Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #97

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents won't get vaccinated. My newborn woke me up in the middle of the night last night. All I could think of when I woke up was that maybe I could get my parents to wear N95 masks. So I found myself essentially panic buying N95 masks in the middle of the night like they weren't going to be there if I waited 5 minutes.

I was reading this thread before falling asleep. I figure the people in this thread will understand if anyone would. I need my parents to make it through this next wave. But my poor deluded father listens to Dr Mercola.

@beatrixpotter I have several N95 masks, and can't stand to wear them for 8 hours a day. So, any mask is better than no mask, hopefully they can find one tolerable for them.

Maybe the N95 masks we were issued at work are poorly manufactured. I felt like I was literally breathing in fiberglass particles.

Sorry you have all of this stress, with a new baby.

I have a question but don't know if anyone knows the answer: it has been said the vaccines are effective for 6 months--- maybe "at least 6 months"-- so my question is, to which I have not heard anything from anyone at CDC, physicians or anyone else: what happens after 6 months. I had my 2nd shot on Mar24- so my 6 months will be up Sept 24-- what happens after that? is the vaccine still somewhat effective or not effective at all.

Vaccinated parents' new worry: Can I transmit Covid to my unvaccinated kids? (nbcnews.com)

“I’m tired. The mental math of determining what we feel is safe for our kids has been one of the hardest parts of the pandemic,” one mother said.

When Kate Eichelberger and her husband got their Covid-19 vaccinations, they felt a sense of protection — not just for themselves, but for their young children, too.

At 6 and 8 years old, the kids are not yet eligible for Covid-19 shots, which are currently only available to those 12 and up. But Eichelberger felt relieved knowing that as a fully vaccinated adult, if she were exposed to the coronavirus at her workplace or anywhere else, it was unlikely she would bring it home to her children.

That relief evaporated last week after a change in federal guidance on masks for vaccinated people, followed by what prompted the switch: new findings about the highly contagious delta variant, detailed in a leaked internal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention document...

My parents won't get vaccinated. My newborn woke me up in the middle of the night last night. All I could think of when I woke up was that maybe I could get my parents to wear N95 masks. So I found myself essentially panic buying N95 masks in the middle of the night like they weren't going to be there if I waited 5 minutes.

I was reading this thread before falling asleep. I figure the people in this thread will understand if anyone would. I need my parents to make it through this next wave. But my poor deluded father listens to Dr Mercola.

I recently bought some more N95 and KN95 masks online. I think we'll need them through the winter, when we go out. I wish we didn't have to, but there it is.

I hope your parents wise up. It's best for everyone's health, especially the little ones who aren't old enough to get the vaccine. Myself and my DIL's mother will be taking care of our grandchild while my DIL goes back to work. I think her new workplace is requiring all employees to get the vaccine, so hopefully she won't be at too great risk of exposure.

ETA: Congrats on being a new mom! Our grandchild just celebrated her first birthday, so I know its stressful for new parents going through this pandemic. It's all working out ok, though. You have to be firm about keeping unvaccinated people away from the little one.

Last edited:
I’ve looked but can’t find the remaining four states that don’t count probable COVID deaths (i.e. those missing a positive PCR test). Anyone know?

We have had consistent confusion in Florida. DeSantis has changed the rules of of counting quite often.

What is pretty significant right now, and not very well broadcast is this new surge of dangerous respiratory illnesses, that are not tested as Covid, but are a significant number of cases in the ICUs.

Florida Hardest Hit State During COVID-19 Surge

“What’s different this time [compared to 2020] is the combined impact of significant COVID-19 hospitalizations with very sick non-COVID patients,” she said. “Everyone is trying to understand why at this time of year we’re seeing large volumes of non-COVID respiratory illnesses.”

I used to read Dr. Mercola on his web site- he has gotten wackier as the years have gone one: haven't been to his web site or read his rantings in a long time. Too bad you have to deal with your father believing Dr. Mercola: you sure have your hands full. I wish you the best in dealing with all of this and congrats on being a new mom!!! How wonderful for you!

We have had consistent confusion in Florida. DeSantis has changed the rules of of counting quite often.

What is pretty significant right now, and not very well broadcast is this new surge of dangerous respiratory illnesses, that are not tested as Covid, but are a significant number of cases in the ICUs.

Florida Hardest Hit State During COVID-19 Surge

“What’s different this time [compared to 2020] is the combined impact of significant COVID-19 hospitalizations with very sick non-COVID patients,” she said. “Everyone is trying to understand why at this time of year we’re seeing large volumes of non-COVID respiratory illnesses.”

That is weird- what are they thinking is causing these respiratory illnesses or are they totally baffled?

I have a question but don't know if anyone knows the answer: it has been said the vaccines are effective for 6 months--- maybe "at least 6 months"-- so my question is, to which I have not heard anything from anyone at CDC, physicians or anyone else: what happens after 6 months. I had my 2nd shot on Mar24- so my 6 months will be up Sept 24-- what happens after that? is the vaccine still somewhat effective or not effective at all.

