Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio travel advisory list updated with states with new highest positivity rates | NBC4 WCMH-TV

Two states have been removed, and one has been added to Ohio’s travel advisory list.

Last month, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued a travel advisory for all individuals who come into Ohio from outside states where there is a positivity rate of 15 percent or higher for COVID-19. The advisory is an attempt to slow the rate of the virus spreading in Ohio. The advisory also includes anyone from Ohio who visits outside states and comes back home.

This week, Kansas and South Carolina have been removed from the travel advisory list, while Nevada has been added back after one week off.

The states in which the positivity rate of the coronavirus is 15 percent or higher:

• Florida
  • Alabama
  • Mississippi
  • Arizona
  • Nevada
  • Idaho
Anyone entering Ohio after travel to these states is asked to self-quarantine for 14 days, DeWine stated.

Ohio travel advisory list updated with states with new highest positivity rates | NBC4 WCMH-TV

Two states have been removed, and one has been added to Ohio’s travel advisory list.

Last month, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued a travel advisory for all individuals who come into Ohio from outside states where there is a positivity rate of 15 percent or higher for COVID-19. The advisory is an attempt to slow the rate of the virus spreading in Ohio. The advisory also includes anyone from Ohio who visits outside states and comes back home.

This week, Kansas and South Carolina have been removed from the travel advisory list, while Nevada has been added back after one week off.

The states in which the positivity rate of the coronavirus is 15 percent or higher:

• Florida
  • Alabama
  • Mississippi
  • Arizona
  • Nevada
  • Idaho
Anyone entering Ohio after travel to these states is asked to self-quarantine for 14 days, DeWine stated.

This will be challenging for our universities in Ohio. We have new faculty hired for this fall semester who are coming from several of these states, and students from across the country. We've been emailing them with information on the travel advisory. For students we have set aside a specific residence hall so that they can quarantine, and our dining services will be dropping off food for them. They will take their classes remotely until the 14 days is up.

I don't think it is fraud. I think it is confusion or employee error, in many cases.

Another example:

Autopsy shows Wellington nurse died of kidney infection, not COVID-19

Autopsy shows Wellington nurse died of kidney infection, not COVID-19

WELLINGTON, Fla. (CBS12) — A report from the Palm Beach County Medical examiner obtained by CBS12 News shows that a young Wellington nurse believed to have passed from COVID-19, was never infected with the virus at all.

The report shows that 33-year-old Danielle DiCenso died from "complications of acute pyelonephritis," otherwise known as a kidney infection.

I-Team: Deaths incorrectly attributed to COVID-19 in Palm Beach County

I-Team: Deaths incorrectly attributed to COVID-19 in Palm Beach County

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A 60-year-old man who died from a gun shot wound to the head.

A 90-year-old man who fell and died from complications of a hip fracture.

A 77-year-old woman who died of Parkinson's disease.

These are some of the deaths in Palm Beach County recently, and incorrectly, attributed to COVID-19 in medical examiner records.

The CBS12 News I-Team uncovered several examples in Medical Examiner reports of people counted as a COVID death who did not die of COVID.

We requested a list of all COVID-19 deaths in Palm Beach County from the Medical Examiner's office and received a spread sheet of 581 cases.

Each person on the spreadsheet is someone who tested positive for COVID-19.

Oh my gosh amighty. As terrible as it is though, I cannot honestly say that I’m one bit surprised. I actually had already suspected some of this has been going on.

<modsnip: Removed political comment>

Last edited by a moderator:
But what information do you think China had? Why didn't Italy give out information. It is a brand new virus. China had no way of knowing more than any other country. It was on the news every day what China was doing. They were quarantining and isolating. Because other countries chose not to do that, is not China's fault. MOO.
Ahem ..... the virus started there, and was released to the rest of the world. Then they lied about it. That’s only the beginning.

Facebook removed a Trump post because it violated the company's policies banning 'harmful COVID misinformation'

Facebook removed a Trump post because it violated the company's policies banning 'harmful COVID misinformation'

Tyler Sonnemaker

2 hrs ago

• Facebook took down a post by President Donald Trump for violating its policies against misinformation, the company confirmed.
  • Trump posted a video of his interview with Fox News where he falsely claimed that children are "almost immune" from COVID-19, which CNN reporter Donie O'Sullivan captured before it was removed from Facebook.
  • "This video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from COVID-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful COVID misinformation," a Facebook spokesperson told Business Insider.
  • Facebook said this is the first time it has completely taken down a post by Trump for pushing coronavirus misinformation, according to The New York Times' reporter Davey Alba.
For the first time, Facebook has completely removed a post by President Donald Trump for violating its policies against COVID-19 misinformation.

Trump posted a video Wednesday of his interview with Fox News, which CNN reporter Donie O'Sullivan captured in a screenshot before it was removed from the platform, where he falsely claimed that children are "almost immune" from the disease.

"They have much stronger immunes system than [adults]," Trump said in the video, which he also tweeted.

"This video includes false claims that a group of people is immune from COVID-19 which is a violation of our policies around harmful COVID misinformation," a Facebook spokesperson told Business Insider.

A growing body of research suggests that children can transmit COVID-19 like anyone else, though researchers believe their infection rates are often underreported because they are frequently asymptomatic and have been largely excluded from clinical trials.

• Florida
  • Alabama
  • Mississippi
  • Arizona
  • Nevada
  • Idaho

BBM - Ohio may want to rethink that (taking South Carolina off their travel advisory list). South Carolina's percentage positive was over 20% again yesterday. o_O In fact, the last time it was under 15% was July 27 when it was 14.6%.

ETA: If a link is needed for that last stat, here is an old update from July 27 - SC announces 1,226 new cases of COVID-19 and 17 additional deaths or you can just check out this thread: South Carolina - Coronavirus COVID-19

Last edited:
I was just thinking I might get one of these. Some people on another forum I'm on use them and a friend has one.
I wonder if they do really work though. I guess even if it makes us feel safer it's something, even if it's a placebo.

And maybe I would do just as well by wishing the evil virus away.

Here is another creature comfort for you and for those who can't find Clorox wipes...

I was just thinking I might get one of these. Some people on another forum I'm on use them and a friend has one.
I wonder if they do really work though. I guess even if it makes us feel safer it's something, even if it's a placebo.

And maybe I would do just as well by wishing the evil virus away.
What intrigues me about it is getting in between keyboard buttons and other hard to reach areas. I will have to research it's claims though. The guy in the video said you had to go over surfaces a few times in a row for it to work and that's not specific enough for me. I want to know exact results..etc...

BBM - Ohio may want to rethink that (taking South Carolina off their travel advisory list). South Carolina's percentage positive was over 20% again yesterday. o_O In fact, the last time it was under 15% was July 27 when it was 14.6%.

ETA: If a link is needed for that last stat, here is an old update from July 27 - SC announces 1,226 new cases of COVID-19 and 17 additional deaths or you can just check out this thread: South Carolina - Coronavirus COVID-19

That positivity data may be from a bad source. AZ has't been over 15% since middle of July. I know they have to draw the line somewhere, but in places where testing is a shambles it appears that only really sick people are getting tested.

I hope people don't "fight for their right to party"
My daughter and I chose not to attend my future daughter in law's bridal shower last Saturday.
Both of her elderly grandmothers went. One has COPD.
GUESS WHAT?
We found out that my son was exposed to COVID on Tuesday of last week!!! They own a home together and have allowed his finance's mom, her 2nd husband and their 2 children to live with them.
He was told on Monday when he showed up for work to go get tested. He was negative, but it still might be too soon. I don't know.
None of them are taking this serious. I am furious! There were probably about 30 people there. NO MASKS!!!
Why in the world she won't reschedule this wedding, I will never understand.
My son has exactly 8 family members on his side of the family.
My 84 yo dad, my 85 yo MIL who has had a breast and lung cancer reoccurance discovered 2 weeks ago, me (immunedeficiency), my husband, my daughter, my son in law and my granddaughter.
His 20 month old son will be in the wedding.
My granddaughter who will be 23 months old was supposed to be a flower girl, but not now!
None of us will be attending the wedding. It is near Athens Georgia and the numbers are increasing at an alarming rate.
We are the bad guys now- tough. I'm not risking a family members life to attend a wedding during a pandemic that could have been postponed, but wasn't, because unfortunately she is going to have things her way- period.
Cheers!
I find it very selfish and unbecoming.
Am I wrong?
It doesn't matter to me honestly. Hopefully none of us will succumb to this virus, as we have all been socially isolating since March!
Moo

Around here it was the scented baby wipes that people wanted. They'd be all gone from Aldi, but the unscented were still there.
I wonder if people thought that the scented ones had alcohol in them ?
Quite quickly our Aldi got in a supply of a different brand, but it was the unscented ones, which didn't matter to me because I was going to use the sanitiser on them anyway
I'm out in the country, population over 40, 000, but small compared to a big city or a larger town.
Toilet paper and sanitiser did vanish for a few months., and meat.
. Now there's sanitiser everywhere you look, even in the Post Office.

We've had such a shortage of baby wipes around here - but hand sanitizer seems to be back in stock at Costco.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member