Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an amateur, but if he's in a high risk category, I'd suggest you get him tested ASAP. I feel like time is of the essence with this virus. If he is positive, you'll be in glad he got fast attention. If he's negative, you can rest easy.

Thank you; i just wonder if he tests now, would it be too soon to be positive?

Last edited:
REMOTE, (Oct. 22, 2020): The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) today updated its COVID-19 guidance for indoor visits in residential care facilities to include guidelines related to voting.

The updated guidance clarifies that family members, friends, and certain other people may visit facility residents in order to help them vote from now until polls close on Nov. 3. The guidance also permits visits to help a resident “cure” a ballot when needed, through Nov. 12.

Visitors must take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including screening for symptoms before visiting, wearing a mask, and limiting visits to outdoor areas, if possible. COVID-19 testing prior to visits for voting purposes is not required.

The update to this guidance is part of the state’s ongoing efforts to ensure that Coloradans are able to cast their ballots safely from now until the general election on Nov. 3. For more information on voting and the election, visit govotecolorado.gov.

State updates guidance for residential care visits to ensure voting is accessible | Colorado COVID-19 Updates

Horrors! What could possibly go wrong?

I've had people resign from their jobs at my work, because I wont allow them to wear visors. They put their resignation in as an ultimatum. I accepted it.

One even wrote that they had been to an expensive restaurant and staff were wearing visors, we didnt know what we were doing..... I pointed her to the legalities of what constitutes a safe face covering (and secretly wished her well with her health, going to places like that!).

As a business, it may sound harsh but I think we're better off without them. We dont want arguments from employees, just maximum safety compliance.

I just literally give up on ending this pandemic. Expelling 12,000 foreign doctors. Well, don't we just need that!!!

Some doctors fighting the pandemic now have another thing to worry about - CNN

It doesn't sound like they're expelling anyone--just requiring an additional step for J-1 visa holders mostly because we have foreign exchange students here on J-1 visas who are not attending universities in person due to covid.

But, there is a method for doctors doing their residencies to stay.

They should lose their Registered Charity status too.

While their behavior is foolhardy, I doubt it violates IRS non-profit restrictions for charitable organizations.

It doesn't sound like they're expelling anyone--just requiring an additional step for J-1 visa holders mostly because we have foreign exchange students here on J-1 visas who are not attending universities in person due to covid.

But, there is a method for doctors doing their residencies to stay.

It's worse. Here is the rest of the story, according to this article.

But under the proposed rule, the annual visa renewal would require an additional step -- applying through US Customs and Immigration Services. That processing time could take 5 to 19 months, according to the USCIS website, and interrupt doctors' ability to continue working at their hospitals.
And the Association of American Medical Colleges projects a shortage of up to 139,000 physicians in the US by 2033.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991