Both Pfizer and Moderna are preparing a program to provide a "booster" vaccine for the winter months.

Moderna says we'll need COVID-19 booster shots this fall, predicting that protection from its vaccine will wane

In the linked article above, the Moderna executive says their vaccine starts to wane after 8 months.

I'm hoping the US experiences the Delta surge the same way as the UK, where it peaks, then declines rapidly. That can happen if everyone gets vaccinated.

Last edited:
Both Pfizer and Moderna are preparing a program to provide a "booster" vaccine for the winter months.

Moderna says we'll need COVID-19 booster shots this fall, predicting that protection from its vaccine will wane

In the linked article above, the Moderna executive says their vaccine starts to wane after 8 months.

I'm hoping the US experiences the Delta surge the same way as the UK, where it peaks, then declines rapidly. That can happen if everyone gets vaccinated.

Thank you so much for this information: My first two jabs were Moderna- I did hear a physician from Moderna say something to the effect that they plan to actually incorporate the Delta virus into the booster- I don't recall if the Covid virus was incorporated into the initial vaccine we have received.

Raises such new questions!!

I do remember thinking that the AZ was going to be the best, and to me, I felt it was the least politicized effort....

But there have obviously been many controversies about AZ????

If this statement is true, who IS the first??
Mr Soriot said. In spite of all the hostility, AZ is the second largest supplier of doses to the EU.

For minor children? Yes. I might change my decision about whether to allow them to get it, but never without my consent. The fact that it's not currently FDA approved is just the icing on the "over my dead body" cake lol

Is there an equivalent to "FDA Approval" for the Astra Zeneca vaccine?

Are you ok with unapproved, off label covid treatment protocols?

There is a great deal of pushing the covid treatments.. and they are making a s**load of money.. I think I trust them less than universal vaccines. And these are still seeking emergency authorization....

"The dramatic quarter-to-quarter increase for REGEN-COV stands in contrast to Lilly’s antibody performance. Earlier this week, Lilly reported that its bamlanivimab and etesevimab sales fell from $810 million in the first quarter of 2021 to $149 million in the second.

Regeneron’s antibody success isn’t just about efficacy against troublesome variants. Two months ago, REGEN-COV sCORED FDA EMERGENCY AUTHORIZATON to be administered at a lower dose and by injection

Regeneron's COVID-19 antibodies rake in $2.6B, reflecting their market dominance and blowing away estimates

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this information: My first two jabs were Moderna- I did hear a physician from Moderna say something to the effect that they plan to actually incorporate the Delta virus into the booster- I don't recall if the Covid virus was incorporated into the initial vaccine we have received.

That sounds about right. They can "tweak" the vaccine to adapt to new variations. IIRC, that's kind of what they did with the current vaccine. They already had the mRNA vaccine on the shelf. It was developed for a previous SARS virus. They just studied the COVID 19 virus and adapted the vaccine for it.

Here's another quote from the article:

"This is not the last round of the fight with SARS-CoV-2," said Stephen Hoge, Moderna's president, using the virus' formal name. "We expect it to have at least a couple more rounds, and maybe annually, we're just going to continue to fight this virus back."

Not sure, but looking back to the info on the Spanish Flu, it took a few years to get over that one. IIRC, the virus eventually loses its ability to overcome people's immune systems.

Thank you for sharing this article.
As a small restaurant owner in San Diego, California, I can attest.
Our patrons and our sales have taken a nose dive. Big time.
Stunning actually. People are afraid.
I so understand.
This virus is here. It's relentless as it tries to survive.
The mixed messages from our government can make anyone crazy.
I'm exhausted.
I honestly don't know what to think about going forward.
Looking forward, this winter, has me very worried as people go indoors.

I thought you were considering moving to the East Coast??

Is there an equivalent to "FDA Approval" for the Astra Zeneca vaccine?

(I am not sure if I am answering what you are asking ... )

Yes. In my country it is TGA approval. Nothing gets put into our arms or used as a medicine here unless it is TGA approved. Presumably most/all western countries have a similar vetting process, which involves vigorous testing and scrutiny.

Our TGA tests every single batch of Pfizer that comes into our country, even though they have approved it for use. Just to make sure each batch is consistent and safe.

We make our own AstraZeneca now, but the TGA tests those batches also.

(TGA = Therapeutic Goods Administration, the medicine and therapeutic regulatory agency of Australia)

Last edited:
mRNA vaccines don't contain any virus. They contain a mRNA sequence for spike protein. What the physician meant is that they can change the mRNA sequence from the original virus to that of delta virus. Delta virus is a mutated form of an original virus, so the spike protein sequence is different. Delta booster will use the mRNA sequence for the spike protein from delta covid. There won't be any virus incorporated into mRNA vaccines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth