all get through it if we work together.

That's right. Most of my cooperative country has gone through leaps and bounds in just 3 months since the initial lockdown.

Our relatively small surge now, only in Victoria, is being jumped on really hard ... more federal staff being sent there today to help out, with all states assisting where they can. Massive testing regime, and possibility of locking down ten suburbs to try to prevent the spread.

There can be a huge improvement to the US situation, with good leadership and cooperation from all. Everyone needs to be on the same page - or cooperate regardless, if they are not.

It's not forever. The next six months will be tough but we can all get through it if we work together.

But how/why will next six months be different than the last four? It should be abundantly clear to everyone that when every one was forced to stay home, cases declined. Every place that people have been released, cases rise. Every single event is filled to capacity.

People in the US have demonstrated, time and again, in every state, that they are not going to voluntarily "distance." If we set aside the "why," because it doesn't matter, we are left with those basic facts. The only two choices we have ever had are uncontrolled spread and enforced confinement.

But how/why will next six months be different than the last four? It should be abundantly clear to everyone that when every one was forced to stay home, cases declined. Every place that people have been released, cases rise. Every single event is filled to capacity.

People in the US have demonstrated, time and again, in every state, that they are not going to voluntarily "distance." If we set aside the "why," because it doesn't matter, we are left with those basic facts. The only two choices we have ever had are uncontrolled spread and enforced confinement.
Even a state like TX doesn't want uncontrollable spread, because the hospitals will fill up, overflow, and so on. So when you see it's starting to close up-the same will happen in other states when hospitals get close to 100 % capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow