Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #66

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The White House has officially withdrawn the United States from the World Health Organization (WHO), a senior administration official confirmed Tuesday, breaking ties with a global public health body in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

The U.S. withdrawal is effective as of Monday and has been submitted to the United Nations secretary-general, the official said Tuesday.

Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), the top Democrat on the Senate Foreign Affairs Committee, tweeted that the administration informed Congress of the withdrawal.
Trump administration formally withdraws US from WHO

BBM This should be interesting. Demanding schools reopen, allowing Disney to reopen, and at the same time requesting federal assistance because his state is out of control.

DeSantis: COVID was more prevalent than state admitted

DeSantis said he is now requesting federal assistance “for some personnel support for hospital systems,‘' he said and added: “We think it’ll be favorably granted.”

The state hasn’t disclosed any details about how many extra hospital workers are needed, where in the state they’re needed most, or which hospitals specifically are stretched thin.

If only we could actually find some!

Environmental Protection Agency has approved two products for killing the novel coronavirus on surfaces following laboratory testing.

EPA approves first surface disinfectant products tested for the coronavirus

Lysol Disinfectant Spray and Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist are the first two products to get the approval, which allows parent company Reckitt Benckiser to legally make claims that the product can kill the virus that causes COVID-19.
I bought a 144 ounce bottle of Pine Sol Original multi surface cleaner from Walmart last week for under $10. I put it in a small spray bottle. Kills 99.9% of germs and viruses. IDK if it will kill Covid but it's the best I could get my hands on.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article244050757.html

Mecklenburg reported a COVID-19 outbreak at a second childcare facility Tuesday and released data showing hospitalizations and the county’s test positivity rate continue to rise.

County officials added Heaven’s Angels Childcare in Charlotte to a list of facilities with an active COVID-19 outbreak. Late last month, the health department reported the first outbreak identified at a local childcare facility.

A total of 22 other facilities — including nursing homes, rehab centers, group homes and the Mecklenburg County Detention Center — are contending with coronavirus outbreaks, county records show.

ETA: I wonder how many cases are at these facilities?

Last edited:

Environmental Protection Agency has approved two products for killing the novel coronavirus on surfaces following laboratory testing.

Lysol Disinfectant Spray and Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist are the first two products to get the approval, which allows parent company Reckitt Benckiser to legally make claims that the product can kill the virus that causes COVID-19.
I finally found some Lysol on Amazon. The shipping fee was about three times the cost of the product itself. I bought it because I've been on a fruitless search for Lysol since March.

COVID-19 Medical Flights On The Rise In California As Some Hospitals Run Low On Beds

July 07, 2020
heli-two-1000x667.jpg

In Imperial County, medical crews have been flying out hundreds of coronavirus patients after two local hospitals ran low on intensive care beds. (Courtesy of Global Medical Response)

The pressure is mounting on hospitals to keep up this week with a surge of new patients with COVID-19.

In Imperial County, one of Southern California's remote coronavirus hot spots, medical crews have been flying out hundreds of sick people to be treated as far north as San Francisco after two local hospitals ran low on intensive care beds.

Is he advocating wearing a mask when driving a car?

I see he tested positive in Australia on 12th March. I wonder if he caught it there or before he arrived? That was the day after it was announced a pandemic by WHO so I guess noone was wearing masks then.
BBM

I think it’s quite clear that he’s comparing the laws we follow that make it safe for ourselves and others when driving a car to the mandate to wear a mask for the same reason. He said nothing about wearing a mask when driving a car.

I guess you could google to find out when he arrived in Australia.

California Surgeon General: Systemic Racism Is Linked To COVID-19 Pandemic

In the past two months, seven top public health officials in California resigned after facing harassment over recommending the use of masks and other measures. Burke Harris says it’s a difficult time to serve as a public health officer.

The response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been “unfortunately politicized,” she says. Public health guidelines aren’t about politics, she says, but trying to reduce the number of cases and deaths.

“Our public health officers all across the state are working incredible hours, and it's a really difficult time,” she says. “And I think that it's really unfortunate that so many public health officers are facing harassment when they're really showing up to try to protect the health and safety of everyday Californians.”

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM

I think it’s quite clear that he’s comparing the laws we follow that make it safe for ourselves and others when driving a car to the mandate to wear a mask for the same reason. He said nothing about wearing a mask when driving a car.

I guess you could google to find out when he arrived in Australia.
Well I completely misunderstood him then.

One of my sisters is an attorney (guardian ad litem) she was just informed today that someone in court tested positive the day she was there last week. They are required to wear masks....this was part of contact tracing that she was informed. Here in my smallish town, the city has advised that Social Services and one Rec Center will be closed due to workers testing positive. Its just all around us. Hard to escape.

I actually scored 2 cans last week, by being in local supermarket very early one morning. Felt like I'd won the lottery! Then received Clorox wipes yesterday in my Amazon subscription order.

We do have to learn to live with it. We need to be smart and get through this together. The WHO made that same statement.
Covid-19: 'We must learn to live with the virus'

Yes, realistically we do have to learn to live with it as WHO rightly points out. But in the US we are forced to live with a worse situation than we would have if this had been handled from the beginning without minimizing it and if the efforts by governors to contain it had not been undermined. So in this country, the new “Learn to live with it” slogan feels rather dismissive and callous IMO.

JMO MOO

Yes, realistically we do have to learn to live with it as WHO rightly points out. But in the US we are forced to live with a worse situation than we would have if this had been handled from the beginning without minimizing it and if the efforts by governors to contain it had not been undermined. So in this country, the new “Learn to live with it” slogan feels rather dismissive and callous IMO.

JMO MOO

I have images of Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow