Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"An indoor event celebrating a bar opening in rural Illinois has been linked to a COVID-19 outbreak that resulted in 46 cases and a school closure affecting 650 students, according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study published Monday."....

...reports indicated patrons were inconsistent in wearing masks and maintaining a safe distance.....

The Illinois public health department discovered one of the customers who attended the event was asymptomatic but received a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis the day before attending."

'Repeating the same exact mistakes': Bar linked to COVID-19 outbreak resulting in 46 cases, 650 kids sent home from school

Etc, etc, and so on and so on.

jmo

Reports of Alabama fan dying of COVID-19 after attending men's NCAA tournament leads to investigation — USA TODAY

“The Marion County health department is investigating whether anyone in Indianapolis was exposed by any Alabama residents after news reports of an NCAA fan dying of complications of COVID-19.

Luke Ratliff, a 23-year-old student at the University of Alabama, died after a brief illness days after attending the NCAA Tournament in Indianapolis, his father has confirmed. Multiple people told The Tuscaloosa News that he had died of
complications related to COVID-19.

Ratliff, a major fan of the school's basketball team, was hospitalized shortly after returning to Tuscaloosa on March 29. He had attended the school's game against UCLA at Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis the night before.”

Oh no....that picture of him with his mask pulled down cheering....did they not require negative covid tests for spectators like they did for everyone else? Was he sick while he was there. :eek:

The Best Way to Honor Alabama Superfan Luke Ratliff is to Live Like He Did with Unwavering Positivity and Unmatched Energy

How sad that the thing that brought him the greatest fulfillment most likely contributed to his passing.

Last edited:
My state of Vermont is going to be COMPLETELY OPEN for business again on July 4 2021, our Governor of Vermont, Pete Scott has just announced. I'm a bit puzzled by his announcement.. I am writing this on April 6, 2021, as covid cases are 'ramping up' again in our state. HOW in the world can he predict the future and make a statement like this? :confused:

"An indoor event celebrating a bar opening in rural Illinois has been linked to a COVID-19 outbreak that resulted in 46 cases and a school closure affecting 650 students, according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study published Monday."....

...reports indicated patrons were inconsistent in wearing masks and maintaining a safe distance.....

The Illinois public health department discovered one of the customers who attended the event was asymptomatic but received a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis the day before attending."

'Repeating the same exact mistakes': Bar linked to COVID-19 outbreak resulting in 46 cases, 650 kids sent home from school

jmo

“Attendees included a person who had no symptoms but had received a COVID-19 diagnosis the day before, as well as four people who had symptoms”

So a person knew he/she was positive and went to a packed indoor bar. And 4 others went even though they were sick. How considerate. JMO

A School In Illinois Closed Because A Bunch Of Idiots Spread COVID At A Bar

“More than 600 students in one rural Illinois county were affected when a #COVID19 outbreak forced their school to close earlier this year. The CDC now says a poorly ventilated bar opening event is to blame.

Damnit it’s airborne people.”

Sigh

Last edited:
New videos with Biden, “there’s some good news, but there’s also some bad news...”, and he talks about “variants”. Watching now, my copy and paste has gone out again so can’t link. So can google “Biden variants”.

“New variants of the virus are spreading and they’re moving quickly. Cases are going back up.”
-President Biden

jmo

And so on, and so on, and scooby dooby doo...
--Sly and the Family Stone, "Everyday People"
(this is a great song, by the way)

:rolleyes:
CDC's messaging problem highlights pandemic's uncertain future
Muuch more at link
At a particularly crucial juncture in the pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has a messaging problem.
:rolleyes:

The CDC has had a mixed message problem from the beginning of this pandemic: it didn't help that the CDC allowed itself to take orders from president Trump- they just buckled under the pressure--- They are trying to right the ship now, but they have a credibility problem

First Cases Of COVID-19 P.1 Variant Detected In Colorado

“Two cases of the COVID-19 P.1 variant have been detected in Colorado, the Centers for Disease Control announced Tuesday. This is the first detection of P.1 in the state. Both cases are residents of Boulder County.“

* This variant has been known to reinfect.

Brazil...man oh man, watching latest videos...young people & more severity is the common theme.

Last edited:
I can’t even tell all you posters how much this Covid board has helped me over the last 12+ months. It’s my daily dose of anxious sanity after hearing nonsense all day every day much like the poster above who mentioned the cdc has a problem with being seen as reliable. I agree it’s the sad truth. There is as much misinformation that I hear now as I heard Feb a year ago. I’m just so thankful to be able to come here and read posts regarding science and advocating caution and responsibility. Thank you.

I can’t even tell all you posters how much this Covid board has helped me over the last 12+ months. Rsbm There is as much misinformation that I hear now as I heard Feb a year ago. I’m just so thankful to be able to come here and read posts regarding science and advocating caution and responsibility. Thank you.

“Caution and responsibility”, well said.

I can’t even tell all you posters how much this Covid board has helped me over the last 12+ months. It’s my daily dose of anxious sanity after hearing nonsense all day every day much like the poster above who mentioned the cdc has a problem with being seen as reliable. I agree it’s the sad truth. There is as much misinformation that I hear now as I heard Feb a year ago. I’m just so thankful to be able to come here and read posts regarding science and advocating caution and responsibility. Thank you.

I so agree with you: WS has helped me retain what sanity I have left !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member