Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a friend that was possibly exposed to Covid around Thanksgiving. Her adult son visited her and felt symptoms the next day. Not sure when he got the test but it came back positive. His mom is attending a Bible study tonight. I don't know if there is mask wearing. She only told one person, my relative and doesn't know I even know. They tried telling her not to have the son visit in the first place as he works a high risk job and of course not to attend the Bible study for now.

I know a friend that was possibly exposed to Covid around Thanksgiving. Her adult son visited her and felt symptoms the next day. Not sure when he got the test but it came back positive. His mom is attending a Bible study tonight. I don't know if there is mask wearing. She only told one person, my relative and doesn't know I even know. They tried telling her not to have the son visit in the first place as he works a high risk job and of course not to attend the Bible study for now.

So “love of neighbor” must not extend to those she will be seeing tonight?

We have another respiratory infection that seems to be circulating in Australia just now. A nurse friend of mine told us this week how it is prevalent in her hospital. The only staff who are not catching it (in her hospital) are the emergency room staff, who wear masks all the time.

They fear it may be because we are relaxing, due to having covid somewhat under control.

Australians are suffering from flu-like symptoms, including cough and fever, at their highest level since social distancing measures took effect earlier this year, according to monitoring survey FluTracking.
As Australians report a rise in flu-like symptoms, experts say we're stepping into 'the dangerous unknown'

Last edited:
Oxford-AstraZeneca has published its final-stage clinical trial data ... first covid vaccine maker to do so.

Oxford University and AstraZeneca on Tuesday became the first Covid-19 vaccine makers to publish final-stage clinical trial data in a scientific journal, clearing a key hurdle in the global race to produce safe and effective drugs for the coronavirus.
The study, published in the respected Lancet medical journal, confirmed that the vaccine works in an average of 70 percent of cases.
Coronavirus Australia: State ends 120 days virus-free streak

Here is the trial data, for those who are interested ....
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32623-4/fulltext

They just pulled poor Dez Bryant(RAVENS) off the field:

@jonmachota
According to @JayGlazer
Dez Bryant had an inconclusive COVID-19 test this morning and thought he could play tonight. When he was warming up, the doctors pulled him because the test was inconclusive. They retested him at the stadium. That test came back positive. He was sent home.

Last edited:
I get angry, sad and afraid from all that is going on. Wish more people had some common sense. My sister lost 2 Covid patients over the weekend. I haven't talked with her much since hearing about it. She is very quiet.
:( How hard that must be on her, and then this friend not concerned she might have it?
A jumble of emotions.

Last edited:
FWIW, if the exposure was on Thanksgiving Day and she’s not developed symptoms at this point, it’s highly unlikely she’s infected. She would be allowed to return to work/school under current guidelines here. Personally, I would want to test prior to resuming normal activity, but that’s me.

How wonderful that he was able to receive immediate response to his positive Covid test. Glad that he is feeling better, after the best medical care available.

Did he meet some sort of medical, "Triage" criteria for immediate medical action?

Just in contrast, here is an article about a woman, who couldn't even get a Covid test. And her symptoms were so minor, she was turned away...she is dead.

Mother of a teacher who died from COVID-19 also dies from virus weeks later, family says

one of my FB 'friends' has had 18 tests
18!
why are some people getting so many and others can't even get one?!

How wonderful that he was able to receive immediate response to his positive Covid test. Glad that he is feeling better, after the best medical care available.

Did he meet some sort of medical, "Triage" criteria for immediate medical action?

Just in contrast, here is an article about a woman, who couldn't even get a Covid test. And her symptoms were so minor, she was turned away...she is dead.

Mother of a teacher who died from COVID-19 also dies from virus weeks later, family says

According to the article, she was tested at urgent care. This is standard here as well. Hospitals test those who are sick enough to be admitted. Urgent care tests anyone else. Hospitals don’t have the testing capacity to test anyone/everyone regardless of severity of symptoms.

so she's still going to bible study despite her son's diagnosis? wow, just wow

ETA: 'someone' should call all the bible study members to let them know they might be exposed to it ...

18!

