Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #97

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all respect, I was asking about your country-as a whole.
No business can be closed down without repercussions to the owners and their employees.
I guess I should have asked how is your country dealing with these lockdowns financially.
Its fine if you don't know.. I'm just Curious as a small business owner. In America.

We've had some businesses close down, some last year after the first time when everything closed.
Some were chains that closed and not all of them reopened again.

Our Target store closed in October 2020, but I think that was going to happen anyway.

And one small business said they were closing due to retirement, not sure if Covid brought it on or was anything at all to do with them closing.

With all respect. I didn't post in response to your post.

It was in response to South's post.

With all respect, I was asking about your country-as a whole.
No business can be closed down without repercussions to the owners and their employees.
I guess I should have asked how is your country dealing with these lockdowns financially.
Its fine if you don't know.. I'm just Curious as a small business owner. In America.

To everyone on this most important thread.
Please know, that I respect and appreciate all information that you all share around this world of ours.
I appreciate all input from everyone who is dealing with this virus.
Hugs to all of us, during this very trying time.

This could be our youngest covid death, to date ..... it is Delta.

Aude Alaskar collapsed inside the home he shared with his wife in Sydney’s southwest on Tuesday, but was unable to be revived by paramedics.
NSW chief health officer Kerry Chant announced the 27-year-old’s death during the state’s coronavirus update this morning.

“He was being cared for by the south western Sydney local health district during his isolation period and he’d reached the day 13,” Dr Chant told reporters.
“He was being followed up daily by nursing staff and suddenly deteriorated.”

... the forklift driver had been in isolation for the past two weeks, having caught the virus from his wife, who works in an aged care facility.

Asked by reporters why Mr Alaskar wasn’t in hospital, Dr Chant said his condition deteriorated really quickly.
“He was being checked daily and he did complain of feeling a little fatigued but the deterioration happened suddenly,” she said.
“It is important that we understand that with Covid you can get sudden deaths and I think that is important to understand your health status can deteriorate.”

Liverpool man Aude Alaskar dies after testing positive to Covid-19

Last edited:
More and more, I am thinking that masking is going to be a part of our lives, in the United States, and other places.

I remember the pure joy I had, of flinging my mask across the room when we no longer were under restrictions to wear a mask.

I bought a pack of 50 re-useable masks on Amazon the other day. Sigh.
I just ordered a pack of 50 kf94 masks---which are supposedly much safer than the thin masks we have been wearing for comfort. I am going to pass them out to family members, to tighten up our security.

It was really nice that we had a brief respite for past 2 months. We flew up to visit my 91 yr old mom for 10 days. It was wonderful to take her to dinner and to take her to the park. She told me early on " I didnt know if I was going to see my family ever again"--which was so sad.

And then we spent a lot of time with our grand daughter when we returned home. I feel like I barely got to experience her as a 5 yr old because we just zoomed or face-timed, and she is not a proficient face timer, but I did see her dog and cat and her toy room up close many timeslol...but for the past 6 weeks of 'freedom' we spent a lot of time with our 6 yr old grand baby that has grown so much this past year. We are thankful for that.

But here we go, back into quarantine, it seems...*sigh* .....at least we all made it through safely so far...

Last edited:

Aude Alaskar collapsed inside the home he shared with his wife in Sydney’s southwest on Tuesday, but was unable to be revived by paramedics.
NSW chief health officer Kerry Chant announced the 27-year-old’s death during the state’s coronavirus update this morning.

“He was being cared for by the south western Sydney local health district during his isolation period and he’d reached the day 13,” Dr Chant told reporters.

... the forklift driver had been in isolation for the past two weeks, having caught the virus from his wife, who works in an aged care facility.

Asked by reporters why Mr Alaskar wasn’t in hospital, Dr Chant said his condition deteriorated really quickly.
“He was being checked daily and he did complain of feeling a little fatigued but the deterioration happened suddenly,” she said.
“It is important that we understand that with Covid you can get sudden deaths and I think that is important to understand your health status can deteriorate.”

The article didnt say if he had been vaccinated---that I saw anyway. I am curious. I'd think a 27 yr old in Liverpool would have been, but IDK.

The article didnt say if he had been vaccinated---that I saw anyway. I am curious. I'd think a 27 yr old in Liverpool would have been, but IDK.

No, he wasn't vaccinated. (He lived in Warwick Farm, in the Liverpool council area of Sydney, NSW).
He was just married 3 months ago, didn't drink, didn't smoke, played soccer, had no underlying conditions. He came to Australia 10 years ago as a refugee from Iraq.

Covid death of Sydney man Aude Alaskar, 27, prompts calls for young people to get vaccinated
Sydney's youngest COVID-19 victim 'just got married a few months ago'

No, he wasn't vaccinated. (He lived in Warwick Farm, in the Liverpool council area of Sydney, NSW).
He was just married 3 months ago, didn't drink, didn't smoke, played soccer, had no underlying conditions. He came to Australia 10 years ago as a refugee from Iraq.

Covid death of Sydney man Aude Alaskar, 27, prompts calls for young people to get vaccinated
Sydney's youngest COVID-19 victim 'just got married a few months ago'

That's heartbreaking. So young, and with a life full of promise.

sign in to what?
I'm quite a few pages behind - sorry if this has been answered

This forum also truncates some messages if you're a few pages behind. It's happened to me many times, and I'll think I've missed something. I have. While scrolling, look for a small bar between posts that says there are other messages and you can click to see them. It's easy to miss, so I often get confused until I located the rest of the messages.

That's heartbreaking. So young, and with a life full of promise.

Also, I can't begin to imagine how his new bride feels. She has now been hospitalised. She brought covid home to him from her job in an aged care facility, and has now lost her husband.
I don't know if she was vaccinated, but as an aged care worker she would have had the early opportunity to be vaccinated.

Dr Chant said Mr Alaskar’s wife had now been hospitalised.
“You can imagine the trauma for that other person who has now been hospitalised,” Dr Chant said.
“That person also had Covid and that person has been hospitalised and offered all care.”

In U.K.'s Covid summer, Delta decline offers clear lesson: vaccinate

England reopened amid a Delta surge, then cases fell. Are there lessons for the U.S.?

Interesting to read the UK stance on vaccinating children, at the moment. Very different from the US.
I wonder what the vaccination rate of US adolescents is? And if this will make any difference.

The U.K. says children over 12 will only be offered a vaccine if they are vulnerable or live with someone who is. Government advisers say that the risk of side effects, including an inflammation of the heart muscle, is vanishingly small. But so, too, is their risk of serious illness from Covid-19.

An opposing opinion says .... "We should use this precious time to prepare for school openings and vaccinate adolescents" "If declines in school attendance and subsequent closures were partly responsible for this drop, they will reverse when schools open."

92% of people in UK have antibodies from either vaccine or infection. So at this point UK might have reached that "herd" immunity, at least to variants circulating so far. We haven't reached that in US, but the way this is going, our natural infection rate is going to get us there sooner rather than later.

27 is old compared to some we've lost. We've lost kids to covid and people minimize the loss due to pre-existing conditions.

27 is old compared to some we've lost. We've lost kids to covid and people minimize the loss due to pre-existing conditions.

Yes. I am watching what is happening around the world pretty closely.

I am just hoping that we can get ahead of Delta a bit, and get ourselves vaccinated pretty quickly (now that we have vaccines). It might help save our kids.

I am also interested to see what happens when schools reopen in the northern hemisphere, and hope that the children aren't too affected. That enough adults are protected that they don't pass Delta to their kids, who then pass it to other kids.

When I looked tonight, by my calculations based on govt figures, we now have 52.9% of people aged 16 and over vaccinated with one dose at least (25% fully vaccinated).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member