Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TREATING THE PRESIDENT:mad:DrJAshton joins@TomLlamasABC
to answer some questions about Pres. Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis, including how he is being treated and what doctors will be watching for in the coming days. https://abcn.ws/2GssBxh

"One of the strangest aspects to covid 19 is that it can almost trick a patient into thinking they are recovering and then strike even harder."

"One development that really stood out to me today was the decision to add the steroid Dexamethasone to the patients treatment regime.
This is the only drug that has shown a survival benefit in clinical trials, but it also indicates that the Presidents disease is not being considered mild."

video 1:02

https://twitter.com/ABCWorldNews/status/1312890491952914438

Last edited:
I was already taking D and 81 mg. aspirin but intend to add zinc if I can ever find it.
I get 11 mg of zinc in my multi vitamin but maybe I should take more. I've taken the 81mg aspirin for years. Thanks.

No cats here so I don't have to worry about that.

Yes you do have to plan for your furry family members. JMO

Have you ever been a situation where there was no water service and your plumbing didn't work?

If so, you'll be glad for the kitty litter.

Hi everyone - I'm hitting the ground running here (from Australia) and I'm confessing to only reading back a few posts... so - those doctors who paraded in their 'white coats' with freshly embroidered positions on them, was I watching an episode of SNL?? Real physicians don't wear white coats, nor ties, if they know a thing about communicable diseases...

Welcome to Websleuths!

Maybe they were told to "look like the public thinks doctors look"?

Usually, the spokes-doctors are older and have positions within the hospital hierarchy (and usually wear suits).

I think it's fair to say that young doctor didn't come immediately out of the infectious disease or presidential units.

Both my parents worked in munitions and airplane plants in Britain during WW2. Initially, bombing raids caused terror and swift movement to the shelters but after awhile some people ignored them and decided their own fate by demanding the projectionist continue the film if at the theatre or continued their late night walk during a beautiful spring night.

The difference between what those individuals did and what people who ignore the safety protocols now is that the decisions those who lived through bombing raids affected no one but themselves. To do it now during a pandemic can cause exponential risk and danger to others.

Except during mandatory blackouts anyone flouting the rules (eg by leaving lights on or uncovered) put their entire neighbourhood/town/city at risk of being targeted by overhead bombers.

Interesting to learn about how community cooperation saved lives 80 years ago - scroll down to WW2
Blackout (wartime) - Wikipedia

I'll have to check out Amazon. Haven't tried the Walmart brand. One of my cats has a tendency to get the clumping litter caught in her foot pads and you can hear her clicking away across the floor so we know that doesn't happen with the Costco brand.

it's not Walmart brand, it's Arm & Hammer unscented but both Amazon & Walmart carry it

Have you ever been a situation where there was no water service and your plumbing didn't work?

If so, you'll be glad for the kitty litter.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Maybe they were told to "look like the public thinks doctors look"?

Usually, the spokes-doctors are older and have positions within the hospital hierarchy (and usually wear suits).

I think it's fair to say that young doctor didn't come immediately out of the infectious disease or presidential units.
Every time I go to the ranch. It's completely off grid. Never needed any kitty litter.

Barr is in self-quarantine, gets 3rd negative test result

Department of Justice spokeswoman Kerri Kupec told reporters that Attorney General Bill Barr is self-quarantining at home, but has so far tested negative for the virus.

The spokeswoman would not provide more details about Barr’s self-quarantine.

This is the third time he has tested negative for COVID-19 since last Tuesday's debate. Barr attended the Sept. 26 event at the White House where President Trump announced Judge Amy Coney Barrett as his Supreme Court Justice nominee.

Trump COVID-19 live updates: President briefly leaves hospital by car to greet supporters

Hi everyone - I'm hitting the ground running here (from Australia) and I'm confessing to only reading back a few posts... so - those doctors who paraded in their 'white coats' with freshly embroidered positions on them, was I watching an episode of SNL?? Real physicians don't wear white coats, nor ties, if they know a thing about communicable diseases...
Actually, yes they do, especially when they are speaking to the country On live television. Please enlighten me.... what do you find wrong with that?
ETA: self moderating

Last edited:

lots of white coats here at hospitals where I live in Canada
also my oncologist is always in a shirt & tie

For me, blame is neither here nor there.

But role modeling, accountability, sanity and rationality are important - or else, why do we even have law enforcement, or medicine, or teaching?

It's not that "it can happen to anyone regardless of how much they try to protect themselves." That = "Everyone can be a murderer." Not true, look up people's with Williams Syndrome - or look into yourself. Do you really think you could murder? First degree?

WS is predicated on our ability to make reasonable claims about crime and human behavior. It's so disheartening to hear

If a person does not wear a mask, and goes out in public not just once but repeatedly, you are saying that someone who has not left their (detached) home even one time during this pandemic and has had only 1-2 grocery deliveries that stay on the porch for a week...is equally likely to get it as a student who is dancing close indoors with as many people as possible?

I'm sorry if that's rude - but yes, LE and nurses and care workers and firemen and doctors get it.

You can't possibly believe that's random and that everyone takes the same chances. Well - you can believe that, but it stymies me that anyone thinks everyone has the same chance of getting it.

If you mostly stay home, have everything delivered, take precautions about handling things, wash your hands repeatedly, wear a good mask always, social distance, your chances are not equal to those who don't do those things.

How are people supposed to learn? I keep hearing "just tell them that they are risking themselves." (Apparently doesn't work). Or Give Them Consequences (seems to work in Australia, New Zealand). Or trust their common sense (doesn't work in the US apparently)? Or something else? I'm truly asking - I don't know any more. I used to think teaching was important (and still do, but apparently, it's not something a lot of other people believe in).

I realize that some people are incapable of learning or have learning deficits, but that's my point - not everyone is equally capable of almost anything. But I believe if most humans can learn to read and write well enough to apply for a driver's license and pass the DL test, they can also learn to wear some kind of mask, stay 6 feet away from the next person, and wash their hands.

If we do that - our chances of getting CoVid are so much smaller, and you'll never convince me that it's all equal.

BBM - Great points

Everyone is looking up to someone whether they realize it or not. That someone may be a parent, a teacher, a friend, religious figure or even a political figure. They watch for both what is being permitted and what is being promoted and then behave accordingly. I believe in order to get more people to wear masks, we need more of the people they look up to to wear masks. To get more people to social distance, the people they look up to should promote social distancing behavior in how they set up events, etc.

I believe teaching is important, but these times are not so much about teaching for knowledge retention. We are in need of changing the behaviors of adults who have lived their lives thus fur in a mask-less society, at large social gatherings, going to concerts, and simply living life in a very different way in a non-pandemic era. Teaching for Knowledge retention and use versus teaching for behavior change or new norms are very different in my opinion.

I feel progress is being made. I have noticed more people behaving differently the last two months in the areas I frequent, but I do agree there is so much further to go.
JMO

Actually, yes they do when they are speaking to the country On live television. Please enlighten me.... what do you find wrong with that? Talk about nit picky, or Do you just enjoy insulting Americans? This is a sincere question.
No. Why do they need white coats for television?

I found it interesting that he has Physician to the President embroidered on his white coat. Along with his name.

xx2.JPG

Yes, we don't see doctors in white coats here in Oz. Scrubs for surgery and ER/ED, regular clothes in other instances.
When I lived in the US, none of my doctors wore a white coat either.
I think in Oz we see a white coat as more of a lab technicians coat.

I wonder if it is sort of a uniform at Walter Reed, being a military hospital. All of the doctors in the pic seem to have similar embroidery on their white coats. Name and "rank" (title) on their white coats.

Trump declares 'I get it,' then briefly leaves hospital
Walter Reed Army Medical Center - Wikipedia

Last edited:
BBM - Great points

Everyone is looking up to someone whether they realize it or not. That someone may be a parent, a teacher, a friend, religious figure or even a political figure. They watch for both what is being permitted and what is being promoted and then behave accordingly. I believe in order to get more people to wear masks, we need more of the people they look up to to wear masks. To get more people to social distance, the people they look up to should promote social distancing behavior in how they set up events, etc.

I believe teaching is important, but these times are not so much about teaching for knowledge retention. We are in need of changing the behaviors of adults who have lived their lives thus fur in a mask-less society, at large social gatherings, going to concerts, and simply living life in a very different way in a non-pandemic era. Teaching for Knowledge retention and use versus teaching for behavior change or new norms are very different in my opinion.

I feel progress is being made. I have noticed more people behaving differently the last two months in the areas I frequent, but I do agree there is so much further to go.
JMO
Maybe I'm getting old but I don't look up to anyone anymore. Probably the last person I did was my dad and he died 11 years ago.

I make my decisions by using my experience, common sense, and self education.

No one is in control of my actions but myself. JMO

Because oncologists generally talk about treatment. They don't administer, and if they do, they should be doing so in sterile conditions, which includes their clothing. Cotton coats don't pass for PPE in a clinical environment.

Maybe I'm getting old but I don't look up to anyone anymore. Probably the last person I did was my dad and he died 11 years ago.

I make my decisions by using my experience, common sense, and self education.

No one is in control of my actions but myself. JMO

I make my own decisions as well but I base them on what I have learned from or observed by people I respected at various times in my life, along with self education as you mentioned. Maybe respected versus looked up to would have made more sense. I do understand what you are saying though.

yes - if the person is actually inside, performing a medical task, it's common here.

However, for hospital spokespersons, it is not as common. But it is a military hospital and may have rules and regs about dress. I have no clue.

BBM - Great points

JMO

Surely facts help with this, though?

I wouldn't wear a mask if I didn't have facts that it would work. I wouldn't get a needle in my arm if I didn't believe that vaccines work.

In my view, it's harder to teach students critical thinking and easier to make them learn facts. Teaching for 40 years now.

Both things are necessary - but showing students what viruses actually do and how merciless they are (with motion pictures filmed of viruses in action) works better than trying to get them to reason out things on their own.

Still, a whole bunch do not watch or do not learn or care (by either method).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cl30092