We were actually just talking about this. I have not been tested for Covid. Sure, I have had a few sniffles, a sore throat, but I don't think that it was Covid. Meanwhile, a co-worker, has literally gone as many times as your FB friend...seems like she comes to work Monday, feels sick Monday night, calls in sick Tuesday, schedules her test, gets in by Wednesday, and can't come back to work until she has her results...and with the liberal Covid SL now...

No preferential treatment for Queen Elizabeth. Gotta love her!

The Queen is expected to receive the Covid-19 vaccine within weeks – and then reveal she has been given it to encourage more people to take up the vital jab.

Senior sources say both the 94-year-old Monarch and Prince Philip, 99, will not get preferential treatment, but will instead 'wait in line' during the first wave of injections reserved for the over-80s and care home residents.

Both are expected to accept the offer of the injection on the advice of their doctors.

Queen, 94, 'to get Covid vaccine in weeks' along with Prince Philip, 99 | Daily Mail Online

18!
Is your friend in healthcare or are these tests being done at urgent care or a free testing site? I work in healthcare. I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve been tested. Currently, we test twice a week. It was once a week for months. I’ve also tested numerous times at urgent care and at the hospital half a dozen times. If I had to guess, I would say I’ve been tested 30-40 times with no end in sight.

My ex-husband works in healthcare in the highest risk job possible and has never been tested.

The testing requirements for health care workers vary... a lot. Like, a whole lot.

Arizona Department of Health Services on Tuesday announced 12,314 new cases of coronavirus, marking the highest number of cases reported in one day since the pandemic began.

Arizona sets record for COVID-19 cases reported in one day, White House recommends stronger mitigation measures | 12news.com
Arizona sets record for COVID-19 cases reported in one day, White House recommends stronger mitigation measures | 12news.com

Last week on local news, at a news conference, our Govenor Ducey was asked by a reporter why he wasn't responding to physicians' pleas for help
His response:
I'm leading with my heart

Me:
Oh great

Is your friend in healthcare or are these tests being done at urgent care or a free testing site? I work in healthcare. I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve been tested. Currently, we test twice a week. It was once a week for months. I’ve also tested numerous times at urgent care and at the hospital half a dozen times. If I had to guess, I would say I’ve been tested 30-40 times with no end in sight.

My ex-husband works in healthcare in the highest risk job possible and has never been tested.

The testing requirements for health care workers vary... a lot. Like, a whole lot.

no she doesn't work in healthcare
she's supposedly high-risk but I think she's raising her own risks by even going out to get the test

Arizona Department of Health Services on Tuesday announced 12,314 new cases of coronavirus, marking the highest number of cases reported in one day since the pandemic began.

Last week on local news, at a news conference, our Govenor Ducey was asked by a reporter why he wasn't responding to physicians' pleas for help
His response:
I'm leading with my heart

Me:
Oh great

What the heck does that mean? Leading with his heart? o_O
His heart is closed to the physicians pleas for help? For the anguish they are experiencing?

I also heard they overpaid a bunch of unemployed AZ people, and now they want the money back, right before Christmas. Which must be hard as people wait for federal covid assistance.

Thousands of letters have been sent to unemployment recipients claiming they owe money back to Arizona because of overpayments.
Because of this, one Arizona family was told they owed at least $8,000 back to the state. Their debt has since been wiped clean.
The Williams family was months behind on rent and was concerned they were going to be homeless soon. Add on multiple medical conditions, finding a new job to pay off the debt was nearly impossible.
They said the department signed him up for the wrong benefits and now he owes $8,000 back to the state. The stress made things worse for his health.
DES sends overpayment letters to some unemployed Arizonans | News Break

Last edited:
We were actually just talking about this. I have not been tested for Covid. Sure, I have had a few sniffles, a sore throat, but I don't think that it was Covid. Meanwhile, a co-worker, has literally gone as many times as your FB friend...seems like she comes to work Monday, feels sick Monday night, calls in sick Tuesday, schedules her test, gets in by Wednesday, and can't come back to work until she has her results...and with the liberal Covid SL now...
That her way of skipping work. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member