Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #81

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't want spin. Right now, they are all evading a big question in my thinking...

If T is tested every day, when were the last "Negative" test results?
That fact would help us focus more on the timing of his infection, and how to look at the days following that Negative result.
Why is this such a difficult question to get the answer ? IMO I think he wasn’t tested as often and they need to backtrack- I would back it up to that Monday
JMO

Walter Reed attending physician slams Trump motorcade photo op: "The irresponsibility is astounding"

An attending physician at Walter Reed National Medical Center harshly criticized Trump’s motorcade photo op as something which could endanger lives of Secret Service agents who accompanied him in his SUV.

“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity,” Dr. James Phillips tweeted.

Phillips went on to say it was unlikely the President's motorcade had been approved by medical professionals without outside political influence.

"That's not standard practice by any means and I have a hard time believing that without undue influence, based on their chain of command, that those physicians would have cleared that," he said of the President's motorcade.

"When we take care of patients in the emergency department, or in the thousands of hours I've spent in the inpatient wards and surgery and medicine and ICU, we don't let the patients leave the hospital when they're sick, unless they sign out against medical advice," he added. "...The idea that this would be cleared without any medical indication is absurd."
I am sorry, but this doctor sounds unhinged when he says:

“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity..."

HYPERBOLE?

First of all, it was the attending doctors that allowed the POTUS to make that trip. I assume the doctor at Walter Reed that is treating the President, knows what he is doing. *

Second, the agents are behind a glass partition, and separated from the President in the back seat, and they were decked out fully in PPE.*

And they had the air on recycle, and not hermetically sealed.

So I doubt these agents are going to drop dead from that car ride.

I think the partisan political divide is responsible for some of the over the top reactions from some of these medical experts. JMO

*The President’s doctors approved his drive-by supporters outside the hospital this afternoon. “The movement was cleared by the medical team as safe to do,” @JuddPDeere45 tells CBS News. “Appropriate precautions were taken” to protect the Pres and all supporting his motorcade.

*Sharyl Attkisson: “Did you know:1. President’s limo doesn’t always drive around “hermetically sealed”? It has capability to cut off outside air. 2. There’s glass partition between masked Trump & front seat masked agents?3. Fresh air enters thru series of high efficiency filters? #TheMoreYouKnow”

McDaniel was with Trump on a trip to Charlotte on Thursday, Sept. 24.

She was last with the President last Friday, Sept. 25.

She did not attend the Rose Garden event. She has been at her home in Michigan since last Saturday (9/26) .

“After a member of her family tested positive for COVID-19, the chairwoman was tested for the virus. On Wednesday afternoon (9/30) , she got confirmation that she was COVID-19 positive.”

Ronna McDaniel, Republican Chair, Tests Positive For COVID-19

RNC chairwoman tests positive for coronavirus
yes, these are the details that make me want to hear more NOW.....
i have found nothing that is newer than two days ago....

I am still believing that the mounting of infection started before the Rose Garden event.

<RSBM>

First of all, it was the attending doctors that allowed the POTUS to make that trip. I assume the doctor at Walter Reed that is treating the President, knows what he is doing. *

I referenced in my (long) post a page or so back, it is said that Dr Conley - the president's physician - as a Naval Officer will not defy an order given by the Commander in Chief.

I am sorry, but this doctor sounds unhinged when he says:

“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity..."

HYPERBOLE?

Second, the agents are behind a glass partition, and separated from the President in the back seat, and they were decked out fully in PPE.*

And they had the air on recycle, and not hermetically sealed.

So I doubt these agents are going to drop dead from that car ride.

I think the partisan political divide is responsible for some of the over the top reactions from some of these medical experts. JMO

*The President’s doctors approved his drive-by supporters outside the hospital this afternoon. “The movement was cleared by the medical team as safe to do,” @JuddPDeere45 tells CBS News. “Appropriate precautions were taken” to protect the Pres and all supporting his motorcade.

*Sharyl Attkisson: “Did you know:1. President’s limo doesn’t always drive around “hermetically sealed”? It has capability to cut off outside air. 2. There’s glass partition between masked Trump & front seat masked agents?3. Fresh air enters thru series of high efficiency filters? #TheMoreYouKnow”
Why didn’t he just go back to the White House? Why back to Walter Reed?

Why is this such a difficult question to get the answer ? IMO I think he wasn’t tested as often and they need to backtrack- I would back it up to that Monday
JMO

I agree, he may have last been tested Monday, if that.

I don't believe Trump was tested on Tuesday because the entire Republican party showed up "too late" to be tested before the debate. So there is no "real" record of Trump being tested that day.

Whether he had one on Wednesday, I'm not sure. He had one taken on Thursday morning (after Hicks' announcement). When that came back positive, he still went about his business meeting fundraisers in NJ while waiting for the longer, more detailed test results, when he received positive results, again, later that night.

I referenced in my (long) post a page or so back, it is said that Dr Conley - the president's physician - as a Naval Officer will not defy an order given by the Commander in Chief.

I imagine he would do everything possible to make the President's request happen, as long as it would not do him or other's damage.

I don't see what damage was done here.

He is possibly going back to the White House today and being discharged. So it didnt seem to affect his condition. I guess we have to wait and see....

But I don't think the agents were in any danger, according to what I have read about the precautions.

'I'm completely sick': Alexander Zverev plays in French Open despite Covid-like symptoms — CNN

“World no.7 Alexander Zverev has revealed he played in his French Open fourth-round match on Sunday despite having Covid-like symptoms.

Zverev lost 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 to Italian teenager Jannik Sinner at Roland Garros but admits his was feeling sick and had a high fever during the match.

"I'm completely sick. I can't really breathe, as you can hear by my voice," the 23-year-old told reporters at the post-match press conference.

"I had fever, you know, as well. Yeah I'm not in the best physical state, I would say. I think that had a little bit of an effect on the match today. I warmed up today; I shouldn't have played."

Zverev also told reporters that he had a 100.4° temperature following his victory over Marco Cecchinato in the third round on Friday.

Per the French Tennis Federation (FFT), any accredited person showing symptoms including a fever or breathing difficulties, should "report to the stadium infirmaries" for a test in a dedicated room, according to the New York Times.

In a statement sent to CNN from the FFT, it confirmed that Zverev "did not consult the tournament doctors before his match."

"Zverev is up to date on his tests, which have all been negative. His last test was on September 29, with results received on September 30. Today he received a reminder for his next test, to be carried out within 5 days of the previous results. He did not consult the tournament doctors before his match."

The US Open runner-up, who was not wearing a mask during the match, was inspected during the first set of the match by medical officials and was given nasal spray for which he used on both of his nostrils.

Last month, during the trophy presentation at the US Open, Zverev revealed his parents had tested positive for Covid-19 and couldn't be with him during that tournament.”
What’s with these people? Ignorance or I just don’t care?

I think people do their own risk assessments and live their own lives. We have all the info and we make our own choices.
This study recap doesn't give a lot of detailed info, but some on why most follow advice:

COVID-19: Social dilemmas about protective measures

[It notes that beliefs about COVID-19, such as thinking that the disease is dangerous or feelings of vulnerability, have little impact on whether or not an individual takes up protective measures. The people least likely to adopt these measures are those who believe that the precautions taken by others mean that they do not need to take their own....

The psychologists observed that preventive measures were spontaneously adopted by a large section of the population. "It's a known phenomenon. Informing people about the presence of a danger is enough to bring about a massive and rapid change in behaviour."

Level of education, family environment, age and the number of cases declared in the region do not influence behaviour. "It's an outcome that contradicts rumours claiming that certain categories of the population, such as young people, followed instructions less than others," adds Moussaoui.

