DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree.
This is just my opinion.
I think that health insurance companies ARE
going to shut down footing the bill for those who have refused to get vaccinated.
These insurance companies are facing untold millions of dollars to pay for hospitalization of people who have refused the vaccines.

Maybe so, but before they can do that, they will have to change the PPACA because it doesn't permit insurance companies to stop footing the bills for those who are at an increased risk for a health issue, even if that risk is derived from the person's own poor health choices.

And, I can see where changing the law to allow it, could eventually lead to discrimination against the obese, or those who participate in daredevil activities, or those who do not get an annual flu or pneumonia shot. Or one of any other contributing factors.

At the end of the day, ER's and hospitals will not turn those people away, and the taxpayers will end up footing the bill.

Thanks. Not at all what I imagined from the original post. "The people they had to use on the news to advertise who received a shot on-site were from Canada."
In fact, they showed several people getting shots and one couple were Canadian. With the reason they got them while in Arizona being that they had a longer waiting time in Canada due to vaccine shortages. "When presented an opportunity to get the shot, he jumped at it".

The impression I had was that these people hopped over the border, and posed for vaccinations to advertise the vaccination centre. o_O

Macon County Coroner Brian Hayes handles the death certificates for this cattle, corn and soybean region of 15,000 in north-central Missouri, near Kirksville — roughly 130 to 140 deaths each year. That includes certifying the deaths of the few dozen residents who have succumbed to the coronavirus.

And in some cases, it has meant excluding COVID-19 from death certificates.

COVID-19 is as much a political issue as a personal tragedy for some families. They don’t want the virus on any official record for their dead loved one. For others, restrictions on hospital or nursing home visits made death and the grieving process almost unbearable. The word “COVID” had become a cruel reminder of how they couldn’t see their family members as they lay dying and, ultimately, of what they had lost.

So the solution: Leaving COVID-19 off the death certificate entirely — an ethically questionable approach frowned on by much of the U.S. medical community as it tries to ascertain the the deadly extent of the pandemic in rural sections of the country and halt its spread.

The Macon County coroner omitted COVID-19 on at least a half-dozen death certificates in cases where another major factor — pneumonia in an elderly patient or “you know, grandma had one lung and smoked all her life,” for example — could be justified as the sole cause of death.
https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article253147128.html

Yes, I also believe that you are correct. Insurance companies are already giving carrots to get people vaccinated. I suspect that as soon as the vaccine is approved by the Food and Drug Administration, insurance companies will not cover covid treatment for those who refuse vaccinations.

Let's watch for it.

Opinion | Don’t Want a Vaccine? Be Prepared to Pay More for Insurance.

And then people will be in an uproar over THAT....
But I do feel that this is what has to happen.

I saw an article talking about a guy currently hospitalized and the caption was "He still would be hospitalized over getting the vaccine.

They didn't ask him "but what if you had to pay out of your own pocket?"

Everyone is still thinking all this stuff is free. We need a rude awakening.

Macon County Coroner Brian Hayes handles the death certificates for this cattle, corn and soybean region of 15,000 in north-central Missouri, near Kirksville — roughly 130 to 140 deaths each year. That includes certifying the deaths of the few dozen residents who have succumbed to the coronavirus.

COVID-19 is as much a political issue as a personal tragedy for some families. They don’t want the virus on any official record for their dead loved one. For others, restrictions on hospital or nursing home visits made death and the grieving process almost unbearable. The word “COVID” had become a cruel reminder of how they couldn’t see their family members as they lay dying and, ultimately, of what they had lost.

So the solution: Leaving COVID-19 off the death certificate entirely — an ethically questionable approach frowned on by much of the U.S. medical community as it tries to ascertain the the deadly extent of the pandemic in rural sections of the country and halt its spread.

The Macon County coroner omitted COVID-19 on at least a half-dozen death certificates in cases where another major factor — pneumonia in an elderly patient or “you know, grandma had one lung and smoked all her life,” for example — could be justified as the sole cause of death.

Interesting that Missouri, California, Colorado, Maryland and Nevada don't count positive antigen tests in their case count.

“At first it wasn’t a big deal because antigen tests made up like a really tiny share of the overall testing regimen. But by Christmas, it was becoming clear that the antigen tests were a bigger and bigger chunk of the tests that were being used”

The undercounting of COVID-19 deaths can also lead to other unintended issues .... “It has fiscal implications. It has implications around infectious diseases, and for the science … We make a lot of decisions about how we distribute resources based on the incidence of a disease in a community”

Study: Severe COVID, higher viral loads, immune response linked to obesity

Among US Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries diagnosed as having COVID-19, obesity was independently and strongly associated with hospitalization, need for oxygen therapy, higher viral load, and an altered immune response, according to a prospective study late last week in the Journal of Infectious Diseases.

A team led by researchers from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland, used logistic regression models to compare the viral loads and immune responses in obese and non-obese patients at seven military treatment sites, stratified by hospitalization. Patients were included if they had confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or had a recent high-risk exposure to the virus.

Underweight or normal body mass index (BMI) was considered less than 24.8 kg/m2, overweight was 25 to 29.9 kg/m2, obese was 30 to 34.9 kg/m2, and severely obese was 35 kg/m2 and higher.

Of 511 COVID-19 patients, 24% were obese, and 14% were severely obese. Obesity was tied to hospitalization (adjusted odds ratio [aOR], 1.91) and need for supplemental oxygen (aOR, 3.39). Over three-quarters of COVID-19 cases occurred in overweight participants. Among outpatients, those who were severely obese had higher viral loads and greater peak anti–SARS-CoV-2 spike protein immunoglobulin G (IgG) concentrations.

We’ve known for a long time there is greater disease severity and hospitalizations in obese persons, but to actually see they have higher viral loads is very interesting.

Interesting that Missouri, California, Colorado, Maryland and Nevada don't count positive antigen tests in their case count.

“At first it wasn’t a big deal because antigen tests made up like a really tiny share of the overall testing regimen. But by Christmas, it was becoming clear that the antigen tests were a bigger and bigger chunk of the tests that were being used”

The undercounting of COVID-19 deaths can also lead to other unintended issues .... “It has fiscal implications. It has implications around infectious diseases, and for the science … We make a lot of decisions about how we distribute resources based on the incidence of a disease in a community”
[URL="https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e2.htm"]Death Certificate–Based ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes for COVID-19
[/URL]
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/104571/cdc_104571_DS1.pdf?download-document-submit=Download

COVID-19 Death Reporting: Questions and Answers for Medical Examiners, Coroners and Physicians - Mississippi State Department of Health

We’ve known for a long time there is greater disease severity and hospitalizations in obese persons, but to actually see they have higher viral loads is very interesting.

Or shall I say “we” or “I” instead of “they”, lol. So much for not gaining weight during the pandemic!!

New York City is expected to require proof of vaccination for indoor dining and fitness.

Mayor Bill de Blasio plans to announce Tuesday morning that New York City will require proof of vaccination for people participating in indoor activities, including at restaurants, gyms and performances, his latest attempt to spur more vaccinations, according to a city official.

The policy is similar to mandates issued in France and Italy last month and is believed to be the first of its kind in the United States.

New York City is expected to require proof of vaccination for indoor dining and fitness.

In most states its illegal for a coroner, doc, ME, etc. to lie about COD on a death certificate. It used to be illegal in Missouri, but my home state has gone off the rails to crazy town in recent years.

Falsifying that information can pose a threat to the health and welfare of the general public, particularly during a pandemic. Public health is a thing, and Missouri used to be really good at it.

On Missouri death certificates, officials are required to post a primary and secondary cause of death, if applicable. So the excuse that you can post grandma died from COPD instead of COVID 19 is bogus. COPD would be listed as a contributory cause, with COVID 19 as the primary cause of death. Both would be listed in the computer database.

The excuse this guy is using is invalid. Families also are traumatized by the death of loved ones from diseases like cancer or car accidents, but no one falsifies death certificates to make them feel better. Death certificates are legal documents and need to be accurate. They're needed to prevent the spread of disease, protect public sanitation, safe businesses and workplaces, etc. The information is analyzed by insurance companies and other businesses working to make the food we eat, consumer products we buy, health care we receive, cars we drive and roads we build safe for everyone.

Anyone who does genealogical research is familiar with death certificates and their evoluntion into modern times. IIRC, Missouri began requiring them for all deaths at the turn of the 20th century, probably because of the Spanish Flu pandemic. Here's a link to a Missouri Death Certificates from 1931, where doctors show secondary and primary causes of death.

Ancestry.com

In most states its illegal for a coroner, doc, ME, etc. to lie about COD on a death certificate. It used to be illegal in Missouri, but my home state has gone off the rails to crazy town in recent years.

Falsifying that information can pose a threat to the health and welfare of the general public, particularly during a pandemic. Public health is a thing, and Missouri used to be really good at it.

On Missouri death certificates, officials are required to post a primary and secondary cause of death, if applicable. So the excuse that you can post grandma died from COPD instead of COVID 19 is bogus. COPD would be listed as a contributory cause, with COVID 19 as the primary cause of death. Both would be listed in the computer database.

The excuse this guy is using is invalid. Families also are traumatized by the death of loved ones from diseases like cancer or car accidents, but no one falsifies death certificates to make them feel better. Death certificates are legal documents and need to be accurate. They're needed to prevent the spread of disease, protect public sanitation, safe businesses and workplaces, etc. The information is analyzed by insurance companies and other businesses working to make the food we eat, consumer products we buy, health care we receive, cars we drive and roads we build safe for everyone.

Anyone who does genealogical research is familiar with death certificates and their evoluntion into modern times. IIRC, Missouri began requiring them for all deaths at the turn of the 20th century, probably because of the Spanish Flu pandemic. Here's a link to a Missouri Death Certificates from 1931, where doctors show secondary and primary causes of death.

Ancestry.com
Very interesting post. Thank you. I lived in St. Louis for seven years. My MIL took her own life by overdose but the medical examiner put pneumonia on the death certificate. She lived in a very rural town not even large enough to have a school. I’m not sure why he did it. We didn’t know for months until we found it while moving my FIL down here with us after he had a stroke.

Mass
‘The uptick is real’: 2 more Massachusetts cities implement mask mandates
More at link
As the COVID-19 Delta variant continues to cause a rise in new cases Massachusetts, two more cities have implemented mask mandates in their communities.

Brockton and Revere both began mask mandates on Monday that require face coverings at all city buildings for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.

Brockton Mayor Robert Sullivan said the move comes after the city had a total of 12 cases of COVID on July 12. Three weeks later, Brockton is experiencing 140 cases.

Only if it’s allowed to spread though right ? ......oh..... yeah
:confused::mad::(
Right about now my compassion/empathy for people is just about exhausted.

Still just hoping we don’t lose too many kids And that it eventually ( sooner rather than later would be nice) burns out.

Sucks. Didn’t have to be this way. In this day and age.
New COVID variant Lambda 'shows vaccine resistance'
This last sentence should send shivers......
“Lambda can be a potential threat to the human society”.
Take care all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members