Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #94

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Our results show reduced effectiveness against the [South African] variant only in a short window of time (7-13 days post-second dose) since all the breakthrough cases we saw were in this time frame,”

These people are supposed to be wearing masks and taking all precautions for two weeks after vaccination.

COVID In Colorado: Appearance Of Brazilian Variant Making State's Medical Community 'A Little Bit Jittery'

“DENVER (CBS4)– Colorado health officials are once again reporting a rise in the number of COVID-19 variants in the state, and CBS4 Medical Editor Dr. Dave Hnida says one in particular has doctors on edge: the Brazilian (P.1) variant.”

[...]

“Last week, Colorado state epidemiologist Dr. Rachel Herlihy said there is some limited data on the Brazilian variant showing reduced vaccine effectiveness.

“We always worry about just how effective the vaccines are going to be. Each week there becomes an increasing risk that the vaccines will become less effective against things like the Brazilian variant, as well as the other variants.“

My state of Vermont is going to be COMPLETELY OPEN for business again on July 4 2021, our Governor of Vermont, Pete Scott has just announced. I'm a bit puzzled by his announcement.. I am writing this on April 6, 2021, as covid cases are 'ramping up' again in our state. HOW in the world can he predict the future and make a statement like this? :confused:

In other words, we want those tourists to come visit! Just wear a mask. It is perfectly fine. Of course.

CDC director says Michigan needs to shut down AGAIN amid rising coronavirus cases | Daily Mail Online

Head of CDC advises Governor Whitmer to shut down the state: Whitmer is not going to do it. To be honest, at this point I don't think people will cooperate anyway. What I think is really happening is that people are getting together in small groups, parties, dinners, etc. and this is at least partly responsible for the huge surge in cases. Even if the state shuts down people are going to continue to live like there is no pandemic and Governor Whitmer knows it.

In other words, we want those tourists to come visit! Just wear a mask. It is perfectly fine. Of course.

No, that wasn't what I took from Scott's announcement. I took it to mean that masks will no longer be mandatory, it's up to the individual whether they choose to wear one or not.

My apology for my error, my governor's name is Phil Scott.. not Pete Scott. :rolleyes:

Alaska woman caught COVID-19 a second time after Johnson & Johnson vaccine — Fox News

“Akers first caught COVID in December, and she was sick with an unusually intense headache and symptoms similar to the common cold.

She said she was eager to get the vaccine on March 5 after her recovery because of an underlying health condition of rheumatoid arthritis.

Later that month, she fell ill again with fatigue, nausea and chest congestion during a weekend gateway to a lake with family and friends.

"I still didn't believe anything was wrong," Akers told the newspaper. "I told my family I want to go home. 'Not to worry — it's not COVID.' I said that."

:eek:

She got COVID-19, got vaccinated - and then got COVID again

Alaska woman caught COVID-19 a second time after Johnson & Johnson vaccine — Fox News

“Akers first caught COVID in December, and she was sick with an unusually intense headache and symptoms similar to the common cold.

She said she was eager to get the vaccine on March 5 after her recovery because of an underlying health condition of rheumatoid arthritis.

Later that month, she fell ill again with fatigue, nausea and chest congestion during a weekend gateway to a lake with family and friends.

"I still didn't believe anything was wrong," Akers told the newspaper. "I told my family I want to go home. 'Not to worry — it's not COVID.' I said that."

:eek:

She got COVID-19, got vaccinated - and then got COVID again

I wonder if people (and that includes the media) understand the efficacy of the vaccines.

While J&J's vaccine has 66.3% effectiveness overall and 74.4% effectiveness in the United States, it has "100% efficacy against hospitalization and death from the virus," said Dr. Irons. "That's really what we have to focus on."
What doctors wish patients knew about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine

I wonder if people (and that includes the media) understand the efficacy of the vaccines.

While J&J's vaccine has 66.3% effectiveness overall and 74.4% effectiveness in the United States, it has "100% efficacy against hospitalization and death from the virus," said Dr. Irons. "That's really what we have to focus on."
What doctors wish patients knew about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
After over a year of being told to stay at home, wear a mask constantly inside and outside plus being separated from family and friends - maybe it’s wishful thinking for some people to believe getting the vaccine prevents you from getting or transmitting the virus?

I have several family members who don’t understand no matter how I explain it.

It seems to me, that Dr. Fauci knows more than what is being released by the media. That may be why he still emphasized that vaccinated people need to continue to wear masks.

Public needs to wear masks 'for several, several months,' Fauci says

I think it is very possible that Dr Fauci is not confident that we know for sure that the vaccines are good against the variants. And perhaps variants are developing so quickly that he is not confident that the current vaccines will be good against near-future variants.

One thing I feel sure of is that Dr Fauci has always been trying to keep people safe ... so when he speaks, we should listen.

Our health minister has ruled out Australia buying any Johnson & Johnson vaccine, even though it is a one-shot vaccine. He said it is too close to being the same as the AstraZeneca vaccine ... as they both utilise adenovirus.

We have now had our 2nd case of blood clots with AstraZeneca. Which brings (for us) the chance of blood clotting down to 1 in 350,000. Still rare - but we are watching.

"We still don't know what the cause of this adverse effect is, whether it relates to just this [AstraZeneca] vaccine or other adenoviruses, we have to wait and see."
Government decides against using Johnson & Johnson's one-dose COVID-19 vaccine in Australia

A Mystery Under Study: How, Why And When COVID Vaccines Aren't Fully Protective — NPR

“So far, more than 74 million people have gotten fully vaccinated in the United States. It's unclear how many have later gotten infected with the coronavirus anyway. But Michigan, Washington and other states have reported hundreds of cases. Most people have gotten only mildly ill, but some have gotten very sick. Some have even died.

Still, at a recent White House briefing, Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institutes of Health noted that such cases of lapses in full protection appear to be very rare. And the deaths seem to be happening primarily among frail elderly people who have other health problems.”

So if you are wanting to get together with older family members such as grandparents- you still need to take the same precautions as before vaccination- everyone wear masks, outdoors, socially distance, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member