"If no one else is doing it, why should I be the only one making the effort? " The more the study participants agreed with this question, the less they adopted preventive measures. Another factor negatively influences their adoption: the "drop-in-the-bucket" phenomenon -- the feeling that your own contribution is pointless compared to the size of the danger. Finally, the study emphasises the fact that the more social contacts the participants had, such as professional relationships, the more they felt vulnerable, even though this did not inspire them to adopt the correct actions.]

Pain relief caused by SARS-CoV-2 infection may help explain COVID-19 spread

["It made a lot of sense to me that perhaps the reason for the unrelenting spread of COVID-19 is that in the early stages, you're walking around all fine as if nothing is wrong because your pain has been suppressed," said Dr. Khanna. "You have the virus, but you don't feel bad because you pain is gone. If we can prove that this pain relief is what is causing COVID-19 to spread further, that's of enormous value."]

Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson defended his decision to attend a fundraiser while waiting to get his coronavirus test results — insisting he was asymptomatic and never expected to test positive.

The 65-year-old Republican told the station that he only took the test as a precaution after fellow Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah tested positive.

“I am not going in there with symptoms and getting a test. I am going in there symptom-free,” Johnson added, saying he likely caught the virus from his chief of staff.

His office said the senator had just left a 14-day quarantine after twice testing negative following an earlier potential exposure.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/05/sen-johnson-defends-fundraiser-amid-covid-19-exposure/
Nice (not) that he’s now spread coronavirus. Symptom free but didn’t quarantine 14 days. Money talks. Another case of rules belong to others but not me.

I imagine he would do everything possible to make the President's request happen, as long as it would not do him or other's damage.

He is possibly going back to the White House today and being discharged. So it didnt seem to affect his condition. I guess we have to wait and see....

But I don't think the agents were in any danger, according to what I have read about the precautions.
Guess we’ll find out. They are now quarantined. Would you get into a vehicle with a person who you know has the virus?

"That should never have happened," one current Secret Service agent who works on the presidential and first family detail said after Trump's drive-by, adding that those agents who went along for the ride would now be required to quarantine.
Inside Trump's Walter Reed parade - CNNPolitics

Last edited:

It was wrong because no patient should be allowed to leave a hospital without being signed out or discharged.

It was wrong and a slap in the face to the millions of families that have loved ones in hospitals right now fighting the disease. I'm sorry, but there is no way to justify Trump's joyride trip around the block while being a patient in the hospital.

What’s with these people? Ignorance or I just don’t care?
“Zverev is up to date on his tests, which have all been negative. His last test was on September 29, with results received on September 30. Today he received a reminder for his next test, to be carried out within 5 days of the previous results. He did not consult the tournament doctors before his match."
He tested on the 29th, results on the 30th and he was to test again WITHIN 5 days.
Which would have before the match?
It appears he was not ignorant of Covid since both his parents has tested positive very recently. He deliberately played sick.
JMO

Guess we’ll find out. They are now quarantined. Would you get into a vehicle with a person who you know has the virus?

These are the messages that make people lax in their views of helping each other survive this disease.
Really, we are defending the ride outside BECAUSE there was glass between the seats.

I see it as a slap-in-the-face to every person restricted from having ANY loved one near them when in hospital, in long term care or even at home.

Why do we continue to excuse behavior, when it is just so unfair to others..........

And then we wonder why the whole world thinks we are ALL crazy here in the US, thinking most of us just dismiss our 7,500,000 cases.......

It's got nothing to do with whether someone was 'hurt' by the spin, it's the fact that a medical doctor who is in the position to provide the public with unvarnished information chose not to and as such spent a good portion of today's truncated PC walking back his statements. That's not good medicine.

As I understand it, doctors are responsible first to their patients, so I don't know that they should offer "unvarnished information" to the public or anyone else. If a patient has a terminal illness and asks the doctor not to share that information, the doctor doesn't share.

That said, it's probably better to just say "no comment," than to say something that needs to be walked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc